Author Topic: Delta Green kickstarter  (Read 48820 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: Delta Green kickstarter
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2015, 04:20:03 PM »
Something Awful

Alethea

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • LauraBWrites
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2015, 06:41:44 PM »
Thanks. I'm also monitoring threads on rpg.net, SA, and Yog. Social media management yay!

What's SA?

Something Awful, I think. But what's Yog?
All the social media:
Website | Tumblr | Twitter | GoodReads

PirateLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2015, 06:46:41 PM »
Something Awful, I think. But what's Yog?

Best Lovecraftian site on the web!

quickstep23

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2015, 11:13:04 PM »
Oh look, the new stretch goals are all King in Yellow flavored (and Iconoclasts). What a shock.  ;)

I don't suppose if it all gets funded Ross would run that campaign for RPPR? Finally just giving into Carcosa and going hog wild?

fuck yeah I will

Hearing this this might be better than finally figuring out the reward tiers (ended up with Rising threats + Fall of Delta Green (Book+PDF))

ow, my wallet.

PirateLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2015, 05:42:22 PM »
Genuinely amazed this reached 120K so quickly.

Not tremendously optmistic the campaign will reach a lot more of the big stretch goals, sadly. I hope I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 08:44:25 PM by PirateLawyer »

Thorn

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2015, 07:46:26 PM »
I just noticed this on today's update as a potential reward
"“Lover in the Ice”: Caleb Stokes’ scenario converted to Delta Green: The Role-Playing Game "

Awesome news.  I hope to see this become a reality.

The Lost Carol

• The Calvinist Paladin
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2015, 11:51:40 AM »
So glad for Caleb. Hope the parrot makes the final cut!

Also Impossible Labdscapes funded! The narrative set up sounds really interesting. I'm not sure we'll get to $260,000 but I'm surprised we got to $180,000 this fast. Who knows?

Carcosa wooooooo
Need more Actual Play goodness? Visit http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/ for Red Markets Beta, Call of Cthulhu, Eclipse Phase, and more!

theyrcoming4me

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2015, 01:21:16 PM »
This maybe a dumb question, where/what tier/what do I have to do to get/unlock/help unlock Lover in the Ice scenario?

Also, mostly unrelated, is there a time line for the DG fiction or what should I read first?

PirateLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2015, 01:30:09 PM »
This maybe a dumb question, where/what tier/what do I have to do to get/unlock/help unlock Lover in the Ice scenario?

Also, mostly unrelated, is there a time line for the DG fiction or what should I read first?

I think reading DG fiction in publication order is best.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2015, 02:41:24 PM »

I think reading DG fiction in publication order is best.

The short story anthologies are all stand alone, so read them in order.

I recommend reading the novels in chronological order:

Denied to the Enemy
Rules of Engagement
Through A Glass Darkly

In terms of quality of the short stories, I still haven't finished alien intelligence but the other anthologies are to me:

Extraordinary Renditions
Tales of Failed Anatomies
Darkest Theatres

Jace911

• The President of Burp Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2015, 03:37:55 PM »
I assume The Fall of Delta Green will be publicly available in print at some point? Because I'm planning on backing at the $20 level to get the Agent's Handbook pdf, but next year when I actually have a job I would totally be willing to drop $50 on a hardcover copy of an official GUMSHOE Delta Green book.

PirateLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2015, 03:47:02 PM »
I assume The Fall of Delta Green will be publicly available in print at some point? Because I'm planning on backing at the $20 level to get the Agent's Handbook pdf, but next year when I actually have a job I would totally be willing to drop $50 on a hardcover copy of an official GUMSHOE Delta Green book.

I'd imagine Pelgrane Press will be selling it at GenCon next year, and via their webstore down the road. But if it's the latter you'll have S&H to deal with.

This DG kickstarter is one where backing it now for as much as you can ensures you get the stuff, first, without long delays down the road for retail. So I'd recommend trying to scrape up the cash now if you possibly can.

Morbid

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2015, 03:06:35 PM »

I had a similar question about the other books.  The short answer is (from Ross on another site) - yes, the books will be available, but the plan is for limited print-runs rather than print-on-demands.  So you'll probably want to snap them up pretty soon after release if at all possible.

Pelgrane has done a 4 for 3 deal on books at their GenCon booth in the past.  Otherwise these books don't really go on sale in my experience. 

PirateLawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2015, 03:38:55 PM »
Honestly at this point if the campaign reaches 300K and unlocks another book pledging for all the PDFs ($80) or all the books + pdfs ($300) is too good of a deal to pass up.

Morbid

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2015, 05:16:51 PM »
Yeah.  Either package deal is already a really good deal since Deep State unlocked; with PISCES it's crazy good.  But, well, it's a lot of cash all at once as opposed to picking up the books as they come out. 

You can save a bit by doing physical without pdfs (+$220 add-on to a $1 pledge) or all the books except the Agent's Handbook ($250, since the AH material is included in the CO Handbook.)

I'm thinking about The New Age, though.  It'd be the most I've pledged for any KS.. but it's also Delta Green.  So very much Delta Green.