Author Topic: Fucking Cognitive Dissonance, How Does It Work?  (Read 14982 times)

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
Fucking Cognitive Dissonance, How Does It Work?
« on: June 20, 2010, 11:12:27 PM »
On June 5th, a gaggle of brave Noisebridgers plastered their skin in face paint and headed to the nearby Insane Clown Posse show to teach science to Juggalos (fans of ICP). Armed with lab coats and poster-boards, these clown scientists were set to explain the science behind butterflies, Faygo, and, of course, motherfucking magnets. By several accounts, the Noisebridge members were actually getting along with the Juggalo crowd as they waited outside of the venue, up until a few members of ICP’s roadcrew came out and said the band was none to happy about anyone trying to teach science to their fans. SFSlim tweeted that the group was physically threatened by ICP’s crew and Violent J, one half of the Insane Clown Posse, even bragged about it on his twitterhole. A clown with no sense of humor… who’d a thunk it?

http://laughingsquid.com/noisebridge-attempts-to-teach-science-to-juggalos-at-insane-clown-posse-show-in-san-francisco/
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

ArtfulShrapnel

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: Fucking Cognitive Dissonance, How Does It Work?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 09:50:51 AM »
It's okay, the magnets probably weren't ripe enough to explain anyways.

Joven

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 10:41:09 AM »
Didn't they come out as evangelical christians awhile ago?  And that their whole act is a facade (even more so then is obvious, they weren't even faking faking what people thought they were faking...layers and layers, ponderous man, fucking ponderous. -
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>
[warning, would involve listening to them])

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 11:12:50 AM »
The only major youth gang (the guns and raping type gang) in the county area where I live is apparently "inspired" by the Insane Clown Posse.

I say this because it's marginally related to the topic and I otherwise have no opinion.

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 11:17:42 AM »
Didn't they come out as evangelical christians awhile ago?  And that their whole act is a facade (even more so then is obvious, they weren't even faking faking what people thought they were faking...layers and layers, ponderous man, fucking ponderous. -
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>
[warning, would involve listening to them])

Layers upon layers is right!

ICP is a rich tapestry of meaning.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 01:58:31 PM »
The only major youth gang (the guns and raping type gang) in the county area where I live is apparently "inspired" by the Insane Clown Posse.

I say this because it's marginally related to the topic and I otherwise have no opinion.

I refuse to believe you

I refuse to believe that a gang would decide that emulating the ICP is in fact, a thing they should do.

I refuse to believe that somewhere in this world, hardened violent criminals actually decided that putting on white face paint as an homage to two fat white guys who rap about horror movies would in fact improve their street cred or do anything but get them laughed at on the street.

I refuse to believe

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 02:18:36 PM »

I refuse to believe you

I refuse to believe that a gang would decide that emulating the ICP is in fact, a thing they should do.

I refuse to believe that somewhere in this world, hardened violent criminals actually decided that putting on white face paint as an homage to two fat white guys who rap about horror movies would in fact improve their street cred or do anything but get them laughed at on the street.

I refuse to believe

Ross knows how the Cognitive-D goes down.

In related news, Cognitive-D is my new rap name.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 02:53:06 PM »
I wouldn't say "harden criminals" so much as asshole kids who're too stupid by half. My fiance worked in the Juvenile Justice Department until recent budget cuts so most of my information is second hand from her.

I'm trying to find a more recent article:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003121207_insaneclowns12m.html

ristarr

• View Profile
    • Underwater Blues
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 04:03:03 PM »
In my experience in dealing with Juggaloes, I found it best to start with some witty comments about their mothers by using face+putdown and if that fails tell them a bunch of drugs spilled out into the street. Works every time. 

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 09:16:01 PM »
I wouldn't say "harden criminals" so much as asshole kids who're too stupid by half. My fiance worked in the Juvenile Justice Department until recent budget cuts so most of my information is second hand from her.

I'm trying to find a more recent article:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003121207_insaneclowns12m.html

Hahaha. Wooooooooo

doctorscraps

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 11:00:20 AM »

I refuse to believe you

I refuse to believe

Would you prefer it if a gang based themselves off those face-paint wearing baseball guys from The Warriors?
When the GM can't roll higher than a ten on the D20, he see's his plot points flash before his eyes.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 01:40:13 PM »

I refuse to believe you

I refuse to believe

Would you prefer it if a gang based themselves off those face-paint wearing baseball guys from The Warriors?

wanna meet that gang

fuck wanna join that gang

Lord Xtheth

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 03:16:04 PM »
What gets to me is that people are taking this so seriously. The very first sentance in the song "Miracles" is "I have a theory, what if everything we knew was magic?"
It's a song promoting using your immagination. Not to mention that it's sang by clowns. I can see some people getting mad that it's promoting ignorance, but complaining about a song about immagination on a roleplaying forum seems a little hypocritical at best.
Would you like to be in a future podcast? Do you feel like playing a variety of RPGs over Skype? PM me for info!
My Blog: http://lifeafterxtheth.blogspot.com/

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 05:09:37 PM »
The Baseball Furies will wreck your shit but me and mine throw in for the Saracens. All-City mother fuckers.

Joven

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 10:42:21 PM »
Eh, the Baseball Furies sucked, better to throw in with The Chief from Where in the World is Carmen San Diego who ran the gang radio station.
She controls the airwaves and runs an international spy agency, information is power.