Author Topic: What Vidja games are you playing?  (Read 996193 times)

Teuthic

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • of the Bleak Cabal
    • View Profile
Re: What Vidja games are you playing?
« Reply #810 on: December 16, 2012, 10:04:54 PM »
So I just got Fez; it's tons of fun, and also incredibly pretty. Some of the puzzles are ridiculously hard, which makes it all the better for someone like me.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #811 on: December 16, 2012, 10:32:56 PM »
Nice, I just bought The Secret World as well, but I got it from Amazon for $15. Still downloading it since it's a hefty 15 gigs, but I really want to play it.

Supposedly it takes a lot of influence from the Cthulhu Mythos, and there might even be a mission where you fight Cthulhu himself!

Not a steam compatible version I see. I'll wait for the Steam Xmas sale.

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: December 17, 2012, 12:41:04 AM »
Nice, I just bought The Secret World as well, but I got it from Amazon for $15. Still downloading it since it's a hefty 15 gigs, but I really want to play it.

Supposedly it takes a lot of influence from the Cthulhu Mythos, and there might even be a mission where you fight Cthulhu himself!

Not a steam compatible version I see. I'll wait for the Steam Xmas sale.

True. Then again, like most MMOs, you launch it from a separate client. I bought it off Amazon, it gave me a key which I used to register an account, and downloaded the client from the Funcom website.

It doesn't really have Steam achievements or anything of the sort, so it's not like you'd be missing much by buying it from Amazon.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: December 19, 2012, 12:44:57 AM »
You should be able to add it to steam on the bottom left it will say add game key, enter the game key and it should add the game to your steam library,  thats how I did my newest version of bloodbowl.

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: December 19, 2012, 01:54:34 AM »
Friend bought me Guild Wars 2 for Christmas. I like it. Although I'm having trouble with  the more action oriented MMO. It requires you to dodge and stick and move or set up traps to win most fights.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Dom

• View Profile
« Reply #815 on: December 19, 2012, 08:46:35 AM »
You should be able to add it to steam on the bottom left it will say add game key, enter the game key and it should add the game to your steam library,  thats how I did my newest version of bloodbowl.

Unfortunately no, that was the first thing I tried when I got the game key. It cannot be registered through Steam.

Been playing some more The Secret World, I've probably invested five hours into it and I'm still in the first area. There is a lot of quests and content packed into the game, and I absolutely love investigation missions since they actually require you to think and solve puzzles.

Illuminati ftw!

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #816 on: December 19, 2012, 10:12:37 AM »
Damn figured that would work! I did the 7 day trail back in Aug, but didn't have the money to fork over 15 bucks a month. The investigation missions are fun! there's one where you have to learn mores code!!! I bought it off steam today due to the amazon sale being over  >:( Anyways. What server you playing on.

Dom

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: December 19, 2012, 11:37:09 AM »
Damn figured that would work! I did the 7 day trail back in Aug, but didn't have the money to fork over 15 bucks a month. The investigation missions are fun! there's one where you have to learn mores code!!! I bought it off steam today due to the amazon sale being over  >:( Anyways. What server you playing on.

The default one (Daemon, I think is the name.) I'm playing as Illuminati, specializing on assault rifles and soon blood magic, to both heal and do some damage.

I heard it's possible to switch around servers if you have someone on your friend's list on another server, but haven't tried that out yet.

Mckma

• Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: December 19, 2012, 04:56:21 PM »
Humble Indie Bundle 7 is out: https://www.humblebundle.com/

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 19, 2012, 05:10:18 PM »

The default one (Daemon, I think is the name.) I'm playing as Illuminati, specializing on assault rifles and soon blood magic, to both heal and do some damage.

I heard it's possible to switch around servers if you have someone on your friend's list on another server, but haven't tried that out yet.

Ah yeah I see that, I forgot all about it, basically outside of PvP your home server don't matter. you can only PvP on your home server, since the way they have it set up of 75v75. haha! well anyways my name is Boyos, Ive finished all of Kings *cough* innsmouth *cough* Kingsmonth starting zone already, but if you need help let me know. I'm Illuminati also! playing on the Arcadia server.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 05:13:50 PM by Boyos »

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #820 on: December 19, 2012, 06:00:29 PM »
Humble Indie Bundle 7 is out: https://www.humblebundle.com/

Bought for 10. Get that average up you PC assholes!

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 19, 2012, 06:59:47 PM »
I already have Dungeon Defenders but not all of the DLC. I'm gonna pick up this bundle but can anyone who already purchased it already tell me, Do you get codes for each of the DLC's seperately? If so I can gift the Copy of Dungeon Defenders to someone and keep the DLC to myself.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Mckma

• Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 20, 2012, 12:50:53 AM »
I already have Dungeon Defenders but not all of the DLC. I'm gonna pick up this bundle but can anyone who already purchased it already tell me, Do you get codes for each of the DLC's seperately? If so I can gift the Copy of Dungeon Defenders to someone and keep the DLC to myself.

Nah, you get a single code for the game and the DLC.  But each game has a separate code this time (usually it's one for the bundle).  Technically you aren't supposed to gift part of the package away (you either buy it for yourself or a gift), but they don't have any way of checking.  But again, it's pay what you want, so quite frankly, just get a friend the bundle too... :P

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 21, 2012, 11:40:54 AM »
mmmm, Fish and Chips...

Review Cultist

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 22, 2012, 02:13:40 PM »
What game is that from?