Author Topic: Way more exciting than it should be.  (Read 7400 times)

+1 Hat

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
Way more exciting than it should be.
« on: May 12, 2010, 11:29:32 PM »
So, since Verizon was nice enough to give a free phone upgrade to all of us who migrated from Alltel, I decided it was time to jump on this smartphone bidness everyone's so hot about. $70 and one Motorola Devour later, here I am posting to RPPR at work. Like I said, way more exciting than it should be.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
Re: Way more exciting than it should be.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 11:40:40 PM »
Were I in that situation, I would be just as excited...

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 12:57:56 AM »
I have an HTC Hero, upgraded from an HTC Touch Pro, both with sprint, all I have to say, is 3rd shift just got easyer. haha!

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 08:33:31 AM »
Let me warn you about something annoying about smart phones. Because I teach at two different colleges right now (one semester is ending but my summer teaching has already begun), I get approximately 75 emails a day to the three different accounts I have set up. So I've had to turn off all my notifications so that my phone only makes noise if someone is calling me.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

+1 Hat

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 11:39:58 AM »
Let me warn you about something annoying about smart phones. Because I teach at two different colleges right now (one semester is ending but my summer teaching has already begun), I get approximately 75 emails a day to the three different accounts I have set up. So I've had to turn off all my notifications so that my phone only makes noise if someone is calling me.

Fortunately, the Devour has the most unobtrusive-but-noticeable vibe setting  of any phone I've ever had. It's like a marimba bar being struck, only tactile.

Also, in before vibration jokes. 

FuzzyDan

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Official Keeper of The Line.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 07:08:24 PM »

Fortunately, the Devour has the most unobtrusive-but-noticeable vibe setting  of any phone I've ever had. It's like a marimba bar being struck, only tactile.

Also, in before vibration jokes. 

Is that what she said?
- Dan, Adding one to his Darkspiral Aura.