Author Topic: An Open Letter to Ross so-called Payton  (Read 35677 times)

Z

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Re: An Open Letter to Ross so-called Payton
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2010, 10:34:00 PM »
If it makes any difference, I probably wouldn't bitch out and stop listening if I developed a backlog. Just more to listen to when I become unemployed again.

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 09:27:10 AM »
yeah, I've learned that there are normal fans and super fans - super fans post comments, participate on the forums and listen to new AP episodes the day they come out. Normal fans seldom comment or post on the forums and it takes them a while to go through a 3 hour or longer AP episode. I imagine a lot of them can't even keep up with a weekly cycle. So I've had to balance my posting cycle between the two extremes.

I've been concerned about fan retention lately. How many fans have started on the forums only to disappear soon after? What can we do to keep fans on the forums?

Perhaps this is a private conversation, but I'm going public with it.

No, it's a very public discussion. I've noticed the same thing, but will all forums this one has several different types of uses: obsessive posters, regular posters, occasional posters, trolls that must die by fire, benign trolls, and unregistered trolls.

I was Obsessive, now im just an Occasional, its kind of disapointing not being able to listen to the Pod Cast the day/hour it comes out any more, but I try to listen to them withen the week now. Now that I have a back log of 7-10 other pod cast I dont ever get around to listing to them, this is the only one I listen to on a reguler base, and still the only one I Play on the forums with.

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 11:58:02 AM »
I'd say I am on the borderline, I listen to the podcast the night it posts, the ap's are a little less frequent. Like I said earlier about the NW:G I listen about 45 mins a day in traffic I would probably listen all day at work if I had headphones but I don't so it is hard to hear over the office chatter.(I have one of those Mytouch 3g's from T-Mobile and they come with a converter/head phones and I lost them both.)
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 12:12:54 PM »
Chronic insomnia means I've quickly become a superfan - there's nothing quite like a couple of APs to carry me through a sleepless night. Plus I normally listen to them while I'm cleaning or doing anything around my house that doesn't require reading.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 01:01:21 PM »
I will probably actually catch up when I get a cover/case for my iPod as I will take it with me to campus (I walk or bus which takes about 10-20 min) as well as to my internship (about 30-40 min), so I might actually listen to stuff and get caught up with the APs and Community APs (though I usually listen to the actual podcast within a day or two as it is shorter and more "efficient" entertainment")...

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2010, 02:19:56 PM »
I only listen because of Tom.

I love him you know. I wish I was him.
I want Tom to record audio books, or come out with a comedy CD, or a mixed non-alcoholic beverage named after him.

I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

Z

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 06:08:35 PM »
I only listen because of Tom.

I love him you know. I wish I was him.
I want Tom to record audio books, or come out with a comedy CD, or a mixed non-alcoholic beverage named after him.

That's pretty much the most apt tribute.

also, I thought Tom was cool until he admitted to being a furry on an internet radio show

FuzzyDan

• Official Keeper of The Line.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 07:31:07 PM »
If you could virgin-up a Tom Collins and still keep the overall flavor (replace the Gin with somehting resembling the taste/smell... *shrug*)  Call it a Tom Church.

Or:

Diet Pepsi, splash of lime, splash of Grenadine, garnish with tears of a DM.
- Dan, Adding one to his Darkspiral Aura.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 07:36:13 PM »
If you could virgin-up a Tom Collins and still keep the overall flavor (replace the Gin with somehting resembling the taste/smell... *shrug*)  Call it a Tom Church.

Or:

Don't forget to sweeten the napkin with scent of Aaron's fear.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

FuzzyDan

• Official Keeper of The Line.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 08:03:45 PM »

Or:

Don't forget to sweeten the napkin with scent of Aaron's fear.

I guess one would also need to make home-made Grenadine using pomegranate juice and an artificial sweetener to keep it sugar free.
- Dan, Adding one to his Darkspiral Aura.

Z

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 08:16:28 PM »
You know what? Just a lukewarm glass of tap water mixed with a bottle of black food coloring.

Dawnsteel

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2010, 11:31:03 PM »
I'm an obsessed fan when it comes to listening to RPPR podcasts, and a half-assed poster when it comes to the forums.  I read all the threads, write posts, and then delete them, unposted, because they're stupid, inane, or otherwise inferior.

I was bedridden for about a month this summer, and I listened to every AP at least once, some more than that.  I don't know why or how, but listening to CoC characters lose their sanity helped me keep mine.
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

Charlie72

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2010, 03:51:53 AM »
Right now there are 10 people just looking at this forum. Just though you'd like to know.

SageNytell

• We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2010, 01:31:54 PM »
I work at a state tax department. The branch I'm in does some reaaally tedious stuff, and there's sometimes a long break between calls, so something I can just pause when a call comes through is pretty nice. For a while my unit worked on pure correspondence work, sorting and trashing mail, and U-Boote Heraus was invaluable for keeping myself awake for two of those terrible, terrible days.

I actually came on for the APs, and now I'm listening to the podcast as well for help on running games better. I dread the day I run out of backlog material to listen to, but I understand that you guys space things out for a reason.

I suppose my take on things is that the system is not broken, so it doesn't need to be fixed. You have a very reasonable update schedule, and you've been able to stay very regular on it while I've been listening, so I personally would say keep at it. The long games are always a treat, and even the short updates are still funny, so I've got a lot to say thanks for and nothing to complain about. Keep at it!

Maze

• Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Azathoth Janitorial Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2010, 04:16:04 PM »
Posr. Dark. Sun.  >:(