Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 429006 times)

trinite

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast
Re: Introduction
« Reply #360 on: March 05, 2015, 10:01:57 AM »
RPPR Listener traits:

>Grad school
>Cats
>Beer
(*checks fridge*) Yep.
(*checks top of couch, foot of bed, and underneath table*) Yep.
(*checks stack of student loan bills*) Yep.
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

CADmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 05, 2015, 03:31:30 PM »
RPPR Listener traits:
Hm, let's see how I stack up.
>Grad school
Technical College
>Cats
Well I like cats, but I wouldn't subject them to life in my apartment.
>Beer
Yes.  And Rye & Ginger.  But that may be because I'm a hoser.
CADmonkey: G+; Tumblr
Yo Dawg, I Heard You Like Mecha: G+; Tumblr

D6xD6 - Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 05, 2015, 11:54:34 PM »
I am currently drinking a beer while working on a thesis with a kitty on my lap.

I hate you, Ross. 

Morbid

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 06, 2015, 02:33:45 PM »
Yeah, I didn't mean to represent the average so well.  Listening to RPPR seems a bit inevitable now.

Thorn

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 06, 2015, 03:56:14 PM »
Masters Degree.
Four pack of Bourbon Barrel Ale.
Lazy as cat laying on the heating vent (no wonder it is getting cold)

Embrace the sterotype.

Alethea

• View Profile
    • LauraBWrites
« Reply #365 on: March 07, 2015, 08:55:22 PM »
RPPR Listener traits:

>Grad school
Master's degree, check
>Cats
Well, the partner is in grad school, so... no money, no time, no cat. Although we want one...

>Beer
Alcohol gives me migraines (no, not a hangover, an actual migraine). But there's beer in the house (the partner's and for guests). Close enough?
All the social media:
Website | Tumblr | Twitter | GoodReads

The Lost Carol

• The Calvinist Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 19, 2015, 10:30:30 PM »
Greetings, everyone! I'm The Lost Carol, AKA Greg. I'm from [REDACTED] in Northeast Ohio. First time caller, long time listener. I looked up RPG podcasts after I got into the hobby a few years ago and RPPR immediately caught my eye because it not only talked about RPGs but played them. My first APs were Polybius (Still my fav) and the Night Clerk, which were pretty good intros to the group and to the world outside of 2.5. I've grown to love RPGs, but sadly don't play them as much as I'd like. My group only does a 2.5 D&D campaign and we're lucky to meet once a month. I hope GM and get them into EP or some of the other books I've bought like CoC, MaOCT, or Slasher Flick, or maybe find some players online after my life settles down.

RPPR Listener traits:

>Grad school
>Cats
>Beer

>Grad School
Fail. Though I am a college graduate, '10 with a BA in Mass Media Communication... not that it's done anything for me, of course.

>Cats
Fail. No pets. Though I bet Ross doesn't mind lol

>Beer
Fail. Hate alcohol, though not for lack of trying.  Guess I'll need some new traits.  ;D
Need more Actual Play goodness? Visit http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/ for Red Markets Beta, Call of Cthulhu, Eclipse Phase, and more!

Telivan

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 12, 2015, 10:27:58 AM »
Hey, I'm Matthew. I'm 20 years old and currently living in Ottawa, ON and have been lurking around on the site for awhile. I started playing rpgs around 2ish years ago in a 4e game that a friend from university invited me too. Around this time I picked up the core rules for Eclipse Phase which has sat on my shelf majestically for the same amount of time. I recently starting DMing my own Eclipse Phase game after the pain of trying to get a stable group together.

I've been listening to RPPR for around a year now and was brought to it via the EP forums list of actual play podcasts. Binge listening to Know Evil and the first few one-shots gave me the courage to start working toward DMing my own games of EP.

I enjoy listening to the main podcast and GDW and the APs when I can find a way to sit down listen to them for 2 - 3 hours. I have also pledge to stop lurking as much and become more sociable.

FlexyCarlos

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 09, 2015, 11:45:38 AM »
Hey all, I'm Carl.  I'm 27 from Portsmouth, England, been listening to the podcast for quite a long time but never really paid much attention to the forums.  I joined a RP club of about 16 people last year and we normally have 3 different games on each week. 

Just started to GM games myself and it's something I really want to get good at.  Planning on doing a 12 week Base Raiders campaign next. 

The first actual play I listened too was "The Shard" AFMBE game set in England.  So so funny.  Keep up the good work guys.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #369 on: July 09, 2015, 05:06:08 PM »
Awesome! With Boiling Point out, you can easily get a campaign started. After the PCs finish BP, they should be a good position to go on their own adventures.

trinite

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 09, 2015, 06:28:12 PM »
Greetings, Matthew and Carl! G/C/B? (Grad School/Cats/Beer?)
Check out the Technical Difficulties Gaming Podcast!
http://www.technicaldifficultiespod.com/

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #371 on: July 09, 2015, 06:32:30 PM »
Would the better RRPR cover band name be "Graduate School, Cats, and Beer" or "Graduate Cats Drinking Beer"?

FlexyCarlos

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 10, 2015, 02:44:00 AM »
Awesome! With Boiling Point out, you can easily get a campaign started. After the PCs finish BP, they should be a good position to go on their own adventures.

Yeah I grabbed all the PDFs from DriveThru last week. With them and listening to the Actual plays I should be OK hopefully.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #373 on: July 10, 2015, 06:45:21 PM »

Yeah I grabbed all the PDFs from DriveThru last week. With them and listening to the Actual plays I should be OK hopefully.

Be sure to check out our thread on Base Raiders: http://slangdesign.com/forums/index.php/topic,1681.0.html

Tons of usable NPCs, scenario ideas, and more.

themarkerslinger

• View Profile
    • My daily sketch art blog.
« Reply #374 on: August 10, 2015, 02:58:54 PM »
Hey everyone!

I'm Michael, I'm 24 and live in San Francisco. I've been listening to RPPR for around 3 years or so now and I love it.

I DM and PC, and my friends and I are currently attempting to make our own homebrews without striding into heart breaker country. I'm currently doing freelance illustration to try and get enough currency rectangles to get accreditation in scientific illustration or pursue my masters in entomology.

I love playing table tops and I like making up weird worlds for people to explore.
If you like weird out of context fiction and fictional field guides check out my Gum Road:
https://gumroad.com/markerslinger
Also my daily art blog:
http://markerslinger.tumblr.com/