Author Topic: 02A- Riveira's Apartment  (Read 83176 times)

csr556

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: 02A- Riveira's Apartment
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2011, 12:13:43 PM »
Once he has control of his arms back, Reaver will hand a cuffband to Zeeb.  "Here, secure him."  Reaver will then get to his feet, a little shaky at first, but starts to rub the electric jolt from his frame.  "Do you think we can get back into the apartment?  I want to ask a few questions.  Oh, and we should move quickly, that gunshot won't be completely ignored."

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2011, 02:29:38 PM »
Zeeb snaps the cuffband around the unconcious man's wrists while talking to Reaver, "I don't think I would have too much of an issue getting through the lock again.  Not sure how we'd move this guy though," he says standing up and giving the man a light kick in the side.  "Dragging him around might draw as much attention as a gunshot would, and I'm not exactly stealthy.  I could head off and give the lock a try though."  Zeeb quickly searches through the man's pockets seeing if there is anything interesting or of note.

Dom

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2011, 04:13:23 PM »
Moving the man back to Riveira's apartment is relatively simple: most of the onlookers are either too busy as they walk or don't ask questions while Reaver and Zeeb hold the man by the shoulders and take him inside. This area of Pembroke Gardens is not the most reputable anyways.

Opening the lock in Riveira's apartment proves easy enough for Zeeb, while Reaver deposits the man in the crummy bed. The blue-tinged light and the coldness in the room have not changed since they last entered.

Now in better light, the agents take a better look at the man. He is bald, with no eyebrows. He is sleeved in a Ruster morph, an athletic build with a light orange skin tone. Reaver recognizes the man's black duster as that of a Martian Ranger, though it is worn and dusty with the insignias peeled off.

A wound is on his forehead where he hit the pavement and the man is still out cold. Checking his pockets, they find several empty vials of recreational drugs for Mono no Aware and Buzz. They also find an empty red capsule with a silver key symbol stamped on it.

In the man's back-pocket, Zeeb finds an electronic money card with 2000 credits left in it.

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »
Taking the card, pocketing it, and the capsule, Zeeb attempts to find information related to the capsule and where it may have come from.

Research (60) Rolling 1d100:
(32): Total = 32

OOC:  Would Reaver have shared his opinions on "accepting payment" from attacking individuals?

csr556

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2011, 05:10:53 PM »
OOC:  Reaver would have shared that he has no problem taking items from people who attack him.

Reaver notices Zeeb rifle through the pockets.  "Anything interesting?  This guys a former Ranger."
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 05:14:29 PM by csr556 »

Mckma

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2011, 06:23:17 PM »
In that case, Zeeb splits the credits he finds with Reaver.

csr556

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2011, 08:26:56 PM »
"Thanks.  I'll file those away for a rainy day.  Are those drug bottles?"

Dom

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2011, 08:43:20 AM »
Richard searches on the mesh and finds a few hits. He then compiles a summary of what he finds.

Apparently, there is a new petal nanodrug on the market. It is called Key, as in the key to unlock the doors of perception. From what Richard manages to find, it is a relatively new petal which gives the feeling of removing all the mental barriers that the brain has to provide an unfiltered look at the physical and mental world. Users have said that it is one of the best trips, one that leads to transcendence of the spirit and complete understanding of all things.

The drug is shaped like a red flower, with users taking a petal and ingesting it to experience the trip. Smaller petals are also plucked and stored in small vials, for a single trip experience.

Little information is found as to how to acquire this drug, or who manufactures it. However, criminal contacts might have a better understanding on the situation.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 08:49:14 AM by Dom »

csr556

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2011, 03:22:31 PM »
Jeeves, a couple of things, how much time until the meet, and ask around about this drug with our criminal friends.  I would like to know more about it.  Take your time and be discreet.

Of course, discretion is my middle name after all.

Networking Criminals (90) with taking my time.  Rolling 1d100:
(70): Total = 70

Dom

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2011, 11:21:53 AM »
Jeeves starts checking the guanxi networks for information on Key.

Sir, I apologize but this might take more time than I previously thought. I am still in contact with the other sentinels' muses, and Ace's muse just posted an update that he is currently meeting a member of the Night Cartel. We could send all the pertinent information over to Ace while we question this hoodlum and later meet with Miss Sarah.

csr556

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2011, 11:42:30 AM »
Good Idea, send the info over, along with our contacts and known drug dens to help out.  Thanks for the update.  Oh, and make sure to watch the time.  I don't want to miss my meeting.  Anything interesting from the others at the office?

Dom

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2011, 03:31:29 PM »
[OOC] So you guys want to wake up the man, or are you going to do something else?

csr556

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2011, 04:38:13 PM »
Reaver walks around the apartment, looking for something.  He eventually goes into the bathroom and returns with a towel.  He uses the towel to gag the man and then starts slapping him awake.

Robot Master

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • "Wu Tang gets they cookie."
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2011, 09:58:55 PM »
An incoming message from Oriole appears:

[Jeeves: We're leaving TTO now. We have the contents of Jakuta's workstation. Also, be advised, we intercepted the following from Murrak Aghassi.

----

To whom it may concern,

At 1837 hours, military sensors set up in the outer perimeters of the cordoned area known as the TITAN Quarantine Zone reported a strong spike in electromagnetism. This was followed by increased activity of nanoswarms and TITAN-created machines in the Zone.  This electromagnetic pulse temporarily disabled several civilian and military satellites which happened to be orbiting the area close to the TQZ. Thankfully, no habitats were affected by this burst of electromagnetic radiation.

The reasons for this event are as of yet unknown. There is also no clear location pinpointing the origin of the burst, except that it was somewhere close to the center of the TQZ, from the area known as the White Zone.

As a response to this event, the Tharsis League’s security branches went on full alert and begun to take defensive measures directed at the TQZ. This includes mobilizing the military to the TQZ, more contracts with Direct Action and Gorgon Defense Systems, and temporarily requisitioning the Maglev systems to assist in the mobilization.

News of this event are still out of the media channels though we expect this to end in the next hour. We are expecting panic and rioting in the streets. I hope that it does not come to that, as we have spread our security forces too thin by moving many of these groups to the TQZ.

There has not been this level of activity coming from the TQZ. I worry that this might be a portent of another TITAN attack, I will pray that this is not the case.

Murrak Aghassi

...we are following Ace right now to a bar called Hemel in the nightclub district. It seems he's following some sort of lead. Do you need any assistance from one of us at your location? If so, please advise.]
Thanos: "I am going to sacrifice the Earth to gain the love of Death"
Me: (slowly raise eyebrow) "Destroy the Earth? That would be...illogical"
Vortex: "Yes...that...would be...highly...illogical."
Thanos: "Your Star Trek references bore me."

csr556

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2011, 01:30:53 PM »
"Thanks, but unless any of you are experts in extracting information, you'll want to steer clear of the apartment."

Jeeves, what was the payload you received?

I'm decrypting and scanning now, sir.  I will advise when you have a moment.