Author Topic: New world campaign  (Read 246023 times)

iceemaker

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Medium Aberrant Humanoid (Gamer)
    • View Profile
Re: New world campaign
« Reply #135 on: June 08, 2010, 10:47:29 AM »
On the subject of no Watcher at the dinner party - I'm sure this has been exhaustively covered...

Is Mike still playing with you guys? I notice the RPPR Crew tends to refer to him in the past tense, but I haven't seen any definitive statements. He seems to be quite the catalyst for conflict at the table.
My avatar is Jade Harley from Homestuck. You really should be reading it.

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #136 on: June 08, 2010, 11:27:36 AM »
Mike is no longer with us. He started working a lot more so we never see him. I think Ross has posted his last game with us (either 24 or 25) and then *poof* he was gone.

Like  Keyser Soze.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #137 on: June 08, 2010, 11:43:33 AM »
Actually a fairly fitting time to vanish, given the events of that game (which Cody wasn't there for). It kind of illustrated the points people have brought up about Mike. Tom was great in that game.

"There's a scream in the distance."
"We need to stay calm."
"Another scream."
"I'll address the crowd."
"Hut on fire."
"Son of a bitch!"

Patrick

• No federal minimum wage for kobolds!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 08, 2010, 09:48:06 PM »
Can't say that I'm sad to see Mike go.

I mean, come on, he played a fucking psychotic, transsexual, boyfriend-murdering college student... and not very convincingly I might add!

Via con Dios Mike... or to say it another way: Happy trails and yippe-kiyay muuUUUUdddaaafuUUUckkKKaa...
[Resistance Is Futile... Have A Great Day!]

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 08, 2010, 09:51:05 PM »
Can't say that I'm sad to see Mike go.

I mean, come on, he played a fucking psychotic, transsexual, boyfriend-murdering college student... and not very convincingly I might add!

Via con Dios Mike... or to say it another way: Happy trails and yippe-kiyay muuUUUUdddaaafuUUUckkKKaa...

You guys only know half of that game session. At some point, I will tell you what happened after Ross stopped recording. Or, rather, I'll get Cody to tell it because I left midway through Mike's post-game story because I was so disgusted I had to leave the room.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2010, 09:54:26 PM »
Yes Seth, yeeesssssssssssss!

This should be gooooooooooooodddd!

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2010, 09:56:51 PM »
Yes Seth, yeeesssssssssssss!

This should be gooooooooooooodddd!

I'm trying to get Cody to do it because the thought of me having to tell it makes me want to take a shower.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2010, 10:00:59 PM »
Does anything make Cody wanna take a shower?

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2010, 10:01:29 PM »
Does anything make Cody wanna take a shower?

No, which is why he can tell it.

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2010, 10:24:46 PM »
I wish I could write out the whole story, but it's too long and involved to tell accurately. Also, I have to talk in the Mike voice to really get across the majesty of it all.

Some how or another, Mike got to talking about the biggest day of his life. A day that Locke could only dream of. The day . . . that Mike had sex with five girls . . . at five different times.

Apparently, he had sex with a girl at a party at 2a.m. or something. Then, he had sex with an ex-girlfriend before he went to class, had sex with another girl from his class, then had sex with a girl he met IN THE LIBRARY (!!!!) and then he told us, "And I don't remember who the last girl was." Eventually, he remembered, and it was another ex or something.

The line that got me was, "it was like the perfect storm . . . " Best. Line. Ever.

What got me about it all was how long the story took. I'm not even joking when I say that it was AT LEAST an hour long. That is absolutely not an exaggeration. At first, it was hilarious and an awesome story, but then it just got so tedious that it was driving me nuts.

Still, the man knows how to tell a story. It was entertaining if you're into the myth of Mike, and I am so I thought it was cool as hell even if it isn't true.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

FuzzyDan

• Official Keeper of The Line.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2010, 10:29:28 PM »
- Dan, Adding one to his Darkspiral Aura.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2010, 10:50:10 PM »
The Mike Mythos.

That wasn't so bad, besides the fact that Mike may be the most full of shit guy I have ever heard.

I thought it was gonna be worse.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2010, 10:59:10 PM »
My Mike Story:

My brother is home for the Christmas holidays. He and one of his friends head out downtown. Later I go downtown with Jason, Mike and Brian (guest player who played Bright Eyes). We meet up and talk. Strader (my brother) is quite surprised that Mike plays D&D - Mike is handsome, athletic and doesn't talk or act like a stereotypical D&D nerd.

But after talking with Mike for a while and listening to his bragging of his sexual prowess for a while, we all part ways. I got home with Strader. He tells me that he understands why Mike is a D&D player - he is already living in a fantasy world.

THUS ENDS MY MIKE STORY

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2010, 11:00:55 PM »
Ahhhhh Mike; a man of many duplicities...

Mckma

• Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 08, 2010, 11:21:20 PM »
I don't know why, but for some reason after reading that story from Ross I feel this desire to have side by side pictures of all the players along next to the art (that I believe Ean did for the various PDFs)...