Author Topic: Red Markets Playtest Campaign: Fallen Flag  (Read 51247 times)

Jace911

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • The President of Burp Head
    • View Profile
Re: Red Markets Playtest Campaign: Fallen Flag
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 01:14:56 AM »
Half-Off: Caleb (I'm cheating on this one - Ross confirmed this in the GroupMe chat, 'cause Caleb wants to test the prosthesis rules)

trinite

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 03:47:32 PM »
Random RM inspiration: http://elcomics.tumblr.com/post/54127537542/dead-planet-a-new-comics-drawn-by-the-amazing

Cross post this to the Red Markets Inspiration thread, dammit! Look at me, telling you how to post on your own forums.

Whatever, I did it for you. :)
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Cthuluzord

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2016, 10:44:35 AM »

Discard

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2016, 09:39:05 PM »
Question about setting.

If DHQS is the ultimate antagonists for the players in the settting (clandestine goverment agency dedicated to ensure that there are no orginized civilization/survivor resistance and unpersoning of anyone in the loss) how can any taker group ever work for them without distroying their retirement plan? It seems your branded by the devil for life because he caught you trying to sneak into his house. The end result being joinning them and sent right back out on missions or being killed as a security risk.

Would it be any better working for the moths or we talking high fuctioning driven refugee that needs shit done until you die.

It would seem the way to survive in red markets is to not engage with any of the major players At All, And just scootch by into the safezone. You need both to live, moths for ubic and DHQS for bounty but neither are your friend and will get you killed.

trinite

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2016, 09:02:13 PM »
Question about setting.

If DHQS is the ultimate antagonists for the players in the settting (clandestine goverment agency dedicated to ensure that there are no orginized civilization/survivor resistance and unpersoning of anyone in the loss) how can any taker group ever work for them without distroying their retirement plan? It seems your branded by the devil for life because he caught you trying to sneak into his house. The end result being joinning them and sent right back out on missions or being killed as a security risk.

Would it be any better working for the moths or we talking high fuctioning driven refugee that needs shit done until you die.

It would seem the way to survive in red markets is to not engage with any of the major players At All, And just scootch by into the safezone. You need both to live, moths for ubic and DHQS for bounty but neither are your friend and will get you killed.

I'm not Caleb, but seeing the DHQS as nothing but ultimate antagonists is only one possible choice that the Market could make when running the setting. In your game, they could be less hostile and ruthless than they are in the Brutalists Maybe they're trying to extinguish all organized Enclaves, or maybe they're trying to pick certain ones to grant official Reclamation status to. Or maybe some parts of the Agency are doing one or the other of those things, or completely different things, or are just so inefficient and unaccountable that they're not really doing anything with a single discernible purpose.

The fundamental fact for Takers is that DHQS needs jobs done, and they have a lot of money. Yes, it's pretty dangerous working for the Feds, but that's who has the money.
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Jace911

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2016, 11:07:04 PM »
Question about setting.

I'm not Caleb, but seeing the DHQS as nothing but ultimate antagonists is only one possible choice that the Market could make when running the setting. In your game, they could be less hostile and ruthless than they are in the Brutalists Maybe they're trying to extinguish all organized Enclaves, or maybe they're trying to pick certain ones to grant official Reclamation status to. Or maybe some parts of the Agency are doing one or the other of those things, or completely different things, or are just so inefficient and unaccountable that they're not really doing anything with a single discernible purpose.

The fundamental fact for Takers is that DHQS needs jobs done, and they have a lot of money. Yes, it's pretty dangerous working for the Feds, but that's who has the money.

I imagine the DHQS would be a lot more negotiable towards Takers the further you get from the Recession, which is the attitude I adopted for them in the Hooverville campaign; why expend precious fuel and flight hours on expensive aircraft to carry out operations hundreds and thousands of miles from the Recession when you can maintain a network of fixers to pay Takers to do the same jobs?

The CCC's second job was to rescue a DHQS soldier in a crashed helicopter near their enclave, and their fourth involved scouting out a site that the DHQS had secretly staked a claim on. While they were opposed to the Takers in the second example (Through their agent guarding the place) they were also perfectly justified in defending a site that was technically government property even before the Crash, as it was full of military vehicles and munitions.

Lordsloth

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2016, 10:50:20 AM »
Aaron is playing a "tech" character.
Tom is playing a "monster".
Caleb is playing a character with a horrible past, that makes elaborate plans.

You guys went way out of your character comfort zone! ;)
Chados- the, uh... hands of fate.

Twisting H

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2016, 07:30:28 PM »
Been listening to parts of Fallen Flag #2 (access from backing Red Markets on kickstarter).

Just have to rave about it here.  The first half is a laugh riot of the blackest of black comedy.  Faust you were fantastic and so much on point as Caleb's son (Half-son??).  The hesitant responses. The uncomfortable backpedaling.

And then Aaron. Generally Aaron is the "moral center" of the group but like all good plot lines he will do a Heel-turn when you least expect it. "Half-dad". And then the totally in character 12 year old. Fantastic.

Poor David man. Wow you sounded sick but you powered through.

I will never get enough of the crazy Crusader doctor either.  But everyone was stealing the show for comic relief.

Jace911

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 11:09:34 PM »
Been listening to parts of Fallen Flag #2 (access from backing Red Markets on kickstarter).

Just have to rave about it here.  The first half is a laugh riot of the blackest of black comedy.  Faust you were fantastic and so much on point as Caleb's son (Half-son??).  The hesitant responses. The uncomfortable backpedaling.

And then Aaron. Generally Aaron is the "moral center" of the group but like all good plot lines he will do a Heel-turn when you least expect it. "Half-dad". And then the totally in character 12 year old. Fantastic.

I will never get enough of the crazy Crusader doctor either.  But everyone was stealing the show for comic relief.

I binged the entire season over the course of a work week. That was a mistake--I needed a strong drink after the ending.

Gorkamorka

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • Let me GURPS that for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2016, 04:33:20 AM »

I binged the entire season over the course of a work week. That was a mistake--I needed a strong drink after the ending.

The whole thing is excellent.  Some parts better then others.  I thought Mr JOLS was not one of their best. Bet the epilogue was great bot the good and the bad of it.
Gorkamorka (Fridrik)

Alethea

• View Profile
    • LauraBWrites
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2016, 06:29:16 PM »
I needed a strong drink after the ending.

Took a combo of Mastodon, funny pics, and Monster Hearts APs to cope with that ending, for me.
All the social media:
Website | Tumblr | Twitter | GoodReads

The Lost Carol

• The Calvinist Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2016, 10:48:16 PM »
*Shrugs* I dunno, Han's ending was really satisfying and heartwarming. As was Refurb's.

McReedy & Half though... goddamn Half's ending...
Need more Actual Play goodness? Visit http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/ for Red Markets Beta, Call of Cthulhu, Eclipse Phase, and more!

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2016, 11:29:57 PM »
Aamu was that character I loved to hate in this campaign, and I say that in a good way? Like she was just so god damned selfish and cold hearted at times and caused so much drama when she got angry and spiteful and I LOVED the role-play of it. (That fight between her and Half... "Magnifique!") And then her ending was so heart warming and sweet that I all but forgave her actions previously.

Good job Faust! 
Liquid Water?