Author Topic: Delta Green kickstarter  (Read 48822 times)

PirateLawyer

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Delta Green kickstarter
« on: September 29, 2015, 02:22:42 PM »
It's live.

And it has just about raised its initial funding goal of 40K in 4 hours.

I'm now a bit poorer.

I wish Arc Dream had organized this campaign a bit differently - there is some lack of information at the outset for some key things - but there's no doubt this will be a raging success.

I wish I had the 5K lying around for the Alphonse Lives pledge level. :P
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 02:31:29 PM by PirateLawyer »

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

Tim

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: Delta Green kickstarter
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 03:51:17 PM »
Backed.

Alethea

• View Profile
    • LauraBWrites
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 05:17:54 PM »
Well... I'm glad the options to get in a game with the creators are a) almost all gone and b) so bloody expensive, or I'd be seriously debating about plopping down money  that may not exist in a few days for me.

Bloody House Republicans throwing temper-tantrums and screwing over contractors, employees, and the rest of the American public... <grumble, grumble>
All the social media:
Website | Tumblr | Twitter | GoodReads

Twisting H

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 05:24:46 PM »
Excited!!!

Congratulations to the Delta Green team! May the success be continuous.

trinite

• View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 05:52:03 PM »
I'm in for the book and PDFs!
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 06:30:12 PM »
Same.

Also Woot! Been waiting since Gencon for this to launch.
Liquid Water?

The Lost Carol

• The Calvinist Paladin
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 09:29:53 PM »
I plan on backing it, just not sure for how much yet. I own so little of the present of Delta Green, and with how much everyone likes the fiction I'd like to pick up the pdfs of the old fiction (especially because it's still relevant, which I think is a great move for Delta Green II instead of retcon/new universe.), but it's a shit-ton of money for me to drop on the Agent's Handcover + pdfs + addons pdfs, not even mentioning the Fall of Delta Green or the Case Officer's Handbook and not even thinking about adding on Sense. Not sure what I'll end up getting, just might have to sell some stuff.
Need more Actual Play goodness? Visit http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/ for Red Markets Beta, Call of Cthulhu, Eclipse Phase, and more!

PirateLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 09:40:42 PM »
I plan on backing it, just not sure for how much yet. I own so little of the present of Delta Green, and with how much everyone likes the fiction I'd like to pick up the pdfs of the old fiction (especially because it's still relevant, which I think is a great move for Delta Green II instead of retcon/new universe.), but it's a shit-ton of money for me to drop on the Agent's Handcover + pdfs + addons pdfs, not even mentioning the Fall of Delta Green or the Case Officer's Handbook and not even thinking about adding on Sense. Not sure what I'll end up getting, just might have to sell some stuff.

You don't own the old Delta Green stuff? Sacrilege! Worth every penny and pretty affordable now that Pagan has put out some PDFs of their back catalog.

The most cost-effective pledge might be full digital with add-ons for whatever you feel you want.

The old fiction stuff is listed as add-ons too.

Pelgrane's Fall of Delta Green will be great but you certainly can wait for that and buy it from Pelgrane later on as a PDF or book if you want to save some coin right now.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2015, 03:24:41 AM »
I edited the video  8)

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 11:13:22 AM »
FINALLY! Finally the Glancy game is MINE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PirateLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2015, 11:23:33 AM »
Sick brag.

I wonder if an episode of Unspeakable! will come out this month, or if Shane et al. will appear on any other podcasts to promote the Kickstarter?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 05:53:49 PM »
Sick brag.

I wonder if an episode of Unspeakable! will come out this month, or if Shane et al. will appear on any other podcasts to promote the Kickstarter?

I will get on them for that.

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 06:25:09 PM »
Actually I just cancelled my backing. The project was never in danger of not getting backing so that is not a concern and it is not because I am not interested in eventually procuring Delta Green but the way they have their backer levels structured I don't see a compelling reason to back. At the $50 level I am essentially putting in a pre-order so I think I am going to wait till release and buy the individual items that I want as they are released. It also seems like the stretch goals turn into new add ons not extension of content so if for example it turns out I do decide I want the History of Delta Green when it becomes available I would need to update my pledge to get that. I don't really want to keep monitoring the campaign and keep updating my pledge as new items become available.  I can of course do that but seems like a bit of work or I could wait till the end of the campaign and then back select the items I want or as my current plan is wait till the normal production release of the various items and purchasing them at that point. If enough stuff gets released I might also end up biting at one of the All PDF levels but we shall see how that plays out.

Please don't take this as a me being negative towards the arc dream crew or the choices they have made. They are all smart folks who want to run their kickstarter in a fashion they think is best setup for delivery and they are doing that. I also don't want to give the impression that I think kickstart creators should keep giving away new interesting stuff as stretch goals are released to feed some entitlement on my part. Many kickstarters have fallen to over commitment or over extending from the original core vision and protecting that is important. I wish them luck (although they are not going to need it) and know I will eventually buy the new version and I am sure it will be great so looking forward to getting my hands on it someday.

Of course I need to be honest with myself and say I would not have written this and posted it here if I was not a little annoyed and so I suppose I must be at some level. Perhaps I am looking for folks to argue me out of my course of action. Perhaps I just and an old man yelling at the clouds.

Probably it is the clouds one.

PirateLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 06:53:47 PM »
Well since you asked for feedback, Tim, and I'm paid to argue in my day job, I'll point out the following:

1) go read Dennis Detwiller's update (#2, methinks). Go pledge $1 so you can, and follow the project along.

2) there are significant incentives to back the project now, as opposed to waiting for retail distribution. Mainly, the PDF reward tiers get enhanced for EVERYONE as stretch goals are hit. By spending now, you get more value, and so does everyone else who is backing at high enough levels. Essentially spend now to ensure books get made and you'll get at least digital copies of said books.

3) Ask yourself why are you annoyed.

4) repeat items 1-3.

More later when I have more time.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 06:58:03 PM by PirateLawyer »