Author Topic: Dr. Who Idolization Thread  (Read 79379 times)

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
Re: Dr. Who Idolization Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2011, 01:43:33 AM »
WHO IN THE FUCK IS THAT LITTLE GIRL!

[SPOILER]YOU CAN'T JUST START THROWING IN PEOPLE WHO CAN REGENERATE AND NOT GIVE ME MORE INFO DAMMIT![/SPOILER]

[spoiler]At first I thought it was supposed to be presumed to be the "daughter" that Amy thought she was pregnant with but then thought she wasn't.  I mean wasn't that her in the pictures at the orphanage?  But I guess it doesn't actually make that much sense as I think she was the same girl as the one in the astronaut suit.[/spoiler]

BeyondSandrock

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2011, 06:07:53 AM »
[spoiler]There is some speculation that the girl may be Romana. Though I'm thinking that msy be a giant red herring, especially given Moffats' reluctance to bring back older villians/and or heros[/spoiler]
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

Arje

• Play by Post Dude. Malcontent.
  • Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2011, 10:25:32 AM »
[spoiler]I think it's a Silence/Time Lord Hyrbid. Maybe with some Pond thrown in for spice. I think it's purpose is sinister. I also think that the good man that River kills is: Rory. That's the only thing that feels grand enough in scope. And the only reason that River might stay in prison.[/spoiler]
My new goal in life is to play D&D with Judi Dench

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2011, 12:45:04 AM »
[spoiler]I think it's a Silence/Time Lord Hyrbid. Maybe with some Pond thrown in for spice. I think it's purpose is sinister. I also think that the good man that River kills is: Rory. That's the only thing that feels grand enough in scope. And the only reason that River might stay in prison.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]well clearly it can't be the doctor since it would be poor story telling to go with such an obvious choice[/spoiler]
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2011, 01:43:40 AM »

[spoiler]well clearly it can't be the doctor since it would be poor story telling to go with such an obvious choice[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Not to mention we've seen his death already.  I mean I suppose they could go with some crazy time-travel/alternate reality theory, but that would be worse than having River kill the doctor in the first place...

In all honesty though, I'm not sure they would wrap up the River plot super soon, so Rory might not even be around when they do...[/spoiler]

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2011, 08:16:56 PM »

[spoiler]Not to mention we've seen his death already.  I mean I suppose they could go with some crazy time-travel/alternate reality theory, but that would be worse than having River kill the doctor in the first place...

In all honesty though, I'm not sure they would wrap up the River plot super soon, so Rory might not even be around when they do...[/spoiler]

[spoiler] sure we saw it but, we didnt see who was in the suit for sure, it easily could have been river.[/spoiler]

But that would be dumb...

also, how long is the common courtesy of "spoiler" tags necessary? When do we all just say screw it and whatnot?

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2011, 11:30:50 PM »
Why is it getting so complicated?  It's almost getting into Lost territory with the number of unanswered questions...

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2011, 12:56:24 AM »
Just watched ep 7.

I hate River even more now.

I'm glad I know how that bitch dies.

BeyondSandrock

• Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2011, 01:41:09 AM »
Why is it getting so complicated?  It's almost getting into Lost territory with the number of unanswered questions...

Because Grand Moff Stephen is now the showrunner, so everything major plot must have at least five thousand steps for it to become clear.  I actually liked this episode a lot and thought the execution overall was rather brilliant.  But it did bring up one question though:

[spoiler]Does anybody else find The Doctors and Rivers relationship vaguely creepy now that it's been revealed that she's Amy's and Rory's daughter?[/spoiler]
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

Joven

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2011, 05:30:54 PM »
Just watched ep 7.

I didn't even think it was possible for me to hate her more, and yet, now I do. What was so compelling about her character that they felt the need to cram her in and exponentially elevate her importance with each appearance.

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2011, 10:48:16 PM »
Just watched ep 7.

I didn't even think it was possible for me to hate her more, and yet, now I do. What was so compelling about her character that they felt the need to cram her in and exponentially elevate her importance with each appearance.

I feel like her character concept is interesting (in that she and the Doctor go in opposite directions through time), but she's written in a completely unlikeable way.  Personally she doesn't bother me too much, but each episode she is more and more annoying...

Flawless P

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2011, 01:35:04 PM »
Although when she whispered  to the doctor who she really is a small part of me had hoped she would be the master

Wooberman

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I have no mouth and I must LOL
    • View Profile
    • Woober's FB
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2011, 04:41:58 PM »
Although when she whispered  to the doctor who she really is a small part of me had hoped she would be the master

I've got a feeling that Madame Kovarian is the master.

FrodoLlama

« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2011, 10:22:40 PM »
Although this has little to do with recent postings, I only now discovered this thread and would like to say the following:
1. Doctor Who is my favorite TV show.
2. Doctor Who the (made for TV) Movie is my favorite movie.
3. The Eighth Doctor is my favorite Doctor.
4. The Eighth Doctor Adventures series is my favorite book series.
5. The first two Adventure Games are okay, but I wish I lived in the UK and didn't have to pay for them.
6. There are three Doctor Who RPGS: FASA (old), TIMELORD (free, http://www.torsononline.com/hobbies/timelord/main.htm), and Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space (DW:AiTaS, the newest).
7. I'm glad Moffat cleaned up most of the plot points in Season 6 Part 1 by its end. I was genuinely concerned that we wouldn't find out who River Song was until Autumn.
The following are advertisements.
8. If you'd like to hear interviews and Who News, check out Doctor Who Podshock at http://gallifreyanembassy.org/vortex/.
9. If you want to read a free Who fanzine, check out Whotopia at http://www.whotopia.ca/.
10. If you'd like to read some quality fan-made Who fiction (as in, "fan fiction" with multiple editors, multiple writers, seasons, new Doctors, and a long writing process instead of a bunch of poorly-spelled elseworld romances), check out The Doctor Who Project at http://www.thedoctorwhoproject.com/index.php.

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2011, 09:44:33 PM »
well uhh. Doctor Who.

i was watching an episode and it had aliens that you forgot about as soon as you looked away. kind of gave me a slenderman vibe too in their suits and shit.

but uhh, they reminded me of another alien with the same freaking gimmick. those angel things.