Author Topic: Check my base  (Read 14724 times)

trinite

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
Re: Check my base
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 11:51:24 AM »
It depends a lot on the con, I'd say. I would have had to cancel my CoC game at Springfield GAME is there hadn't been a bunch of RPPR folks available who wanted to fill the seats. But at Fear the Con 7 back in June, almost all the tables were full for just about everything.

If it's a small con or you're friends with the organizers, you might want to talk over how they could improve their system for signing up for games. Fear the Con had an awesome online pre-registration system, but Springfield GAME only had an online list of events, and just on-site paper sign-ups. I think that made part of the difference. (Well, that and Fear the Con is a 100% dedicated tabletop con.)
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2014, 01:40:10 PM »
Yeah, I think that's the main thing about small cons - if they emphasize tabletop games, you're fine, but general purpose small cons are so scattered, only the most popular games of any type can get something going - the MtGs, the D&Ds, etc.

Teapot

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014, 10:27:06 PM »
Yeah, that came up in the post con pre-party. The offshots that I recall (before the run kicked in*) was that the sign up board was kind of just put out and ignored and next year they want to put it nearer to the official con people. I think that may be all they need really, there was an online sign up system but I didn't know about it and it didn't work apparently. Also I think that this kind of con would do just fine with people getting pitches next to the board and having folk nearby to point at empty games.

*It's not in the game but Artemis could totally have a ship bartender, it worked great.