Author Topic: Cody Fan Club  (Read 703145 times)

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
Re: Cody Fan Club
« Reply #810 on: September 24, 2010, 11:47:29 AM »
Hot damn, five hours of Gaiden goodness. Really excited to listen to this.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 26, 2010, 12:03:38 AM »
And I love that Hal Jordan as Parallax is your profile pic. That will teach Ross for hating on the GL. You are deemed my new favorite.

Gahh guy goes AFK for a few months and looses his chosen status. Damn!

Salkovich

• View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 26, 2010, 01:47:58 AM »
Wow. Just finished up the Gaiden AP.

Very exciting stuff - I actually enjoyed listening to D&D combat for the first time basically ever.

Highly enjoy your DMing style, sir.
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #813 on: September 26, 2010, 04:34:04 PM »
Wow. Just finished up the Gaiden AP.

Very exciting stuff - I actually enjoyed listening to D&D combat for the first time basically ever.

Highly enjoy your DMing style, sir.

Thanks so much! Specifically, what did you like about my DM style? I only ask because I was a little more focused in the Gaiden games than I am with Dark Sun. Just curious.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Salkovich

• View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 26, 2010, 04:43:50 PM »

Thanks so much! Specifically, what did you like about my DM style? I only ask because I was a little more focused in the Gaiden games than I am with Dark Sun. Just curious.

Well I enjoyed the way you handled combat - I know there was some discussion a while back about how Ross doesn't bother with descriptions of the actual action, and I liked that you did.
I also really enjoyed your characterization of all the NPCs - the Festival was super creepy in their innocence.

joecrak

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 26, 2010, 10:54:54 PM »
Since your such a big Grant Morrison fan i thought you might like to know of this cody

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/107645-the-trailer-for-all-star-superman
Freedom is not a license for chaos.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #816 on: September 27, 2010, 12:20:31 AM »
Since your such a big Grant Morrison fan i thought you might like to know of this cody

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/107645-the-trailer-for-all-star-superman

I watched the Behind the scenes stuff on Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, but they neglected to show the animation in action. Thanks so much for posting this!

Not only am I a Morrison fan, but All-Star Superman is my favorite comic OF ALL TIME! Thanks again!
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

joecrak

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 27, 2010, 06:40:40 PM »

I watched the Behind the scenes stuff on Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, but they neglected to show the animation in action. Thanks so much for posting this!

Not only am I a Morrison fan, but All-Star Superman is my favorite comic OF ALL TIME! Thanks again!

How?! Its not supposed to come out till tomorrow!

Sadly i don't care as much about this upcoming story, I'll still buy it because i support DC animated original movies.  But i much rather they have made Batgirl Year One like they were planing, plus it's more likely with such a short series as basis, they'd be able to more accurately portray it..  It doesn't help that i'm not a superman fan.  The only superman story i'd be really interested in seeing is Red Son. 

However that all being said, because i have not rad all star superman, i can't be let down by any exclusions of particular events.

Also just finished gaiden today, good stuff. I look forward to your dark sun, and of course the eventual return of locke...though sadly he probably won't be as fun as he used to.
Freedom is not a license for chaos.

Salkovich

• View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 27, 2010, 06:43:54 PM »
and of course the eventual return of locke...though sadly he probably won't be as fun as he used to.

I for one am entirely excited to hear Locke as a Lich.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #819 on: September 28, 2010, 11:19:28 AM »
I have my sources to get movies . . .

Locke still has his moments in Epic campaign. Things get very interesting between Locke and Anakin near the end of Epic.

All Star Superman is seriously the best. It gets me teary eyed.

My personal favorite DC animated project was New Frontier, but Under the Red Hood is a close second.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #820 on: September 28, 2010, 01:13:31 PM »
I like Crisis on Two Earths because James Woods is great as Owlman

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

Seejo Crux

• High INT, Low CHA. Tend to be social misfits.
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 28, 2010, 01:21:39 PM »
I like Crisis on Two Earths because James Woods is great as Owlman

I wouldn't mind at all if this became the Paul Dini and Bruce Timm appreciation thread.

rayner23

• View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #822 on: September 28, 2010, 01:37:56 PM »
Woods is pretty great as Owlman, but I have a problem with that movie:
[spoiler]Batman kills two people. No matter what, Batman doesn't kill. Even though killing Owlman is the only logical solution, Batman wouldn't do it. Also, tricking Johnny Quick to superage and die is straight up wrong. Great job, Bats.[/spoiler]

Also, Billy Baldwin as Batman? I don't think so.

BeyondSandrock

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Give Life Back to Music
    • View Profile
    • The BrightSide Lair - My Personal Repository for Stuff
« Reply #823 on: September 28, 2010, 04:01:18 PM »

I honestly wish that they would just give Kevin Conroy and Tim Daly contracts stipulating that they are the sole voice actors for Batman and Superman (respectively) for the next 10 years.
"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or will happen. Where do you want to begin?"

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #824 on: September 28, 2010, 04:04:41 PM »
Woods is pretty great as Owlman, but I have a problem with that movie:
[spoiler]Batman kills two people. No matter what, Batman doesn't kill. Even though killing Owlman is the only logical solution, Batman wouldn't do it. Also, tricking Johnny Quick to superage and die is straight up wrong. Great job, Bats.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Batman didn't kill Owlman because Owlman had enough time to disarm the bomb but chose not.

Also - Batman didn't know it would kill Quick - age him, sure but superheroes and villains take all kinds of crazy risks all the time. Tricking a villain into hurting or crippling himself is ok to Batman.  [/spoiler]