Author Topic: So... Kick Ass?  (Read 15148 times)

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
So... Kick Ass?
« on: April 24, 2010, 01:28:41 AM »
So me and my wife went to see Kick Ass today... it was good, but felt corny, I dont know, me and my wife both agree it was worth the money at the theater but prob not a buy. Anyone else see it yet?

ShotgunSurgeon

Re: So... Kick Ass?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 02:31:15 AM »
Seen it. I pretty much agree... the movie is oddly disturbing. The humor is kinda cheeseball, but the violence is graphic and realistic enough for a cringe.

beowuuf

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • DM.com - forums dedicated to a 25 year old PC game.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 03:02:10 AM »

I think the odd tone works, just I'd basically seen most of the movie due to the trailers. At least lots of the meat of the trailers in terms of setting up the film then happened in the first few minutes.

I more felt the story missed a large beat somewhere - looking more at him gaining popularity, or something.

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 09:19:00 AM »
I found myself bored with parts that didn't feature a pre-teen murdering people or saying "cunt."

As the movie began I thought, "I fucking hated the comic. Why am I here?" and as the movie went along, I was just more and more bored.

Was it an accurate comic book movie? Yes, for the most part. The jetpack sort of blew up the fridge for me, but other than that, it stayed relatively true to the comic. I think the problem is that it just doesn't translate well. The only part of the comic I enjoyed was JRJR's artwork, but the film isn't animated obviously, so there is no way for them to get me to like it.

To summarize how I really feel about the movie, allow me to quote my initial reaction to the jetpack, "This shit is retarded."
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 11:47:14 AM »
Yeah Hit Girl is totaly the star of the show, but most of her good seen's were all in the red-band trailer so I was disapointed there too, granted they strung them along well and I enjoyed the overall product but Just feel empty at the end.

nbneil

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 10:59:25 PM »
Yeah Hit Girl is totaly the star of the show, but most of her good seen's were all in the red-band trailer so I was disapointed there too, granted they strung them along well and I enjoyed the overall product but Just feel empty at the end.

That's a good summary of my thoughts. I felt like I should have been really stoked at the end but was just meh.
Check out the NerdBound podcast on iTunes or at NerdBound
Follow me on Twitter @nbneil

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 11:39:08 PM »
So watching philly d on you tube, and the 19 year old kid that played kick ass, knocked up a 43 year old chick and is gonna Mary her, she has a daughter that's 14.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 10:08:44 AM »
So watching philly d on you tube, and the 19 year old kid that played kick ass, knocked up a 43 year old chick and is gonna Mary her, she has a daughter that's 14.

Holy shit!

Is she at least a hot 43 year old?
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 10:14:57 AM »
Just watched it . . . and no. She is not hot. She looks kinda like a horse.

JonHook

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 10:32:05 AM »

Hilarious. What a douche.

The movie was ok. Would've been better as a rental. I like the comic better.
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

Dogfish

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 11:54:31 AM »
Just watched it . . . and no. She is not hot. She looks kinda like a horse.

I think Freud would have a lot to say about this relationship, something tells me it wasn't based on how hot she looked and rather how 'mumsy' she appeared to him. I'd remind you guys that this lad was in a film called Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging in which he was kissing several lassies his age who were comparatively several leagues better. However I do think Nero will be fine and if he isn't...well youtube shall deliver.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 10:41:00 PM »
Holy shit! He was in Angus? I had a friend who was in that movie! He played Angus as a kid.

Dogfish

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 06:10:04 AM »
Holy shit! He was in Angus? I had a friend who was in that movie! He played Angus as a kid.

You have friends that can play characters younger than 14? Stop hanging round the school you work at.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 06:41:19 PM »

You have friends that can play characters younger than 14? Stop hanging round the school you work at.

I'm not sure if your comment makes any sense.

Two things I just realized: Since Angus came out in 1995, Aaron Johnson would have been 4 when the movie came out, so I looked up his imdb and he was in a different movie called, "Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging."

Next, my friend was in the Angus from 1995. There.

Confusion averted.

Dogfish

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2010, 06:45:40 PM »
Well I did type out the full title of the film...