Author Topic: Cody Fan Club  (Read 732027 times)

Karl

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Re: Cody Fan Club
« Reply #210 on: July 31, 2009, 09:28:43 PM »
*attempts to summon a lesser aspect of Coddowalshagoth*

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #211 on: July 31, 2009, 09:35:12 PM »
*attempts to summon a lesser aspect of Coddowalshagoth*

*Dispenses memo as acting demi-god*

"Thank you for taking an interest in the end of your world and species in the subjugation of all things behind the many hairy claws of Coddowalshagoth.

Unfortunitally I must inform you that your summoning ritual does not met the stated requirements to commune with the Cathardic Lobster.

Please consult your owner's manual for directions on proper ritual requirments.

We recommend you upgrade your blood letting devices and increase the spin speed on your flesh pits."

Karl

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 31, 2009, 09:45:45 PM »
Speaking of pits did the body pit ever get finished?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #213 on: July 31, 2009, 10:12:40 PM »
I'm pretty sure Dawnsteel is still down there with a shovel.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #214 on: July 31, 2009, 11:47:01 PM »
Ran a game of Call of Cthulhu tonight with Cody, Jason and Tom. They were a TV crew investigating rumors about a secret government experiment that destroyed a small town called Hope, Idaho.   8)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #215 on: August 01, 2009, 01:07:57 AM »
Make use of any screen caps of fucked up cut scenes from a certain video game to get them into the mood?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #216 on: August 01, 2009, 10:54:03 AM »
Make use of any screen caps of fucked up cut scenes from a certain video game to get them into the mood?

Not yet but I decided to expand it from a one shot to a mini campaign. They going to Manhattan next as DG friendlies (read expendable assets) to find out what's going on. The quarantine has started but DG can sneak them in via secret tunnels.

IDaMan008

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Lucky 13!
    • View Profile
    • Rag-NERD-rok Actual Plays
« Reply #217 on: August 06, 2009, 11:33:21 AM »
Ran a game of Call of Cthulhu tonight with Cody, Jason and Tom. They were a TV crew investigating rumors about a secret government experiment that destroyed a small town called Hope, Idaho.   8)

After the anecdote you guys mentioned on the Podcast, I'd love to hear that game. I hope you recorded it.

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to say that Cody is full of awesome and win, blended together in a satiny smooth mixture that goes down easy and turns your poop rainbow colors. I'm definitely a member of his fanclub.

Green artificial light

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 17, 2009, 04:08:34 AM »
"Guys, don't worry about it, I got nothing else to live for because I got Hepititus C."

This is like the ultimate running joke with me and my friends. Now obviously in reality Hepatitus C is nothing to joke about, and case point being one of my friends who is an EMT. Apparently he was watching an annual training video ( produced in 1979 according to him) and at one point the narrator actually says " it may seem that you have nothing to live for " needless to say he had to take a bathroom break at this point. At the end he was asked to fill out a form detailing what he took from the video , what he would have liked to learn more about etc. He wrote " The Narrator....Ernie Hudson I believe was really enlighting in regard to the dangers of hepatitus"
So its 3 am and im seriously thinking about ordering "Monster Ballads" ...please help

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 18, 2009, 01:07:55 AM »
to your sig. i had a buddoe at 3 am tell me he was watching an infomercial about the monsterballeds and was going to pray to a dark god to give him streangth to resist the temptation of ordering now!

Green artificial light

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 18, 2009, 12:46:18 PM »
to your sig. i had a buddoe at 3 am tell me he was watching an infomercial about the monsterballeds and was going to pray to a dark god to give him streangth to resist the temptation of ordering now!

......( announcer voice) ....because every bad boy has his soft side....
So its 3 am and im seriously thinking about ordering "Monster Ballads" ...please help

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #221 on: August 18, 2009, 09:08:33 PM »
I'm writing, but haven't yet had the chance to plat test, a CoC scenario that uses Coddowalshagoth as the focus.

The scenario features many of the avatars of the Cathartic Lobster in difference levels of power, including Ernie Hudson.

When I get the chance to run it I'll make sure to record it.

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #222 on: August 19, 2009, 10:34:06 PM »
I LOVE IT!!!!

Don't forget the Herald of Coddowalshagoth, Martin Van Buren (first AMERICAN president)!!!!!
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #223 on: August 19, 2009, 11:09:46 PM »
I LOVE IT!!!!

Don't forget the Herald of Coddowalshagoth, Martin Van Buren (first AMERICAN president)!!!!!

I'm trying to work him in somehow. It's been difficult, I'll think of something.

The Cathartic Lobster is fairly straight forward as the primary, destructive avatar that's a direct threat to the players.

Locke makes an excellent avatar and prophetic voice, especially when combined with Father Cole as a sort of cult leader (inspired by the throw away line about having his congregation drink evil potions). Locke's personal perversions can be played up to horrific levels to demonstrate the "reality" of the god he represents.

Ernie Hudson was the trick, but I found a work around for it and even made him a big part of the game. The man himself doesn't appear in the campaign, but what he has becomes does. When I heard Ernie's fate being described as "an elder god tearing him apart", I instantly thought: well, that's an elder god who's got Hep C now.

The game opens in a hospital which has been locked down due to a sudden and inexplicable outbreak of what can only be described as "rapid on set Hepatitis C".

After infection the victim soon begins bleeding through their thin membraces (nose, lips, eyes), suffers massive pain in their abdomen, and drops into a coma. They recover later, apparently recovered, but within 24 hours they collapse again and their liver hardens and swells to impossible size, eventually becoming jagged and literally bursting through the stomach flesh of the victim, which them awakens in a zombie like state.

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #224 on: August 20, 2009, 10:34:59 PM »
Me likey.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.