Author Topic: Working on a campagin idea  (Read 18545 times)

Snake-Eyes

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • Illusive Comics & Games
Re: Working on a campagin idea
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 01:46:38 PM »
So, I thought of a cool idea to totally mess with my players. We're about to finish the Night Floors (tonight is part 4). So, once they finish that, we're going to hop into the walking dead story. How i'm going to mess with them is that when they all die. We'll automaticly switch back to DG, where they wake up back on the night floors. I'm thinking that would be a D20 san loss.
You've been sucked out of the airlock into the black. Roll all the dice on the table for damage.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 03:18:57 PM »
That sounds like it could be fun.  I think as long as you are careful to not just arbitrarily kill them at some point...

Snake-Eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 03:34:50 PM »
Yeah I wouldn't just kill them off because I got bored or something. Only issue I got now is what happens if someone dies before the rest of the group.
You've been sucked out of the airlock into the black. Roll all the dice on the table for damage.

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 03:42:12 PM »
If that happens, they suffer an additional 1d10 san loss for having died, but this is of course not revealed until the party is dead and make their d20 rolls. Replace them but each premature death incurs a 1d10 extra loss. :D
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

Snake-Eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 05:07:14 PM »
Oh man that's just mean. I like it  ;D

Snake-Eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2011, 09:21:08 AM »
Hey Ross. I need your zombie knowledge. Got any suggestions of what kind of zombie I should have in my game. I'm unsure if I want the classic slow moving ones or something more of the recent stlye that can ran, climb, etc. I was thinking of doing something like depending on condition of the zomibe would determine on what it can do.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 01:19:41 PM by Snake-Eyes »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011, 01:25:59 PM »
Hey Ross. I need your zombie knowledge. Got any suggestions of what kind of zombie I should have in my game. I'm unsure if I want the classic slow moving ones or something more of the recent stlye that can ran, climb, etc. I was thinking of doing something like depending on condition of the zomibe would determine on what it can do.

If you want to be a real monster, throw intelligent zombies at them ala Return of the Living Dead. They're still feral but can talk and use logic to solve problems. You could also mix it up by having mostly common zombies but a few smart ones every once in a while that can either control the dumb ones or have some other kind of ability - super strength or speed for example. Each smart zombie could be a miniboss.

Snake-Eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011, 03:16:30 PM »
Much like yourself I am a monster so I may just do that. I'm also surprised that you didn't just tell me to buy your book  ;D

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2011, 04:02:51 PM »
Much like yourself I am a monster so I may just do that. I'm also surprised that you didn't just tell me to buy your book  ;D

WHY HAVEN'T YOU ALREADY BOUGHT MY BOOK

Snake-Eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2011, 04:56:50 PM »
Fine i'll tell my wife to carry some in the shop. So there  :P

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011, 07:32:23 PM »
Fine i'll tell my wife to carry some in the shop. So there  :P

what shop

Who does she use for distribution?

Right now, ZOTW is only distributed by myself and Partners. They have some in stock or you can email zombie.studies@gmail.com to buy wholesale from me.

Snake-Eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2011, 08:41:49 PM »
The shop is Illusive comics and games (add shameless plug here). The comics is done though Diamond (like there's a choice). I think Baker and Taylor is her normal book distribution. If she likes what she see's (and how could she not) then she'll want to know more. Like pricing and what not.

Snake-Eyes

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 09:59:12 AM »
Sorry to say I got not so good news for you Ross.  :(

She likes what she see's from your website but she is unsure about carrying it in the shop. Seems that zombie stuff has been slowing down for us lately and our customers are hesitant to buy a book from to unknown publisher. Her suggestion is to get picked up by a publisher, she used to publish comics and knows a lot of people who publish, so she knows what she's talking about.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 02:30:03 PM »
Well, it's already published. It needs better distribution and marketing, that's the challenge. 

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2011, 02:20:47 AM »
Sorry to say I got not so good news for you Ross.  :(

She likes what she see's from your website but she is unsure about carrying it in the shop. Seems that zombie stuff has been slowing down for us lately and our customers are hesitant to buy a book from to unknown publisher. Her suggestion is to get picked up by a publisher, she used to publish comics and knows a lot of people who publish, so she knows what she's talking about.

People actually check who wrote and published things before they read them?!? I've never heard of such a thing!

No honestly the closest i've ever come to doing that is buying an ongoing book series...

Although I agree with the Zombie stuff starting to slow down, we are hitting a vampire streak since Twilight's new movie is coming out soon, although I still maintain that movie is about mystical blood faeries.

Remember kids:
If it broods, drinks blood and bursts into flame in sunlight it's a vampire.

If it lives in the forest comes into town to seduce normal people and sparkles in direct sunlight it is a fey creature.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.