Author Topic: Character Creation...  (Read 136085 times)

Bronnen

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Re: Character Creation...
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2010, 12:59:16 AM »
Damn! Languages! I forgot about that. Mordred needs to know some now.

Arje

• Play by Post Dude. Malcontent.
  • Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2010, 01:00:37 AM »
Sweet! Though that does mean that Tada's going to be picking someone else. I guess he could pick someone else too and post it up as soon as he wants to.

Just to remember, the aspect I picked for this one was You did what!

Which... seeing as you're a wizard can have anything to do with magic. lol.

Seeing what i see, my second one, and really everyone second one...are more supporting than active than the first story, and should involve two other players, so i'm picking bronnen and tadanori. I'll start out:

Augustine was interested in the new European cultural relics being shown off at the STL Art museum. He had heard rumors of some of them being of great power, and he needed to get a sense of them if he was going to keep his eye on them. While he was there he ran into:

(Now each of you add a line or two, and we can each choose our own aspects from them)
My new goal in life is to play D&D with Judi Dench

Bronnen

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2010, 01:03:50 AM »
Um... I don't know what to put for one. lol. Mordred doesn't go to museums. I'll have to do some thinking for it. Gimme a few minutes!

Someone should make up a player list, so we actually know how many people are in this thing. lol.

Arje

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2010, 01:06:10 AM »
I'll get to work on it.

They could just as easily be religious artifacts....in fact the current exhibit at the history museum is artifacts of the Catholic Church on special loan from the vatican...

They could be artifacts if a faith based nautre that you might be interested in, and its obvious why Tad' is interested.

Bronnen

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2010, 01:07:58 AM »
Hmm.. Perhaps something about a relic of the old gods being rumored to be there.

Arje

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2010, 01:13:53 AM »
exactly!
Quote from: List of players
ristarr -Thaddeus Barlow - Lucky Rogue Riverboat gambler
Ryo- Jack B Nimble- Seelie Wizard
Kroack- Rudolph Fillian- Bikergang Sorcerer Transport guy
Bronnen- Mordred Thulsson- Norwegian American Soldier of Faith
Arje- Augustine Dyer- CEO Rich-ass Wizard
Tadanori Oyama- Peter Barak- Earth shaking Treasure hunter.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2010, 01:14:51 AM »
Damn! Languages! I forgot about that. Mordred needs to know some now.

That'd be rough without the Scholarship skill, won't it? According to the book each Scholarship level gets you a new language. I took Linguist so I could make half my choices dead languages. I figure with so many mages somebody better know their Latin.

Anyway, adding to the Phase:

With the lure of relics from across some of the oldest places around, Peter finds the newest display impossible resist. While turning an apprassing eye to the relics, the security, and the ladies, he crossed paths and wits with an impressive gentleman of fortune (the literal kind) by the name of Augustine.

Addition: Oooohh, "Earth Shaking Treasure Hunter"... I like it! Arje, sir, you are a genius.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 01:16:48 AM by Tadanori Oyama »

Bronnen

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2010, 01:17:20 AM »
Oooh, darnit. Then maybe I can't take languages... Well then. Who'se Ryo gonna have if you take both of us? lol.

Mordred looked about the museum, not seeing the relic that drew him to the place, but taking comfort in the threshold of the building all the same. It was strong, a place of power, of learning, quite like the monastery he grew up in. Even though he carried his spear in plain sight, no one seemed to pay any mind to it, it was as if they just ignored him completely.

Arje

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2010, 01:18:29 AM »
Given the number of players, I'm considering adding one more aspect...for that very reason.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2010, 01:23:24 AM »
Speaking of Aspects, for Phase 4 I think I'm gonna add "Friends under the Arch".

Bronnen

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2010, 01:24:53 AM »
As long as someone uses magic, my "You did what!" still works. lol.

I love the threshold rule, it makes my guy pwn inside places with thresholds. Watch out as long as he's inside!

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2010, 01:26:41 AM »
As long as someone uses magic, my "You did what!" still works. lol.

If you really want to make that one work, I could steal a particularly under secured relic. You know, for the good of the magical community. And Dyer probably paid me to do it.

Bronnen

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2010, 01:28:35 AM »
Ha Ha. That you could do. Though... No never mind, that works. I had a brain fart for a second there and didn't know what I was writing. I actually ended up writing "Pancakes eat elephants in england"

Arje

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2010, 01:29:38 AM »
So all together we get something like:

Augustine was interested in the new European cultural relics being shown off at the STL Art museum. He had heard rumors of some of them being of great power, and he needed to get a sense of them if he was going to keep his eye on them. While he was there he ran into two other powers.

With the lure of relics from across some of the oldest places around, Peter finds the newest display impossible resist. While turning an apprassing eye to the relics, the security, and the ladies, he crossed paths and wits with an impressive gentleman of fortune (the literal kind) by the name of Augustine.

Mordred looked about the museum, not seeing the relic that drew him to the place, but taking comfort in the threshold of the building all the same. It was strong, a place of power, of learning, quite like the monastery he grew up in. Even though he carried his spear in plain sight, no one seemed to pay any mind to it, it was as if they just ignored him completely.

But Augustine saw the spear. And felt the tinge of another nearby magical presence. Then the grand unveiling of the collection's most important piece happened. It was the largest emerald any of them had ever seen, and it was set directly in the pommel of a very very large warhammer. Three sets of eyes with three sets of intentions suddenly focused on it.

(so what do we want to do kids? go after it? protect it from something nasty? both? something else?)

Bronnen

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2010, 01:35:23 AM »
(Well, if it's Mjolnir... That means he will kill anyone that gets in this way. So... I say demons)

Mordred's mouth dropped slightly as his eyes fell upon the hammer. His lips moving in a silent whisper. "Mjolnir" the word echoed forth, audible to none but the gods themselves. With purpose in his stride, he strode forward, pushing his way through the crowd to reach the front.