Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 428932 times)

Tim

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction
« Reply #315 on: March 27, 2014, 02:29:14 PM »

I fear you now have 7 days. Make the most of them.

Lordsloth

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 27, 2014, 04:17:17 PM »
Another Visitor! Stay awhile; stay forever!

It occurs to me that I've probably not introduced myself, either. Oh hai, guys! Chad here, Chados on the comments. 44; gaming since 1982; Trying to get my gaming group to play something other than D&D(the last couple iterations that everyone was tired of anyway).
Chados- the, uh... hands of fate.

stiefund

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 04, 2014, 12:58:58 AM »
Steve here. 31, married with a 13 month old daughter.

I've been playing tabletop RPGs since 1995, give or take, but back then we pretty much only played AD&D (2ed), and I remember trying out Shadowrun once.  Took a break in college when I couldn't convince any of my friends to give it a try, and then just started playing again via Google Hangouts about 2 years ago.  Since then, I've been trying out a little bit of anything I can get my hands on with my group.  I never used to GM but I'm pretty much the only one who's willing to GM for my current group -- so that's been a change.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 01:00:36 AM by stiefund »

Anxiety

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 15, 2014, 12:29:31 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm Zach, 21 years old. I've been listening to RPPR since around halfway through Know Evil and I finally worked up the courage to post something. I have a few sporadic games of D&D under my belt, but ever since hearing the podcast I been looking to seriously get into tabletop gaming. Here's to hoping I can find some games to play.

Harrowed

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 20, 2014, 02:27:31 AM »
Kevin here.

I've been listening to RPPR since I was in Delta Green game Ross ran at Gen Con 2013, it was a damn fine Con game.

I'm been playing and running, mostly running, RPG's since about 1985.

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 20, 2014, 12:12:27 PM »
Hi Kevin! Good to see another player from Ross' Gen Con '13 Operation: Eyes Down on the forum!

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #321 on: April 20, 2014, 01:54:04 PM »
Oh that was a good game. I'll probably put in the next RPPR B-sides package. When volume 2 comes out, PM me here if you were in the game and I'll send you B-sides for free.

Harrowed

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 21, 2014, 11:46:12 AM »
Oh that was a good game. I'll probably put in the next RPPR B-sides package. When volume 2 comes out, PM me here if you were in the game and I'll send you B-sides for free.

I'll do that, did you enjoy the cigar?

Kamen

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 21, 2014, 05:20:18 PM »

Aww, thanks Ross! Maybe you're not such a horrible monster after all. :P

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #324 on: April 27, 2014, 03:31:14 PM »

That was you? It was very good, best cigar (and only cigar) of my life.

Harrowed

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 28, 2014, 09:28:41 PM »

I figured that GM's running games at con's don't get enough thanks, and credit so I always try to bring something to hand over. Delta Green GM's get the better of the swag.

Jae.

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 29, 2014, 02:55:14 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm Jose. Jae (Jay) is fine too.

I'm 23, live in Canada, will be starting my Msc. in Psych in the Fall. I've been listening to RPPR for maybe 2 years now? It all blurs together. I get to use headphones during my part time so RPPR is one of the podcasts that stays in rotation, although I can't keep up with all the APs that get pumped out (I don't know how anyone does).

I started playing TTRPGS about the same time I started listening. I was always interested but didn't know how to even get started until a buddy mentioned that he used to play. He decided to run for a few sessions for us, we liked it and converted a few of our friends. It's since become a bit of a rotating GM-ship between him and I, and soon one of our players will be becoming a GM as well. I'll play anything, but I mostly GM "Dirty Hippy Games", like *World games, and Fate. My buddy runs 3.5 DnD, Classic Deadlands and the like.

Hope to become part of the conversation. Game Designer's Workshop series is the one the particularly lit a fire under my butt, and getting involved here seemed like a good place to start.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #327 on: April 29, 2014, 03:09:21 AM »

I figured that GM's running games at con's don't get enough thanks, and credit so I always try to bring something to hand over. Delta Green GM's get the better of the swag.

You are a scholar and a gentleman. If you bring booze next time, I will probably drink it during the game! Actually that seems like a violation of Gencon policy but definitely for the meetup  8)

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 29, 2014, 04:18:40 PM »

You are a scholar and a gentleman. If you bring booze next time, I will probably drink it during the game! Actually that seems like a violation of Gencon policy but definitely for the meetup  8)

"What did I roll. Well I rolled this lovely bottle of Scotch. I think that seems like a critical hit don't you Mr. GM."

This does beg the question should one plan on clearing the whole morning post meetup for recovery?

Teuthic

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • of the Bleak Cabal
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 29, 2014, 04:58:45 PM »
Bring Ross Malört. A horrible drink for a horrible monster!