Author Topic: What Vidja games are you playing?  (Read 996293 times)

Jacko

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Hrrrrrmmmmmm.
    • View Profile
Re: What Vidja games are you playing?
« Reply #990 on: August 09, 2013, 01:00:07 AM »
Anyone else pick up Payday 2?  I feel like it'd be a great game for Raillery if only for the 'GET TO THE CHOPPER/VAN' moments.

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #991 on: August 09, 2013, 07:05:45 AM »
SHIELD!!

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 22, 2013, 09:13:46 PM »
Anyone else pick up Payday 2?  I feel like it'd be a great game for Raillery if only for the 'GET TO THE CHOPPER/VAN' moments.

I wanna get it but need people to play with. I don't wanna pug it lol!

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
  • I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 23, 2013, 05:44:57 PM »

I have it. Just made it to a level 30 mastermind. There are few gaming thrills I've had as tense as the ONLY time I managed to do a job without firing a shot. Friend me as Cthuluzord.

Jacko

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Hrrrrrmmmmmm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 24, 2013, 02:45:04 AM »
Not firing a shot isn't really my forte but I'm down!  Level 32 mostly-Enforcer, if you need someone to shotgun-murder absolutely everyone, I'm your man.

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 25, 2013, 02:18:58 PM »
Anyone checked out the humble bundle?
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 26, 2013, 07:04:54 AM »

I have it. Just made it to a level 30 mastermind. There are few gaming thrills I've had as tense as the ONLY time I managed to do a job without firing a shot. Friend me as Cthuluzord.

Mmmmm might get the game next weekend then. 

crash2455

• #1 Brovine
    • View Profile
    • The Drunk and the Ugly
« Reply #997 on: August 26, 2013, 10:34:17 AM »
DIVEKICK

Having a stupid amount of fun losing online at this game constantly.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 26, 2013, 11:58:21 AM »
The Orgin Humble Bundle is pretty damn strong.

$5 for like 6 Triple A titles.

Check it out the games offered might not be for everyone but I've liked it so far.

Joven

• View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 27, 2013, 11:33:03 AM »
Got the Origin Bundle just for Burnout Paradise even though I already played it to 101% on the 360 (which I activated in Steam, and don't intend on using Origin), the other games I'm pretty meh about, no point in playing Dead Space 3 since Ross and Caleb did it for me (I am rewatching those though.)

Went back and 100%'ed Jak and Daxter, then played Daxter for the PSP (which is really good, except for the mini-games), watched a Let's Play of Jak 2 because it sucks, and finished Jak 3 (which was a lot better than Jak 2, but not as good as the first, since the gunplay and vehicle stuff was pretty bad, and didn't care at all for the story.)

Then got the Ratchet and Clank HD collection, the HD conversion wasn't as good as the Jak and Daxter collection (frame rate issues, mostly in the first game.) The second game really stood out as the best of them, the first was really good when I was playing it the first time but when I went back after playing the 2nd one the lack of aiming really made it feel not good [had the same kind of "locks on to whatever enemy it decides to" mechanic the shooting in Jak 2 and 3 does.]  The 3rd game was good, had good mini games, but didn't like the interface, or the way some worlds just had several missions in a menu for half of it, story was OK, but overall not as good as the 1st or 2nd.

And finally getting around to playing a game on my new PC that isn't in an emulator, and got Saints Row IV. 1080p at ultra settings runs almost solid 60fps with vsync (only drops to ~55 when in a ufo flying high enough that most the city is in view), but somehow still doesnt seem smooth. So far I'm liking it, my japanese-french girl is totally anime now complete with cat backpack, hipster glasses, pleated mini skirt, pirate boots, and prodigious leaping powers with glowy sentai dash. Haven't really done many missions, just been going around doing stuff.  Mechanics seem to be solid enough, I would say though that there's just way too damn many data clusters to collect (I even really like collecting stuff, but its not like they're hidden or difficult to reach, theres just a seemingly endless amount of them, after you've collected 200 of a thing they shouldn't still be so plentiful that going to any given street shows 10 of them sitting on top of buildings, just getting a bit tedious. They should have just made them harder to get/find and made powers cheaper.)  Also, kind of annoying they litter the map with co-op missions in single player.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:35:37 AM by Joven »

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: August 28, 2013, 07:31:44 PM »
Was playing Dead Island with a buddy and saw in the bar areas of the game that they have "Carcasa Beer" on tap. Now I assume that it's a play on the whole "Dead" motif of this game, you know being a zombie game. But, the first time we saw it, we were like "HOLY SHIT! WE'RE IN CARCOSA!!! ... that explains alot actually."  Admittedly, this game would have one me over a little more had they gone that route.
Liquid Water?

Joven

• View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: September 04, 2013, 12:41:46 AM »
Oh good, Diablo 3 for the consoles doesnt require a freaking internet connection and cause you to die of lag in single player, so now I can finally play it (owned the PC version since it came out, and still havent got to play it more than 2 hours)...except so far its kind of a parade of crap.

Graphics are lousy, controls seem to work ok, but the interface is pretty crappy. Also, theres a new dodge/evade function, great! that means you can dodge/evade attacks? Nope, not in the slightest, enemies can still hit you from yards away even with melee attacks.

So I guess, I just won't play Diablo 3 afterall, but luckily unlike the PC version I could never play anyway, Im not stuck with this one.

BenignSpy

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: September 17, 2013, 02:43:51 PM »
I'm flogging myself to Misery 2.0 a mod for Stalker Call of Pripyat. It basically does to Stalker what New Vegas did to Fallout 3. The game also takes on more of a survival RPG than FPS RPG now too.

Also, Saints Row IV
Who Dares, Wins

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #1003 on: September 17, 2013, 04:32:08 PM »
Just beat Outlast. It was pretty fun and I recommend it if you dig scary as hell games like Amnesia.

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: September 18, 2013, 01:48:25 PM »
I'm looking foreword to playing GTA V but I am pretty resolved to wait for the PC version. Whenever that may be.