Author Topic: Cody Fan Club  (Read 738253 times)

Robot Master

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • "Wu Tang gets they cookie."
    • View Profile
Re: Cody Fan Club
« Reply #945 on: December 16, 2010, 09:10:28 AM »
I know Cody's gonna disown me for saying this, but has anyone ever wondered why they're called Masters of the Universe when they never leave Eternia?

Shouldn't they be called "Masters of Eternia"?

Thanos: "I am going to sacrifice the Earth to gain the love of Death"
Me: (slowly raise eyebrow) "Destroy the Earth? That would be...illogical"
Vortex: "Yes...that...would be...highly...illogical."
Thanos: "Your Star Trek references bore me."

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #946 on: December 16, 2010, 10:26:05 AM »
Knowing of Cody's rightful love of all things Masters of the Universe i present these amazing, pics, though probably you've already seen them

http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/he-man-115761586?q=boost%3Apopular+by%3Anebezial+he-man&qo=0

http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/she-ra-115867096?q=boost%3Apopular+by%3Anebezial+she&qo=0

ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod

For some reason, I like the She-Ra pic more for some reason, but both are pretty amazing!
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

joecrak

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: December 16, 2010, 06:12:44 PM »
I know Cody's gonna disown me for saying this, but has anyone ever wondered why they're called Masters of the Universe when they never leave Eternia?

Shouldn't they be called "Masters of Eternia"?

Not True, Some of them have been to Earth, and He-Man has obviously been to Etheria.

And I agree Cody, the She-Ra one is alot cooler looking to me too. Probably there's more to work with in her design alone., Though Skeletor looks freaking amazing. I'm glad to see your so excited.
Freedom is not a license for chaos.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #948 on: December 16, 2010, 07:16:21 PM »
If your not a lobster, you will never get laid.

<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #949 on: December 18, 2010, 04:43:46 PM »
I know this is early but we're coming up fast on Feburary and I think we all know what that means! So, now is the time to begin the planning stages for our adventures.

I personally vow to run a Skype version of the game I ran last year, updated from its alpha test, in celebration and open to anybody on RPPR who wants to play a Delta Green game.

joecrak

• View Profile
« Reply #950 on: December 19, 2010, 12:40:21 AM »
I know this is early but we're coming up fast on Feburary and I think we all know what that means! So, now is the time to begin the planning stages for our adventures.

I personally vow to run a Skype version of the game I ran last year, updated from its alpha test, in celebration and open to anybody on RPPR who wants to play a Delta Green game.

Well i've yet to play any form of Call of Cthulhu (though my first ever game is coming up so fingers crossed it will be creepy fun)  And i've also never used skype, but from all the talk about it i want to try, just to increase my amount of gaming.  How does it even work? The last online gaming system i used was openrpg, and text isnt as much fun as hearing inflection, though nothing beats to actually sitting at a table.  Aside from the skype program what else does one need?  I'm assuming a headset?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #951 on: December 19, 2010, 01:23:58 AM »
Well, you need a microphone to be heard but a headset with combo sound and mike is advised to avoid picking up all the sounds around you too. Skype is basically the same as using the phone, it doesn't give you anything especiqally fancy unless you add it yourself.

joecrak

• View Profile
« Reply #952 on: December 19, 2010, 01:59:43 AM »
i've also seen mention of using maptools in conjunction, any easy explanation as to how that works?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #953 on: December 19, 2010, 02:23:08 AM »
Not really, I haven't used it. They don't blend together into a single program but you can have both open at the sametime and use them as if they where meant to be.

joecrak

• View Profile
« Reply #954 on: December 21, 2010, 05:29:43 PM »
Dear Cody, you should buy the cheap PSN+ subscription and join me in the DC Universe Online beta (because its free if your part of PSN+), it would be ever so swell a christmas present for someone you don't know.  also....you would theoretically benefit.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 05:32:19 PM by joecrak »

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #955 on: December 27, 2010, 10:59:19 PM »
Okay, we're still a whole month and some days away but it's time to begin preparing for Lobster Fest 2011.

The event begins at 12:01am on Feburary 1st and ends 11:59pm on Feburary 8th.

This is the time of year to spread the word of the lobster and its kin, among which we count many additions. Dash Guster, Ricky Sterling, the Dark Sun character I can't remember the name of, BA Baracus, and a host of others have joined the hive within the last twelve months, each of whom is reason to rejoice.

Once again, I will host a competition to favor the lobster god. The rules have not changed and as follows:

0 ) All RPPR listeners are eligable for the contest. Specific exceptions to this are noted below.

1 ) You need to do more than just drop a name. You should use a theme which is connected with Coddowalshagoth or one of his avatars and have them be part of the plot.

2 ) You are allowed to create new avatars if one of the existing ones doesn't work. You are also allowed to use other names for existing individuals in the 'pantheon' if the names don't mesh with your setting.

3 ) The event needs to be time stamped (figurativly speaking) between February 1st and February 8th of the year 2011. If it's a game it should be run that week, if it's a piece of art or writing then it should be done within the time frame.

4 ) Submissions are due in on February 15th, though they should be completed by February 8th. They will be made publically available for consideration on that day. In the case of session recordings you may send in a sample rather than the entire recording, if file size is an issue.

5 ) Submissions are counted as "in" when they have been either sent to my e-mail, which can be found in my profile here on the forums, or when they have been made publically available. Public availability through the forums is acceptable as is posting on an external section of the web to which everyone has access and providing a link.

6 ) The final winner will be selected my popular vote on the criteria of most entertaining and most fitting the themes of the Cathardic Lobster. Voting will close on Feburary 22nd, one week after all submissions are due.

7 ) The Grand Prize, which is also the only prize, will be a horror game core book or suppliment of their choice. Delievery of the prize will be arranged between myself and the winner. Speaking of which, Maze, sorry you haven't gotten your book from last time yet. I am extremely lazy and short to anger with online shippinh programs.

8 ) Tadanori Oyama, as the founder of the contest, is not eligable for 1st place in this event.

9 ) Cody Walker, as an avatar of Coddowalshagoth, is considered eligable for this event. However, he is not allowed to be his own entry, by which I mean Cody can not simply take a picture of himself and submit that since, technically, he already existed before February 1st, 2011.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 11:03:04 PM by Tadanori Oyama »

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #956 on: January 09, 2011, 04:02:45 PM »

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #957 on: January 09, 2011, 08:01:04 PM »
Believe me, I've already stated my problems with this shitty story.

http://www.popgunchaos.com/2010/08/31/why-the-world-needs-a-superman/
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

joecrak

• View Profile
« Reply #958 on: January 11, 2011, 08:16:02 PM »
I'm more interested in "The Flaming C" article the site had...and the poster for the green lantern tv show during Conan and Bruce Timm's creation process.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #959 on: January 25, 2011, 02:47:23 PM »
One week warning, ladies and gentleman, one week warning!