Author Topic: Just in time for the holidays...  (Read 4416 times)

Chibi Jae

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Just in time for the holidays...
« on: December 01, 2009, 04:42:18 PM »
Every year I run a one shot around the holidays and this year I was thinking about running a CoC scenario set in Roman Empire occupied Judea circa 6 CE. The group will be sent to investigate a mysterious birth in Bethlehem and then general shenanigans ensue.

I've played CoC before, but never run it, so I am looking forward to that aspect, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or thoughts on what all to incorporate in the game, or if there is a scenario out there that I can modify to fit the setting. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Just in time for the holidays...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 08:06:50 PM »
There's a series of CoC adventure books called "Blood Brothers" - they are themed as B-movies - more comedic and filled with action than standard CoC adventures. If you have time, get one of those books to get some ideas on running that type of game.

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 02:07:12 PM »
You could always just totally transform the standard "Haunting" incl in the book to be a different kind of haunted house, make the hooking of the players really interesting, they could find the house, it could be a drunken roman dare, maybe they need to put down suspected rebel activity, runaway slave/wife/child, subversive religious group, w/e

And it would be easy to stash clues to further mystery in the house or the ruin (in the 1920s setting its an old church i think). Put random crap in the basement(ghouls, a horror from beyond, a mythos tome) have it open into the catacombs, freaky frescoes, a ghost.

I dunno, you're just making me want to run that game. :P
Good luck, its a lot of fun!
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 03:45:07 PM »
Oh yeah, there's a Roman era CoC supplement called Cthulhu Invictus http://catalog.chaosium.com/product_info.php?products_id=3746

Chibi Jae

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 03:50:35 PM »
Massive amounts of thanks for all the suggestions, (however I can feel my wallet beginning to cry as I add more items to my cart.)