Author Topic: Character Bio: Matthew "Ace" Harding  (Read 11445 times)

Moondog

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
Character Bio: Matthew "Ace" Harding
« on: February 02, 2011, 03:12:12 AM »
Guess I'll toss this in. Bit of flavor, not much else. S'what I get for writing at three in the mornin'.

"This thing on? "

(assorted scratches and clinking sounds)

"Yes sir, everything is working correctly. You may record at any time. "

"Thanks, Joe. " (A sigh. What sounds like glass hitting wood)

"Never did like talking about myself much. Still, figure I'd better put this 'voice diary' thing to use. Never know when being able to sit back and listen to myself talk will come in handy. Alright, let's get the shallow crap outta the way. Journal, attach picture 'medotjaypeegee'. Hell, while you're at it, attach Joedotjaypeegee too. "

(Robovoice)  'Pictures Attached.' [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"So, there I am, sleeve and all. Name's Harding. Matthew 'Ace' Harding, formerly of Chicago Police Department, Homicide Squad, District 12.  'Course, that was all before the Fall went and threw everything upside down. But I guess we - er, I? Whatever, that can come later. So, formerly police detective, currently unofficially employed by those who shall not be named. "

(Glass hitting wood again. Gurgling liquid)

"Ahh. Ahem, standard format. . . what's that again, Joe? "

"It is recommended you follow the format of listing your likes, dislikes, motivations, and then any other items you feel necessary to mention, sir. "

"Right, right. Thanks, Joe. Likes, huh? Should be easy. "

(A minute of silence)

"See, this is why I hate recording. You put a man on a microphone, he forgets how to tie his shoelaces. Alright, fine I'll just start listing things, it'll take eventually.

I like a good bourbon, the sound of a harmonica being played well. It's got, I dunno, a real genuine feel to it. Something you can't find these days, with all this synth-stuff and modulated voice performances. Old earth comics, like the stuff I read when I was a kid. You know, when space exploration seemed almost new, with infinite potential. When every explorer was a hero. Fun stuff.
"

(A pause)

"You know what I dislike? The term 'Old Earth'. There's no 'New Earth', at least not physically. Probably an exact replica on the mesh or somethin', but that's good enough. I don't like vegetarians. Don't get me wrong, there's nothin' bad about choosin' not to eat meat for whatever reason. But when you start lording it over other people, shut the hell up. Guess I'm gettin' off topic. Eh, I'll add more to this later. "

(Another pause)

"You know? What the hell, might as well say it. 'Dear Diary'. Heh heh. "
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 03:31:24 PM by Dom »
Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

Dom

• View Profile
Re: Character Bio: Matthew Harding
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 11:11:07 AM »
Split the topic in two so you can each have a thread for your Character Bios.

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 01:48:54 PM »
Split the topic in two so you can each have a thread for your Character Bios.

Good thinkin'.

Dom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 12:31:41 PM »
I like the overall feel of your character, like a vestige from a past age surviving in a brave new world.

You can expand on your character's backstory, how he lived before the fall, more information on his family, and why Firewall became interested in your character.

Also, Firewall requires their agents to operate under a pseudonym. Whether you want to mantain it with other agents when working together with them is up to you. Go ahead and think up a pseudonym for your character.

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 12:43:38 PM »
Glad you like it!

Pseudonym is easy. "Ace" is it. Since I swiped the last name Harding from Deja Vu (and Deja Vu 2, Lost In Los Vegas), it's a perfect, easy fit, and even sounds natural. If a surname is required, Marlowe will be the one.

I'll expand as I get the chance. Think maybe toss out more audio-logs as the game goes on, assuming he records every once in a while during 'downtime', if that's alright.

Dom

• View Profile
Re: Character Bio: Matthew "Ace" Harding
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 03:44:52 PM »
I edited your post to change the title of the thread, to include your pseudonym on it. Just letting you know since I didn't tamper with your post.  :)