Author Topic: Cody Fan Club  (Read 703785 times)

Doc Brown

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: Cody Fan Club
« Reply #570 on: June 14, 2010, 06:58:02 PM »
Mike: Hey guys, you know what what I learned the other day?

Everyone: What?

Mike: I learned I can shoot halfway across the room!

Ross: Umm...

Tom: Uhh?

Cody: THAT'S AWESOME. I've never measured myself, but that is really COOL!

I respect Mike, but I now love Cody more than ever.

Cody not only brings the funny to the table but encourages it. Even if it is encouragement that everyone recognizes as patronizing except the sex machine himself. Hard to blame a robot piston deep in pussy though.

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #571 on: June 15, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »
Nice pic, Doc Brown.

When I was in high school, I used to yell, "Rooo-feee - "

And my friends would respond, "OHHHHHHH!!!!"
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Doc Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 15, 2010, 04:01:11 PM »

And my friends

Uh huh, SUUUUUURE

Kidding, Rufio is the shit, and figured it does a good job summing up my relationship to RPGs/fantasy in general.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 15, 2010, 04:30:14 PM »
Oh my god. Rufio. From Hook?

What a terrible movie.

What a punk.

Doc Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 15, 2010, 04:39:49 PM »
Oh my god. Rufio. From Hook?

What a terrible movie.

What a punk.

Yes.

No.

Maybe, but none of my business as long as he STAYS OFF MY GODDAMN LAWN.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #575 on: June 15, 2010, 05:12:56 PM »
I really liked Hook. Hurrah for Dustin Hoffman.

prizefighter2112

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 15, 2010, 07:08:51 PM »
Hook is a super badass movie.  Dustin Hoffman is sublime as Cap'n Hook, AND they managed to make Julia Roberts look hot!  Not a simple feat my friends.
Gee, I wish I had a crafty signature.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #577 on: June 16, 2010, 11:12:17 AM »
I'm not disputing the hotness of Julia Roberts in the film, because she is definitely hot in it, but isn't it strange how she is more hot when she looks more like a man.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #578 on: June 16, 2010, 01:12:41 PM »
I'm not disputing the hotness of Julia Roberts in the film, because she is definitely hot in it, but isn't it strange how she is more hot when she looks more like a man.

Not if that's your thing. I certainly support the rugged look among the ladies. Personally it's the wings that do it for me but that's a whole other thing I got going on.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #579 on: June 17, 2010, 03:44:12 PM »
Other than the fact that the movie completely negates the idea of "Every child grows up . . . except for one," I still love Hook.

Personally though, the 2003 Peter Pan movie is amazing and my wife and I cry our eyes out every time we watch it.

Doc Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 17, 2010, 06:41:27 PM »
Well I didn't want to completely derail a fan club thread with talk about my avatar (being pretty new and all) , but I love Hook because

1)  I remember it being a blast of a movie when it came out for me. It was just a lot of fun. (I'm 28 now, do the math)

2) coming back to it later the premise that a man needs to recapture or retain his imagination resonates with me, and seemed fitting for the purpose here. If nothing else, DO IT FOR THE CHILLUNS.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #581 on: June 17, 2010, 07:35:13 PM »
There is no way to derail this thread. We merely roll with the punches and adjust as we go. This is the story of Cody. This is the magic of the Cathartic Lobster.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #582 on: June 17, 2010, 08:01:58 PM »
Speaking of which, I'm working on a D&D game inspired by Pirates of Dark Water set in the Astral Sea where the Githyanki will be forming the primary enemy (along side the titular "dark water"). Basically, the material plane and the elemental chaos are totally done, devoured by something that is "rising" through the metaplanar structure of the universe.

Now the Astral Sea is all that's left and if you go far enough below the Astral Horizon you'll encounter the dark stuff that ate the other planes. In places the stuff is under enough pressure (think artesian wells of cosmic anathema) to spring up into the Astral Sea at "sea level" and effect divine domains and individual ships.

I was lookin' for some reflections from a dude he's done a popular culture inspired game before, and any thoughts from my cultist homies.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #583 on: June 17, 2010, 08:12:28 PM »
My best advice is this (and I KNOW that I don't have to tell you this, but this is for anyone who wants to set a game in a pop culture universe.)

1) Don't get so wrapped up in the universe that you don't care about the players. If you have some cool ideas for a universe, make sure you use those ideas in ways that are relevant to players.

2) If players don't get it, don't get upset. Going into the He-Man game, I thought, "no one will get any of the references I make, but that's okay." They didn't get many of them, but when they did, it added to the excitement. Players found a maguffin and I described in detail, but I never outright told them what it was. Eventually, they activated said maguffin and someone said, "wait, this is the cosmic key from the live action movie!" and it was a cool moment had by all.

Tad, as I said, I know you know these things, but they are the best advice I can give.

That being said, your campaign sounds really cool and a nice twist on the PoDW world. Have a blast and let us know what happens.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 17, 2010, 09:36:45 PM »
So anyways. To get back on topic: cumshiters.

;D