Author Topic: One of Tom's Characters Come to Life  (Read 22313 times)

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
One of Tom's Characters Come to Life
« on: April 12, 2009, 09:00:36 PM »
Holy shit! I can totally see Tom doing this in game. Oh wait, I have seen Tom do this in game.

Karate expert kills two over lice infection
Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:36pm EDT

MOSCOW (Reuters) - A Russian karate expert has been charged with beating to death a 61-year-old woman and her son, whom he accused of infecting his wife with lice, an investigator said Friday.

The drunk 26-year-old burst into a neighboring room in his hostel Tuesday and used karate moves to kill the pair, state investigator Eduard Abdullin said by telephone from Kazan, a city 700 km (430 miles) east of Moscow.

"He literally beat them to death with his hands and feet," Abdullin said. "The family were poor and drank a lot. He blamed them for infecting his wife and the entire corridor with lice."

The 58-year-old husband of the dead woman was also badly beaten, but survived.

The suspect, who studied karate for seven years, faces life in prison if convicted, Abdullin added.

(Reporting by Conor Humphries)

© Thomson Reuters 2009. All rights reserved. Users may download and print extracts of content from this website for their own personal and non-commercial use only. Republication or redistribution of Thomson Reuters content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Thomson Reuters. Thomson Reuters and its logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Thomson Reuters group of companies around the world.

Thomson Reuters journalists are subject to an Editorial Handbook which requires fair presentation and disclosure of relevant interests.

"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
Re: One of Tom's Characters Come to Life
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 11:10:04 PM »
Some part of me want to draw this but I'll restrain myself.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 11:23:02 PM »
Some part of me want to draw this but I'll restrain myself.

If you want to draw something, I can give you a number of Tom's exploits that you can draw. The beating to death of the shop keeper and woman with a cane that Tom discusses in one of the early episodes is only one such incident in Tom's brutal (beautiful) career.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 11:25:18 PM »
The highlight for me is the campaign where Tom harvested the organs of our dead enemies to sell on the black market...loot the bodies indeed.

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 10:15:25 AM »
I died laughing at the first sentence of the story and then realized I was laughing at a very serious death scene.

I don't feel bad though because Tom would totally do that in game!
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 10:33:26 AM »
The highlight for me is the campaign where Tom harvested the organs of our dead enemies to sell on the black market...loot the bodies indeed.

One of the first CoC games I played with Tom, he made Ross role play a full dissection of a body to look for clues too.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 04:07:38 PM »
I told one of my students about this and he said, "what is his job?"

And I said, "Well, he's Russian so . . . probably being poor."
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 04:13:18 PM »
I told one of my students about this and he said, "what is his job?"

And I said, "Well, he's Russian so . . . probably being poor."

This from a Marxist... Wow.

Tom Church

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 08:22:32 PM »
You know me.  If something seems like a good idea in a game (to me) then I'll just go ahead and do it.  Though, I am particularly proud of the organ harvesting bit.

Hey, the GM sent us out on the mission with a budget of a couple of hundred dollars.  I was a surgeon with the morals and self control of Dr. Mengele after his wife left him.
Consequences (and ethics) be damned.
"The upper class keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class pays all of the taxes and does all of the work.  The poor are there just to scare the shit out of the middle class.  Keep them showing up at those 'jobs'."  George Carlin

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 09:07:52 PM »
And really, think of all the people who you helped with those organs. And statistically, you probably indirectly saved at least once hot chick's life, and really that makes the whole universe a better place.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 06:04:38 AM »
And really, think of all the people who you helped with those organs. And statistically, you probably indirectly saved at least once hot chick's life, and really that makes the whole universe a better place.

Or Made everyone realy realy sick with warmed overed left over organs. Nothing better then room temp organs from a few hours ago after running threw the sewers!

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 06:07:01 AM »
Or Made everyone realy realy sick with warmed overed left over organs. Nothing better then room temp organs from a few hours ago after running threw the sewers!

Not really worst than what they sell you at any fast food joint.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 06:10:02 AM »
MMMmMM Mc Donalds.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 02:12:49 PM »
Another character of Tom's that has come to life has to be the guy who shot another man in the face at a McDonald's at 3a.m. a few weeks ago. The man who was shot survived, so that means that two Tom characters have been brought to life: 1) any person who would shoot another man in the face and 2) someone who can survive being shot in the face.