Author Topic: Wild Talents Power Building Question  (Read 7317 times)

Cordyceps

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
Wild Talents Power Building Question
« on: December 15, 2015, 11:31:18 PM »
So I'm thinking about running a game of Wild Talents soon and my villain is basically a Worm-that-Walks that can mind control people after it injects them with a worm from its body.  Here is my write up of that power for controlling people and becoming a hive-mind with those controlled: 

Worm Mind Control (8 points) 
U, U
Useful (mind control) Extras and Flaws: Permanent +4, If/Then (Must first touch person) -1, Booster +1, Horrifying -1, Full Power Only -1
Capacities: Range
Useful (telepathic link) Extras and Flaws: Permanent +4, If/Then (Limited to those under control) -1, Full Power Only -1, Always On -1, Booster +1
Capacities: Range

Now with how this power is now built, is the mind control limited to only one person  or will it control any number of people?   

TRNSHMN

• Even less impressive IRL
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Talents Power Building Question
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 03:57:25 PM »
It's been a good while since I messed around with WT, but I can give it a shot.

Looks to me like it'd work fine on any number of people due to it being Permanent, but it can only give commands to on one person at a time. So the Worm couldn't screech 'KILL THE INTERLOPERS' at a group of thralls and command all of them. Same for the telepathic link. Also, this is just my take, but making the injection a separate power could be important, since I imagine injecting a literal Man of Steel with a worm could be tricky, and as is no amount of armor would protect against it. Also, as is, the worm can control robots, sentient light beings, etc., so you may want to give it a flaw so it only works on organics.

Cordyceps

• View Profile
Re: Wild Talents Power Building Question
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 09:50:21 PM »
So maybe add in an If/Then to only limit to organics for mind control and then add Spray to give multiple orders? Also in my reading of Permanent and Mind Control, those under control are under control until the Worm frees them, so if it ordered five people to act as bodyguards, they're protecting the worm until it decides otherwise.