Author Topic: Cthulhu Mythos Sculpts  (Read 22780 times)

ArtfulShrapnel

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: Cthulhu Mythos Sculpts
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2010, 03:04:23 AM »
...you do it so quickly...

I have to give credit for both detail and speed to Zbrush. They have made an incredibly powerful and intuitive piece of software. I don't think I could even work this fast with actual clay.

And thanks! :) I'm likely going to be doing a series of humanoid miniatures in the next week. Looks like making this series has paid off already, and I haven't even sold a mini yet.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2010, 09:10:46 AM »

Interdimensional Fun: Daoloth, Hounds of Tindalos, Dimensional Shamblers, Not sure what to use as pawns

Byakhee

I thought they more just flew about in space and served Nyarlethotep? Or was it someone else the served...

The Byakhee often serve Hastur  the Unnameable. Since the beings are made of ordinary matter, they can be injured by normal weapons such as firearms. Byakhee can fly through space and can carry a rider, though the rider needs protection from the vacuum and cold by suitable spells or potions. Byakhee live in interstellar space but may be summoned to Earth to perform tasks or to serve as steeds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byakhee
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

ArtfulShrapnel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2010, 02:09:40 PM »

The Byakhee often serve Hastur  the Unnameable. Since the beings are made of ordinary matter, they can be injured by normal weapons such as firearms. Byakhee can fly through space and can carry a rider, though the rider needs protection from the vacuum and cold by suitable spells or potions. Byakhee live in interstellar space but may be summoned to Earth to perform tasks or to serve as steeds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byakhee

Ah, then I'd probably throw them in the Carcosa set too. The book was kinda a lame filler choice anyways. I'm guessing they'd be Knights. (Always popping in unexpectedly from above, and flying over other things)

EDIT: I'm making a more organized list for various sets.
Anyone who wants to help, just follow the link to an editable google doc.
https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1UV5AtAVM1DIWtod01dQr8EImPNTqNSU4_WHKOwd1IxA&hl=en&authkey=COafns8C
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 03:27:21 PM by ArtfulShrapnel »

iceemaker

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Medium Aberrant Humanoid (Gamer)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 12:00:03 AM »
Made my additions to the document.

Oh, yeah, I just remembered, I saw a flyer you posted over at War Dog's here in Jacksonville (it's closed now, but whatever). Did you ever get your WH40k minis back?
My avatar is Jade Harley from Homestuck. You really should be reading it.

ArtfulShrapnel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2010, 12:54:05 PM »
Made my additions to the document.

Oh, yeah, I just remembered, I saw a flyer you posted over at War Dog's here in Jacksonville (it's closed now, but whatever). Did you ever get your WH40k minis back?

Wow, those made it all the way to Jacksonville? I'll have to thank Steve Fields, he canvassed the state in those fuckers.

No, I never did get my army back. Our best guess at this point is they got nabbed because they were in my car in a soft-case, and looked valuable. Maybe the thief assumed they were camera equipment or computer stuff. I'm thinking they probably ditched them in a dumpster once they realized what they'd taken.

Is a shame too, I never really recovered my energy for working on warhammer stuff. I'd put a lot of time into those plague marines.

ArtfulShrapnel

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 05:10:04 AM »
By the powers of Threadomancy, I resurrect thee! Zbrush updated, and lovecraftian horrors are a great way to practice. :)

Added a new one to the set, A Cthonian. This guy is a huge mofo. 80mm tall x 120mm long on the table. (He can and will eat 1d4 adventurers per round. I'm pretty sure you could balance a couple guys in his tentacles too).

In related/exciting news, Shapeways will be dropping their minimum order policy shortly! (This is bittersweet news, as they will also be adding reasonable shipping charges. Really not much change on stuff like this, but I think it will be slightly raising the price of individual minis)

Any requests for the near future?