Author Topic: Cody Fan Club  (Read 703568 times)

nozzlehead

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Cody Fan Club
« on: April 03, 2009, 06:22:41 PM »
I'm starting the Cody Fan Club.
I'm hoping he's in more upcoming episodes.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: Cody Fan Club
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 06:51:14 PM »
I'll sign on. I've been impressed with his work so far. His priest in the Fear Itself game took the cake for me, personally.

And "Bad Player" was amazingly funny.

nozzlehead

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 07:00:40 PM »
I must have missed the "Fear Itself" AP. Downloading it now.
Where was the "Bad Player" bit?
He's great in the AP but I wouldn't mind hearing his thoughts on a regular show too.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 07:22:14 PM »
Your founding his fan club and you haven't heard half his "work"?

Anyway, Bad Player was the title of one of the earlier episodes (I believe it was #6). I assume It was intended to be a discussion on how to spot a bad player and what to do with them. What it really was was a chance for Cody to tell stories about an amazingly bad player he had in his group during several campaigns.

He co-stared in another episode, I forget which, when he emparted the lovely tale of another horrible playering being raped by a Bee Queen, hince the occational references to "Bee Queen Rape" in the actual players since.

The Fear Itself actual play is amazing. It's a much smaller setting, just Ross, Tom, and Cody. Tom plays a freaky laundry shop attendent and Cody is playing a priest who's not a very good priest. He was a good man, in general, but he'd done some bad things. Cody played it well and it made for an interesting listen

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 07:53:53 PM »
Alright, I'm in. What actually impressed me in the Fear Itself game, the first one, was when they were given the choice between saving the blowfish baby and the older guy, Cody was considering saving the older guy for the simple reason that he was of a bigger value to society than the baby would ever be. The others would never allow it, and I understood why, but it was still a reasonable doubt. From the actual play I heard, Cody's thought process is probably what approximate my own the most.

nozzlehead

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 07:58:18 PM »
Now that you mention it, I do remember the Bad Player episode.
Off to listen to Fear Itself...

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 12:45:12 AM »
 :'( *sniffle*

I don't know what to say except . . . you like me, you really . . .

eh . . . enough cliches.

Honestly though, I really appreciate the love being sent my way. I really try my best to add some diversity and pathos to the characters that I play. Granted, my wizard in the New World campaign is pretty much all hedonism in those early episodes, but he gets better as time goes on.

I also loved Father Cole in the Fear Itself AP. I thought that was one of my best games and certainly one of the creepiest sessions I have ever played. Ross set a great mood, Tom and I were on and serious, and we both had great interactions.

We just finished playing the Watchmen inspired campaign tonight and I must say that I am incredibly proud of all us. It was a fantastic session and well-played by all. Great times.

As for being more active in the podcasts . . . I would be absolutely more than happy to be more active.

Once again, thanks for all the kind words. I deeply appreciate it.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 11:45:43 AM »
Personally, my favorite character of Cody's was a Deputy Sheriff in a CoC game that had Hepatitis C (I can't remember the characters name now). This was the first time that Cody had played in our gaming group - when it was still our gaming group. What really made the character is that Cody brought a 15 minute long monologue for a backstory that explained his character from birth to getting Hep C and the results.

At the end of his monologue, Tom looks at Cody and says, "You know you're character is probably going to die right?"

In fact, Tom and my character sacrificed Cody's character by pushing him into a gate that sent him back to the Jurassic Period as a way of closing the gate. Hep C be damned, he was eaten by a raptor.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 11:51:10 AM »
That was deputy Ernie Hudson! He was a former paranormal investigator from New Yrok City who moved out west in search of a new life. His wife was murdered in New York and he went after the killer to extract his revenge. Once he found the killer, he beat him to death and got the killer's Hep C infected blood all over his hands and that is how he contracted the disease.

As I recall, once Ross said that going into this evil cave would be certain doom for anyone who entered, Ernie Hudson spoke up and said, "Guys, don't worry about it, I got nothing else to live for because I got Hepititus C." Inside, there was a gate and he entered it and was sent to the 1950's where there was some experiment going on. Some villainf rom beyond space and time telekinetically picked him up and began to crush him, but not before Ernie Hudson could start praying to Allah because he was a devout Muslim (a fact that he had decided upon once he began to be crushed).

Ernie Hudson - my first CoC character and probably my finest because there was so much backstory I gave him even though I knew he was going to die.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 11:54:33 AM »
I really wish I could have played in more games with you.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 01:02:54 PM »
Alright, I'm in. What actually impressed me in the Fear Itself game, the first one, was when they were given the choice between saving the blowfish baby and the older guy, Cody was considering saving the older guy for the simple reason that he was of a bigger value to society than the baby would ever be. The others would never allow it, and I understood why, but it was still a reasonable doubt. From the actual play I heard, Cody's thought process is probably what approximate my own the most.

Actually that was the Esoterrorists game, not Fear Itself.

Mason

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • he who laughs last, didn't get it.
    • View Profile
    • my myspace page
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 04:10:21 PM »
Cody has definatly add new phrases to my arsenal of offensive crap to fling. cum shiters being the main one and frog snatch a close second.
"a Kenyan man once told me you can get use to anything when money is involved... he use to stick mice up his ass for twenty dollars a pop." -Spider Jerusalem

Zeernebooch

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 04:14:54 PM »
Cum shiters has also become one of the things that i will throw out  there when people are being a bit too serious or i just feel like seeing peoples reactions. No one ever laughs at the frog Jesus dried up for your sins thing when i say it...guess it's all the Mormonism in my area killing the fun some more.
Welcome to dying! I don't let it out! Welcome to dying! Look to the mirror it
shows what I am! Welcome to dying!This town must burn now! Welcome to dying!
Can't you see the dragon's seed bears in me, the one who's been before!
-- Welcome to Dying by Blind Guardian

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 07:36:14 PM »
I'm glad to know that the two phrases that will be associated with my name in the future are "cumshiters" and "frog snatch." My parents would be proud. Actually, the probably wouldn't.

My wife is proud of me at least.

Fuck.

Mason

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • he who laughs last, didn't get it.
    • View Profile
    • my myspace page
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 07:37:57 PM »
yeah religion will do that.

I think cody would make a good third host, but adding another host means less podcast due to schedule restraints.
"a Kenyan man once told me you can get use to anything when money is involved... he use to stick mice up his ass for twenty dollars a pop." -Spider Jerusalem