Author Topic: Land of the Druids Campaign Guide  (Read 7329 times)

Arje

• Play by Post Dude. Malcontent.
  • Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
Land of the Druids Campaign Guide
« on: April 21, 2010, 02:20:19 AM »
Wherein I shall post information about the Campaign Setting I'm working on.

The scribes tell us that in the world that came before, gods and mortals abused the land. They worshiped many things, coveted power, and began to ruin themselves as mortals and their gods are want to do. Eventually it came to war. There were only two survivors. The goddesses of Nature and Magic had chosen to stay out of the fighting, and it came to pass that they were all that remained. This was a lonely existence, and so an accord was reached. They would sunder themselves on the great void, and make a new world. Taking the best of what they remembered, Eula was forged from their power. And the last of the gods died.

Eula was a large world. A single continent dominated its austere sphere. Its ocean would hold many mysteries, great behemoths and sunken cities, mysteries its inhabitants might one day scour. The balance of power reflected the sacrifice of its creators. Mages and Druids were as abundant at the beginning as they are now. The beginning of time on Eula ushered in a Golden Age which would last 5000 years. The druids tended the world, and the mages pondered the mysteries which had been left them. Even the poorest family did not hunger, and had a few magical devices to tend to mundane needs. A simple walk through the forest would yield an armful of fruit as the very trees themselves deposited their bounty into outstretched hands.

But the mages grew overconfident. Their explorations into the unknown were beginning to spill into Eula's purity. Abberations summoned from the lawless planes which remained from the world before. Powerful outsiders seeking dominion over mortals once again. Magical fires, growing out of control, scouring the land, poisoning the soil and preventing the natural cycle of rebirth. The Druidic Council sought restraint from the Mages Chamber. Instead they received an open deceleration of war. No one knows why. It's thought they were on the verge of something. Some discovery. The knowledge itself is lost to time.

(more coming soon)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 02:32:36 AM by Arje »
My new goal in life is to play D&D with Judi Dench

Bronnen

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Re: Land of the Druids Campaign Guide
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 02:26:18 AM »
Fairly well written.  Simple, which I like.

But, I'm assuming you don't just want to know what's good, but what people don't like.

Well for one, your last paragraph is incredible similar to the spellplague from Forgotten Realms.

For two... (i know you can't say that but Bleh) Nature and magic? Eh, it's a little too simple. Especially since usually with the death of a god or goddess of magic, magic itself vanishes.

Them's is just my gripes though, On the whole, I'm intrigued and would really like to see more.

Arje

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 02:31:08 AM »
Theres a ton more, but most of my stuff is in the form of RJ-only notation and short hand. I'm going to have to sort and fix as I go. I want to get the rough sketch of the setting down first, and then i'll be talking about Classes, Changes, New Spells...etc.

Bronnen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 02:33:49 AM »
Do you have anyone doing any editing or play testing? I'd be intrigued in doing something like that, as well as with a group of my club mates.

What system is this supposed to be for?

Arje

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 02:37:13 AM »
Sorry, this isn't exactly clear. The RPPR kids are kind enough to indulge me, we run it every other sunday. I'm running it in Pathfinder. With some changes as needed.

I've gone abit oldschool in some places. Character Creation is a little odd. More so, because this group is playing the archetypal 'chosen'. All of them, where normally that might be a rare thing.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 02:39:42 AM »
fun bit of trivia: All druids eat poison as a matter of habit and because druids hate food moochers.

Bronnen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 02:42:19 AM »
Alrighty. Glad you've got a group.

Also, Druids like to wear bright golden torcs and call themselves Droods.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 03:32:46 AM »
fun bit of trivia: All druids eat poison as a matter of habit and because druids hate food moochers.

Awesome character concept...

Arje

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 04:47:05 AM »
It's the sole useful plan the group has come up with so far. Poison all the food, so in the event they are captured, their captives poison themselves.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 11:55:47 AM »
It's the sole useful plan the group has come up with so far. Poison all the food, so in the event they are captured, their captives poison themselves.

How very Greek.