Author Topic: In Character thread; "We must not look at the goblin men."  (Read 81076 times)

Dogfish

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
Re: In Character thread; "We must not look at the goblin men."
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 01:03:34 PM »
The three of you huddle up by the cave mouth. A few of your kinsmen also walk over with more trepidation. The light is certainly moving towards you, hanging low and dark in the tunnel...clearly whatever it is shares your capability for seeing in the dank un-lit ruins. You know that from this entrance way there is a tunnel leading to the left that winds higher in the mountain and eventually joins into a couple of intertwined natural caves that themselves lead back into the main body of the Dwarven city. These caves serve as a means of gathering food as many fauna and flora have spread throughout. To the right is this prevailing dim light but you know what beyond it. A route that leads to the edge of one of several underground lakes and springs. These places are inherently dangerous as other clans and monstrous cave dwelling creatures tend to venture to them too, many an unwary goblin has been lost to a choker in the dark.

From what you remember of the tunnel it can fit about 4 goblins abreast and it takes a fairly direct route to the springs lasting a comfortable 20 minute walk. It principally slopes down from where you are now, with old carved stone steps where it gets to it's most steep.

malyss

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 12:17:05 AM »
Kanock looks back and glares briefly at the others before turning to look back down the tunnel.

"Light is coming this way... perhaps we hide and wait for it?" He says while concealing the nervousness he felt. Anything that brought light in the darkness they were used to was usually a very capable hunter. He would rather strike from afar and remain hidden if he could.

In case the others wanted to go into the tunnel instead of waiting, Kanock tried to think of good places to hide one he got out there, depending on what direction they took.

Dogfish

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2010, 08:42:10 AM »
The few of your kin that followed the three of you to the cave mouth begin to flee down the left handside, they snatch a few glances back before disapearing into the gloom.

Behind you is a jostling sound as the remaining few gather up any weapons, improvised or not, in the large hall.

They are going to make a stand.

KallMeKip

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 12:54:52 AM »
Griz scans the room looking for anything that weighs 20 pounds or less that he can use to make a barricade so that he can make a choke point/cover for the other goblins and him if he needs to escape

Vega Baby

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 01:22:39 AM »
Grub stands in the center of the hall, mentally preparing a spell to prevent violence about her.  If whoever or whatever it is happens to be intelligent, it may give her time to negotiate.  Otherwise, it would at least give her a chance to formulate a proper strategy...

OOC: Preparing a cast of Sanctuary.  If anything hostile looking pops around the corner, I plan to cast it immediately.

Dogfish

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 08:01:38 AM »
OOC:For Griz, there are plenty of bits of dwarven furniture, stuff made to be as hardy as it is functional. Perfect for a barricade.

As grub prepares the spell it feels as though her feet are laying on the top of a deep pool of the finest sludge. She sees Griz give her fellow kinsmen a few barked orders as they gather together piles of hardy looking benches and chairs. Piece by piece furniture is moved towards the entrance.

KallMeKip

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 08:39:43 PM »
"Does anyone have more water? If the thing uses fire for light I plan to put it out to give us an edge over them."
Griz grips his dogslicer wishing he had prepared more combat worthy spells today.

Dogfish

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2010, 05:34:24 PM »
OOC: I'll give Malyss another day, if he doesn't post then I'll move things along.

malyss

• Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 11:38:31 AM »
Kanock moves into the corridor and away from whatever is coming. He tries to find a place to hide that will give him a clear shot at the back of whatever it is if it intrudes him home.

Dogfish

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 01:27:48 PM »
OOC: Sorry for the delay.

From his hidden position from along the corridor Kanock gets the first view of everything that is occuring. Carrying a burning torch, more like a log, is a massive hulking only vaguely humanoid creature. You recognise it as a bugbear, a dreadful tenacious bully of the goblinoid race...though this one seems to have a more definate purpose. In procession behind the bugbear are goblins in what appear to be leathery gowns that you can't recognise. At the back you recognise some of your kin pulled along, wracked in chains.

For Griz and Grub the view is a bit more worrying. A large shadow cast from the torch stretches across the hall. There is a creaking and a crash as something large begins to smash it's way through the barrier.

OOC: Currently, for Griz and Grub, the bugbear has concealment but is still a viable target. Kanock you count 7 of the cloaked goblins, the bugbear and 5 of your kin. They don't seem to know you're there right now.

malyss

• Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2010, 10:30:38 AM »
OOC: How are Kanock's kin being guarded and can he see any weapons on the leather-clad ones?

Dogfish

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2010, 12:55:18 PM »
OOC: His kin are simply being dragged along by a single chain, each one tied to it by manacle looped through the gap. Each of the leather-clad goblins has a weapon of some sort ranging from a short sword to a morning star.

malyss

• Gimme some sugar baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2010, 03:39:20 AM »
Watching his kin from the darkness, Kanock readies his bow to strike out at the largest foe, waiting as long as he can, trying to see what his allies inside the cave are are doing. He considers, briefly, striking first, but some strange sense comes over him, compelling him to hold his arrow, in the hopes he doesn't draw too much attention to himself.

Vega Baby

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2010, 03:49:33 AM »
Grub finishes her prayer, and steps forward to the Bugbear. "Release my brethren, or face the consequences."

OOC: Casting Sanctuary, which means for one round, if I'm targeted for an attack, the attacker has to make a DC 14 Will save, or they lose their action.

Also, making an Intimidate check.  ;D

Rolling 1d20+1:
(17)+1: Total = 18

KallMeKip

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2010, 01:30:32 AM »
Seeing that his kin has just revealed their position Griz realizes that he must strike now.
OOC: I move 30 ft so I can fit as many As as I can in my color spray spell which is a 15ft cone. Then I cast Color spray. Will save DC 16 Or lots of fun stuff happens. If I cannot reach then and fit one or two in my cone then i hide instead.
"Fear My Raw arcane power Infidels!"