Author Topic: Dark Sun Campaign  (Read 80526 times)

nbneil

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NerdBound
Dark Sun Campaign
« on: September 06, 2010, 09:24:10 PM »
Damn you Ross.  I just listened to the new episode and we were also planning on running a Dark Sun campaign with the potential for rotating DMs.  I swear it was totally independent of your idea (Jason is even running rather than me to start).  It does scare me that our groups came up with the same thing at the same time.  Freaky. 

Anyway, Tondi on the NerdBound forums is also starting a new idea as well.  Players can sign up for Skype one-shots that will help build out an overall world depending on the decisions they make and how successful they are.  I'm pretty booked up right now, but I'd love to listen to some episodes if people get them together.

Check it out at http://www.dndsmash.com
Check out the NerdBound podcast on iTunes or at NerdBound
Follow me on Twitter @nbneil

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Dark Sun Campaign
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 10:11:10 PM »
I'll post the first DS game this week

Charlie72

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 10:56:17 PM »
What about the rest of the new world and Cody's new world gaiden games and the Slender man game and the rest of the gencon games and all that other shit you need to post?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 11:01:52 PM »
What about the rest of the new world and Cody's new world gaiden games and the Slender man game and the rest of the gencon games and all that other shit you need to post?

NEVER

:D

Charlie72

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 12:11:10 AM »

NEVER

:D
I said it before and I'll say it again, you could get cought up quickly if you just posted two a week (one new world and one something else).

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 01:06:39 AM »
But if Ross gets caught up, then we lose the novelty of all the players talking about things in the past!

They're like time capsules!

Filled with obscenities. Beautiful, beautiful obscenities.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 01:10:44 AM »
I actually really like the pacing.  I barely keep up as it is.

I would fall so far behind and then when people talk on the forums I would be completely lost and feel cold isolation which would remove the last of my insanity and I would be lost wandering the interwebs for all eternity muttering incoherent sentence fragments...

That or I would just have a backlog of podcasts...

beowuuf

• View Profile
    • DM.com - forums dedicated to a 25 year old PC game.
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 01:40:20 AM »

I, for one, appreciate the completely free content and have no wish to stress any bandwidth more than necessary with more shows! Plus, you know, I never want to see the situation where we're caught up and so have to wait until they actually play a few games for new content. This way we have anticipation and thigns to look forward to.

If anyone needs more podcasts, go and listen to the community APs of such wonderful people as mckma, ristarr and jonhook damn you! Although they scare me sometimes with their timely references to real world events that just happened. :p

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 02:02:20 AM »
I actually really like the pacing.  I barely keep up as it is.

I would fall so far behind and then when people talk on the forums I would be completely lost and feel cold isolation which would remove the last of my insanity and I would be lost wandering the interwebs for all eternity muttering incoherent sentence fragments...

That or I would just have a backlog of podcasts...

yeah I figure the silent majority of listeners are like this.  I love all you hardcore AP fans, but for every one of you, there are many people who probably don't even keep up with 1 AP a week.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 02:03:49 AM »
Fucking silent majority! Can't wait to actually hear Aaron in the game, even though I know its going to drive me nuts.

BeyondSandrock

• Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 02:55:20 AM »
Eh, not to spoil anything, but I'm not particularly proud of my performance in the Dark Sun campaign so far.  Playing a Lawful Good alignment has been somewhat tricky two games in.
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

beowuuf

• View Profile
    • DM.com - forums dedicated to a 25 year old PC game.
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 03:05:18 AM »

I know it's not explicitly in 4th edition anymore, but Lawful Evil thinking it's Lawful Good seems a much better proposition!

Charlie72

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 10:57:10 AM »
Maybe we should make a poll to see what should go up and how often.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 12:03:16 PM »
Eh, not to spoil anything, but I'm not particularly proud of my performance in the Dark Sun campaign so far.  Playing a Lawful Good alignment has been somewhat tricky two games in.

So tell me, why "lawful good" instead of just "good"? Is your character particularly in favor of an ordered society?

nbneil

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 03:12:52 PM »
I could never keep up with two episodes a week. Then I'd be way behind and get discouraged. If you do release more, I'd do my best.

I posted our run of the Dark Sun Worldwide Game Day adventure this week. If you want to hear how NOT to encourage someone to DM ever again the first time they try it, then give it a listen. What did Jason think would happen anyway?
Check out the NerdBound podcast on iTunes or at NerdBound
Follow me on Twitter @nbneil