Author Topic: Where's Bill?  (Read 33352 times)

Patrick

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • No federal minimum wage for kobolds!
    • View Profile
Re: Where's Bill?
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2010, 03:09:07 PM »
Bill, you can thank me for this thread later; after you've fully comprehended the magnitude of love and respect that is being shown for you by many of the RPPR fans.

I know I'm not alone when I say that I look forward to your imminent return. The last few APs just haven't been the same without you...

[Resistance Is Futile... Have A Great Day!]

rayner23

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2010, 09:19:12 AM »
Cody, stop kissing Mike's ass! That is why I will never join the Cult Of The Crab. Pinchy is the only crab for me!!!

Crab?! You talkin' shit 'bout ma Lobsta god, mutha fucka?! Is Tad gonna have to chuck a bitch?

I couldn't have said it better myself and I appreciate that you channeled me for your response.
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

+1 Hat

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2010, 11:18:05 PM »
Bill, you can thank me for this thread later; after you've fully comprehended the magnitude of love and respect that is being shown for you by many of the RPPR fans.

I know I'm not alone when I say that I look forward to your imminent return. The last few APs just haven't been the same without you...

Thanks so much, I bask in your love and respect now, and in the monetary donations when they arrive. When should that be, this week some time?

Seriously, though, I did/do concern myself with how the fans see my contributions to the RPPR machine. Mike is entertaining, in a way, but he's also an ass, and somewhat counter-productive to enjoyable sessions, and I was waiting for the day when people began to see that.
Thanks for padding my ego!

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2010, 11:34:27 PM »
Seriously, though, I did/do concern myself with how the fans see my contributions to the RPPR machine. Mike is entertaining, in a way, but he's also an ass, and somewhat counter-productive to enjoyable sessions, and I was waiting for the day when people began to see that.

Mike's problem is that he isn't actually a role player. He's a min-maxing video game player rolling dice. Every game I've played with him, he has essentially played a sociopathic combat junky who has no idea how to interact in the game world. Good guy to have in a Halo game, but the worst person imaginable if you have to negotiate a treaty to end a war.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2010, 12:01:51 AM »

Mike's problem is that he isn't actually a role player. He's a min-maxing video game player rolling dice. Every game I've played with him, he has essentially played a sociopathic combat junky who has no idea how to interact in the game world. Good guy to have in a Halo game, but the worst person imaginable if you have to negotiate a treaty to end a war.

Teenage girl shooting out of the back window of an RV. I laughed myself stupid when Cody pushed Mike's character out of the way to save himself.

Boyos

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2010, 12:32:27 AM »

Teenage girl shooting out of the back window of an RV. I laughed myself stupid when Cody pushed Mike's character out of the way to save himself.

Lawl I forgot about that game!

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2010, 12:38:42 AM »
was that the fear itself game I put in the previews? I also forgot about that

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2010, 12:58:59 AM »
That was the Survival City Fear Itself game. Fourth of July "special" I believe. Cody was mayor elect and Mike was playing the teenage daughter of Kari's MILF character. Mike's character had recently killed her boyfriend, the same boyfriend that the mother had recently seduced. Among other things, Mike attempted to shot the shadow enemies.

You had some fucked up shit in that game. The people in that town freaked me out.

"Oh, the monster? Yeah, you don't want to initiate with like that. That'll mess you up good. You want to die a few times first, work your way up to that one."

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2010, 01:49:59 AM »
Bill, I think you add a lot to the games.

I think that you bring very strong element of thoughtful roleplay to the games that you participate in, not to mention a certain levity.

I like Cody for the exact opposite reason that I like you. I think that the both of you are basically two aspects of what I love about RPGs in general.

That being said, I find myself more and more annoyed by Mike. I agree 100% with your assessment; Mike really adds nothing to the games he participates in because he "plays" the same character...

I also find his antics tiresome, especially his tendency to "bully" and "talk-over" the other players. I think Mike honestly thinks that an RPG game is something you "win" and I find myself just wishing Ross would say "Yeah Mike, thats it! You win, YOU FUCKING WON DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS, now shut the fuck up for a minute and let the other RPPR guys ENJOY the game!"

Of course Ross is too diplomatic to do this, but a guy can wish.

That doesn't mean that I think Mike is a terrible human being or a bad guy. I just think that his urge to "dominate" the game and his ceaseless power-whoring is absurd and pointless and adds absolutely ZERO to the actual plays.

I mean hell, even Aaron is willing to explore different characters, albeit however tentatively, but the point is that he is willing to try!

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2010, 01:56:03 AM »
"Crab?! You talkin' shit 'bout ma Lobsta god, mutha fucka?! Is Tad gonna have to chuck a bitch?"

Yeah, your lobster god tastes good boiled and slathered in some warm butter!

Mmmmmmmmmmm Lobstah Clawz!!!

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2010, 11:23:47 AM »
Yeah, your lobster god tastes good boiled and slathered in some warm butter!

Mmmmmmmmmmm Lobstah Clawz!!!

Not bad. Now you just gotta work on that two day turn around time on the come back.

rayner23

• Machine. Unexpectantly, I invented a time
    • View Profile
    • Paladin Curse Blog
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2010, 11:26:17 AM »
Bill, I think you add a lot to the games.

I think that you bring very strong element of thoughtful roleplay to the games that you participate in, not to mention a certain levity.

I like Cody for the exact opposite reason that I like you. I think that the both of you are basically two aspects of what I love about RPGs in general.

Wait . . . I'm the opposite of thoughtful roleplay? What the hell does that mean?!
I'm from Alaska. About Fifty miles south of Ankorage there's a little fishing town, maybe you've heard of it, it's called fuck your momma.

Jason

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2010, 11:57:04 AM »

Wait . . . I'm the opposite of thoughtful roleplay? What the hell does that mean?!

Cody, need I remind you of the many inane terms you've coined that rattle around in my mind without end. Frog-snatch! Cum-shitters! Cthulhu! Ftaghn!
-Jason

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2010, 12:05:00 PM »

Well, the opposite of thoughtful roleplay would be unthinking reality.

beej

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2010, 01:34:39 PM »
You guys should try and get Bill in on some Cthuhlu action.   
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"