Author Topic: Cody Fan Club  (Read 703877 times)

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
Re: Cody Fan Club
« Reply #600 on: June 19, 2010, 12:58:22 PM »
Mythbusters was hands down the best show on Discovery.

Doc Brown

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 19, 2010, 01:07:39 PM »
Planet Earth was fuckin' dope, aired hour for hour i liked it better than Mythbusters, possibly because it was short, sweet, and dense.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #602 on: June 19, 2010, 01:15:25 PM »
Planet Earth is fucked up, great show to watch if you want details for a cosmic horror game. All those hyper detailed, up close nature things, especially under water. Spiders and bug eating plants and jellyfish capturing fish, god damn.

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #603 on: June 19, 2010, 01:57:23 PM »
Is it bad that I enjoy "Man vs. Wild"?

I know that they have proved that it's a little fake, but I don't care. It's still pretty badass.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #604 on: June 19, 2010, 03:17:19 PM »
Is it bad that I enjoy "Man vs. Wild"?

I know that they have proved that it's a little fake, but I don't care. It's still pretty badass.

My brother loves Man vs. Wild. Take that for what you will.

Ryo

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 19, 2010, 05:50:44 PM »
Survivor Man was better

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 19, 2010, 11:38:10 PM »
Survivor Man was better

Eh Wrong, Man VS Wild is better! 100 % hands down!

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 19, 2010, 11:56:00 PM »
MvW is far more epic.

Even though the entire premise is wrong right?

I mean if you get stranded someplace, should you use special ops skills you don't have to try and venture out into the unforgiving wilderness to find a vestige of civilization?

I always remember the advice to be: stay put, stay safe, stay healthy.

Doc Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 20, 2010, 12:00:06 AM »
There's no winner until one of them dies during filming because of some hardcore trial of element or beast, at which point the deceased is declared the winner.

However, if the undeceased host attempts the same challenge but preferrably more hardcore in an in-your-face-dead-guy kinda way and survives, then that person is alive and winning.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #609 on: June 21, 2010, 11:05:45 AM »
There's no winner until one of them dies during filming because of some hardcore trial of element or beast, at which point the deceased is declared the winner.

However, if the undeceased host attempts the same challenge but preferrably more hardcore in an in-your-face-dead-guy kinda way and survives, then that person is alive and winning.

I think we need a Most Dangerous Game set up where they have to survive each other. Hell, go Battle Royal and throw everybody who does nature shows into the mix. And every asshole from Survivor can be wandering around too.

Okay, better idea: round up everybody who's ever been on Survivor, then release them into a natural containment of some sort, a deep river valley or something, and give them a week to sort themselves out. Then you release Survivor Man and Man-Vs-Wild into the valley with the mission to capture the most Survivors.

Whichever one of them can capture and contain the most Survivors wins.

Addition- Possible WUSHU game in the brewing here...

Doc Brown

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 21, 2010, 11:48:23 AM »
word

have the deadliest catch dude off the side of the imposing island in case you want to try some shit

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 21, 2010, 09:17:33 PM »

I think we need a Most Dangerous Game set up where they have to survive each other. Hell, go Battle Royal and throw everybody who does nature shows into the mix. And every asshole from Survivor can be wandering around too.

Okay, better idea: round up everybody who's ever been on Survivor, then release them into a natural containment of some sort, a deep river valley or something, and give them a week to sort themselves out. Then you release Survivor Man and Man-Vs-Wild into the valley with the mission to capture the most Survivors.

I like Wushu but I've always wanted to try risus.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #612 on: June 21, 2010, 11:35:26 PM »
We used Risus for the short Law and Orcdum PbP game, that's the only experience I've got with it. But I love the system's build and openness so yeah, I'd like to use it for some stuff in the future. Makes a good one for a pick up event. OH, wait, I used it in that Not Lost PbP game I did too. Heck, twice is more than I've used half the game systems I own.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 22, 2010, 06:32:20 PM »

I got my money on bear grills, hes a fucking british SAS, whats survivor man got, his hermonica! woooo Dont play your boaring music please!

Kroack

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 22, 2010, 06:51:05 PM »
Codyphiles! Unite under the banner of Bear Grylls!