Author Topic: RPPR reviews on iTunes  (Read 47114 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
RPPR reviews on iTunes
« on: April 14, 2009, 01:38:49 AM »
We just got our first negative review (1 star) on iTunes. Why? Profanity from the new world campaign actual play, that's why. As a result, I have the default tag as explicit for all future podcasts as even our episodes do seem to be R rated these days. Also, I don't want to see any flames for the person who gave the review. It's an opinion and certainly valid. Not every wants to hear it and that's fine. If you don't like profanity, you wouldn't like the actual play. If you want to do something about the negative review, give a positive review on iTunes instead.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: RPPR reviews on iTunes
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 01:46:17 AM »
Did they say which profanity set them off? Because it'd be helpful to narrow it down, it's a board category with gamers.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 02:15:47 AM »
the reviewer just said the new world actual play so I imagine the first few minutes of ANY of them could put off someone.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 09:34:09 AM »
the reviewer just said the new world actual play so I imagine the first few minutes of ANY of them could put off someone.

I don't see fucking why.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 11:54:23 AM »
im supprised in you guys I did not know you used sware words I thought this was a higher quality of people in here! With all the claims of not only collage grads but english Majors!

codered

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Don't Hate!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 12:19:32 PM »
   Really A gamer who Dislikes profanity now that person must be conflicted or maybe he just let his kid listen to show him or her how the game works or something

o well the profanity makes it real and not scripted I like it that way so keep it up guys

But all in all sorry for the bad review If I used i-tunes I would make a review but i don't
Kenders Rock

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 12:41:17 PM »
iTunes is free. Just saying.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 01:01:49 PM »
Yes, but when we say we're cheap, we also mean we're lazy. And writing reviews sounds alot like work.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 01:05:00 PM by Tadanori Oyama »

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 02:36:08 PM »
We just got our first negative review (1 star) on iTunes. Why? Profanity from the new world campaign actual play, that's why. As a result, I have the default tag as explicit for all future podcasts as even our episodes do seem to be R rated these days. Also, I don't want to see any flames for the person who gave the review. It's an opinion and certainly valid. Not every wants to hear it and that's fine. If you don't like profanity, you wouldn't like the actual play. If you want to do something about the negative review, give a positive review on iTunes instead.

Are you specifically addressing me on this one?
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 02:55:28 PM »

Nah, there was a lot of cursing going on at Ross's gaming table long before you started playing.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 02:58:36 PM »
More conventional cursing perhaps, but also more boring cursing.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 03:04:40 PM »
More conventional cursing perhaps, but also more boring cursing.

True. But we all can't 4chanrific. ;)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 03:53:07 PM »

No. I just assumed that if I just mentioned the negative review, everyone would insult the reviewer.

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 05:12:27 PM »
No. I just assumed that if I just mentioned the negative review, everyone would insult the reviewer.

Right-o, let's take pictures of his house and stuff.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 05:21:51 PM »

Right-o, let's take pictures of his house and stuff.

>:(