Author Topic: Cody Fan Club  (Read 732021 times)

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
Re: Cody Fan Club
« Reply #330 on: February 04, 2010, 10:57:39 PM »
Ill admit im a pit occupent /wrist. may my organs spliced appart for hermit crabs to consume.

Mckma

• Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 04, 2010, 11:10:43 PM »
Ill admit im a pit occupent /wrist. may my organs spliced appart for hermit crabs to consume.

I thought about the crabs and starfish in Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth after reading that...

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 05, 2010, 12:56:18 AM »
I wanna play that game! I have seen some videos of it online looks pretty good.

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 05, 2010, 01:58:08 AM »
I wanna play that game! I have seen some videos of it online looks pretty good.

It's great.  Has some bugs and some issues, but it is very suspensful and if you get in the right mood, it has a downright unsettling atmosphere.  Definitely would recommend it (even though it is about $20 on Steam, and a bit tough to find elsewhere).

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #334 on: February 05, 2010, 07:10:50 PM »
Second run of the beta game will be tommorrow. I'll have more balanced and useful PCs, faster paced gaming, and hopefully manage to get to some references.

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 06, 2010, 04:19:14 PM »
I ran a game of 4E (we each GM a game) and it was pretty damn interesting out it turned out. A NPC warlock needed the player's help to summon Codolshoggoth to defeat him and break their pact but one player was opposed and the other was breaking down. They fought each other and they killed him right as he summoned Codolshoggoth with his own blood. The church started to shake as the portal opened and the fighter just dropped his sword and started crying. They fought against him valiantly but he came out on top when he took down what was an already weak defender. As my mage and the invoker kept fumbling their attacks, he laughed and dragged the warlock and the fighter in his plane saying he'll be back. The church was about to crumble, my mage stepped in the portal to hopefully rescue the fighter from the demon before it closed but the invoker ran away.

The invoker lost his best friend, his future wife and beat to death a warlock before seeing a demon. The player is looking at what other god will answer his character's prayer as he thinks he's praying Pelor.

Codolshoggoth was simply a reskinned Young white dragon, who's breath weapon was bees coming out of his lobster mouth.

Tad: My friend usually writes down the games on his website so I'll have that to submit.

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #336 on: February 06, 2010, 05:50:26 PM »
MY BEES WILL BLOT OUT THE SUN!!!

Then we shall hug in the shade.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #337 on: February 06, 2010, 09:22:31 PM »
Nice stuff Maze. I look forward to reading it.

Second playtest of the newly renamed "Well Life Institute" went perfectly. It was the first time the whole group had ever played CoC but we had an hour before game of Q&A while they went through their pregens and asked questions.

They got all the way through the adventure but not in the way I thought they would. Helped me see alot of things I need to change and add and everyone had a good time. Got some great lobster stuff worked into this one though its going to be new stuff for everybody until right at the end.

I plan to keep working on the scenario and, eventually, turn it into a Con Game or publish it.

I'll be doing the audio adjustments to it over the weekend and putting it up monday or tuesday (in time for the judging to begin).

A final remind to everyone that Lobster Fest ends tommorrow so it'll be the last day to record your games for the contest but things don't need to be online for viewing until next week (though sooner is, of course, better). Good luck to everyone.

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 07, 2010, 07:16:45 PM »
http://mdndc.wikidot.com/chapters:1-5-kaelsdeparture

It doesn't do justice to the moment when the fighter hit the invoker as they were struggling upon whether or not to let the NPC warlock summon Codolshoggoth. There were these precious moment of silence. They weren't awkward, they were gold.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #339 on: February 08, 2010, 11:39:01 AM »
Monday is upon us, and as we attempt to wake ourselves from whatever pits or ditches we may have occupied as a result of the festivities, slap some aftershave on, and try to avoid eye contact with the office manager, Lobster Fest 2010 draws to a close.

Congradulations to everyone who celebrated the works of the Cathartic Lobster this week.

For those who prepared works to submit for the contest, please have anything sent to me or publically linked to by friday. If you will be having delays, please let me know.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #340 on: February 25, 2010, 05:44:06 PM »
Everybody all rested up from the holiday? Good, because it's time to get back to work.

The pits don't dig themselves and if we wait for villagers to fall in on their own we're never gonna get the street cred we need to have investigators stumbling upon us.

To that end I am requesting the assistance of all cultists in the construction of The Tomb of Coddowalshagoth. Everyone who can help, please do, this is going to be a collabrative effort to bring together the various elements of the Cathatric Lobster together into a single, sharable collection.

Ideally I'd like this is to be a game usable package with information horror gamers can use and (if we can manage it) stats for us in some major horror games (Call of Cthulhu, World of Darkness, etc).

It's a big ambition but I think we can handle it.

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 25, 2010, 05:57:48 PM »
Everybody all rested up from the holiday? Good, because it's time to get back to work.

The pits don't dig themselves and if we wait for villagers to fall in on their own we're never gonna get the street cred we need to have investigators stumbling upon us.

To that end I am requesting the assistance of all cultists in the construction of The Tomb of Coddowalshagoth. Everyone who can help, please do, this is going to be a collabrative effort to bring together the various elements of the Cathatric Lobster together into a single, sharable collection.

Ideally I'd like this is to be a game usable package with information horror gamers can use and (if we can manage it) stats for us in some major horror games (Call of Cthulhu, World of Darkness, etc).

I'm in.  We going to do this over Wave?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #342 on: February 25, 2010, 05:59:24 PM »
I'd planned to do it through the forums here but it everybody is on Wave than, yeah, I think we can work that.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 25, 2010, 06:01:47 PM »

You're going to probably want to make a new thread for this. When you do, I'll sticky it - at least temporarily - so you can compile and then unsticky it when you're done.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #344 on: February 25, 2010, 06:08:16 PM »
Excellent. Thank you for the assistance.