Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 428947 times)

Yoba

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
  • Inspired without a muse
    • View Profile
    • Role Play Rascality
Re: Introduction
« Reply #240 on: January 28, 2011, 05:13:56 PM »
See that was a mysterious introduction, it makes people wonder. People are like "Wow, that was mysterious, it makes me wonder."

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #241 on: January 28, 2011, 05:19:06 PM »

Yoba

• Inspired without a muse
    • View Profile
    • Role Play Rascality
« Reply #242 on: January 28, 2011, 05:21:42 PM »
Ahahahaha, oh god that's funny. I need to learn how to make that expression.

AdriRaven

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 23, 2011, 04:19:04 AM »

Hi there!

I'm AdriRaven, I joined the forums some time ago, but I've been a lurker for awhile in between this niggling nuisance called 'Real Life'.  I found the forums after lucking out on the Actual Play lists.  I've been a gamer for most of my life (the years of it not spent picking my nose, pooing my pants and playing with my Transformers and Star Wars figures), with a love of horror-style games.  Since I've found myself commenting on the Actual Plays, I figured I'd introduce myself and be somewhat more neighborly

...ish.

Omanyte_Jackson

• On a quest for vengance
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 10, 2011, 08:15:55 PM »
Hi i'm Will

Flavor: Minty

I'm an art dude, right now i'm in-between websites, my old work is on my deviant art page. http://will-e-h.deviantart.com/
I've been love'n RPPR. I've been listening for the last couple months and I have listened to pretty much everything.

stay awesome you guys, and Cody, stay classy.

VoodooTwiztid

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 10, 2011, 09:01:16 PM »
Hello & greetings forumites. I'm Chris & I have a crush on Ross' radio voice. I've been listening for a long time. now that you support Tapatalk I decided to sign up since I really only use my phone for the interwebs.

A Digital Native

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 11, 2011, 06:47:49 PM »
Yo.

My last "introduction" wasn't really an introduction. Looking back on it, it kind of looks like a spam post... My bad.

Anyways, I've been playing Dungeons and Dragons on and off since my friend's dad introduced it to us in 1st grade. I found RPPR when I was around 13ish, and have been listening ever since. I love the AP's, man. Those are BAMF.  I've lurked the forums for awhile, and finally decided to join. So, here I am.

joe

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 01, 2011, 11:53:21 PM »
Hello,

I've been lurking here for a bit over a year now and after meeting Ross and Caleb at gencon I've decided to join up.  Been playing tabletop games since I was about nine.  My first game was actually a Ravenloft scenario ran by my brother in which I killed a prisoner for no reason.
      Other games that I have played/am playing:
               All versions of D&D since 2nd ed.
               HERO System
               Deadlands (pre-d20 fuck up)
               oWoD
               nWoD
               Shadowrun
               Earthdawn
       Games I've bought because of RPPR:
                Call of Chtulu
                Eclipse Phase
                Monsters and Other Childish Things (including Road Trip)

Joe

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #248 on: September 02, 2011, 01:44:13 AM »
Were you in any of the RPPR games at gencon this year?

joe

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 03, 2011, 11:35:06 AM »
Unfortunately no.  It was my first gencon and the scheduling system is crap so I didn't get into anything.  When I was listing to gencon wrapup part two I was kicking myself for not trying to show up with generics.  Also I am the guy that showed up as you were packing up your panel and then again at eclipse phase. 

Rawtooth

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 10, 2011, 07:43:19 PM »
I'm Patrick, from Alaska.  I'm friends with Kevin Kircus, which is were I heard about you guys.

I have spent way too much money on Eclipse Phase/Delta Green/MaOCT lately because of RPPR insanity.
Fractals are our friends.

Palladiumaniac

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 27, 2011, 04:20:03 PM »
Hello all,

My name is Kevin, I'm from the Detroit area here in the Wolverine state (Go Blue!).
I'm kinda old..42 going on 43 and have been gaming on and off since the golden age of the early 80's.

I really love the RppR podcasts and finally felt inclined to check out the website.....here...checking.

Anyway I've been a pretty hardcore Call of Cthulhu player and Lovecraftian for the last 20 years but  recently realized I am in a total state of Cthulhu-burnout. The same basic tropes have been done into the ground for me....painfully so. Ugh...it hurts. Please no more shoggoths, no deep ones, no Shubnubs etc.

Sadly, I was actually getting ready to go dormant again as far as gaming and find something else to do. That is until I listened to one of Tom's anti-Palladium rants. Which strangely compelled me to go dig out my old Palladium books.  To my suprise I started reading the crap out of them...yeah I remembered how goofy the system is...but at the same time I remembered how much frikken fun I had playing TMNT, Robotech (all three eras) and PFRPG. My  prostate then released mega doses of creative juice!!!

For all you can say about the system sucking...the settings always were overflowing with fun. Anyway...I recently started up a fresh new group and started playing Nightbane. It was actually kinda a nice change a pace pounding on the supernatural, rather than running away yet again. The battle was actually very hard fought, but the Saturday session was wall to mega-frikken damage wall fun.

Life's too short to slag on everything...I officially quit slagging Palladium.

I've met Kevin Siembieda, yeah I'm sure he's some mad psuedo-genius, control freak, but damn if he aint engaging, entertaining and encouraging. I live 10 minutes away from the Palladium offices and warehouse, so I feel like I am supporting our local homegrown hero. I actually plan on going to their open house in May....which from what I've read are epic.

I'm happy to be here.
Let the juices flow!

PS-I've only played Rifts once. I died...

The Seede of Lovecraft and Siembieda B'mingled...to create the perfect gamer.

Z

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 27, 2011, 04:40:48 PM »
i forgot if i introduced myself already or what

my name is z and i am a shitty guy that makes shitty music using instruments made out of wood. i don't make dubstep and computermusic so i am basically obsolete

also math is cool

and i can write?

idk

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #253 on: September 27, 2011, 05:48:10 PM »
there's nothing wrong with the Palladium settings. If they had usable game mechanics, I'd play them.

Also idk if you can write Z. Have you published anything?

Z

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 28, 2011, 06:34:19 PM »
i will publish a block of wood across your shin bone