Author Topic: Vox Ut Verum (Skype game)  (Read 51628 times)

Arje

• Play by Post Dude. Malcontent.
  • Global Moderator
  • Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
    • View Profile
Vox Ut Verum (Skype game)
« on: July 25, 2010, 01:12:31 AM »
I will be running a skype game for interested players Monday night at 7pm CST. It might be a regular thing.

Game is Mutants & Masterminds.

PL 7 105pps.

Characters are somewhere between high school age, and young adults(grad students). These people have been selected for a special "internship" with a multinational corporation. Feel free to individualize why you were selected for the internship. Some players might be marketing interns and some might be business interns, etc. (these are examples. Be creative. It's a Laaaaarge multinational)

At max, you may spend 90pps. At least, you may spend 50pps before hand. No powers, as they will be provided you early in the session.  Please try to have your character ready beforehand. The earlier you PM me your character sheet, the more prepared and detailed your powers will be.

Please use my M&M template, and total all your power points before hand.

Please also have a paragraph or two of backstory, and any vital statistics.

Looking for 4-6 players, but I will take more if the concept is good enough. I know this is short notice, if people are having trouble, i will be available all day tomorrow.

My gmail is rayejaye@gmail.com. Email or PM me with questions.

It's 2010 in a world nearly identical to the real one. No super powers, and no real super science to speak of. Veritas Pharmaceuticals, part of the Dreyland-Magnus portfolio, (Dreyland-Magnus is a Fortune 10 holding company and multinational investment firm) is hiring. Stock options, Health, Dental, 3 weeks paid vacation, and 120,000 dollar salary out of the gate. They have two dozen of these "internships", and as you can imagine in this rundown economy, the competition  is fierce. They've received tens of thousands of applicants, because their application was vague, unspecified, and mentioned specifically that they would "Seriously entertain all inquiries. No medical experience necessary. Applicants from all fields and levels of experience needed." It seems too good to be true, but the last time they did this was in the late 80's, and those interns went on to become titans of industry, CEO's and celebrities. They all credit Veritas with their success.

You have been selected. The job offered seems tailor made to your skills and interests.

Welcome to Veritas Industries. Veritas. Truth. Health. American IngenuityTM solving the World's Problems.
Veritas Industries is a subsidiary of Dreyland-Magnus. Warning: "Truth" may differ from objective facts in our rational universe. Disclaimer: American Ingenuity, a trademark of Dreyland-Magnus, may be exported to overseas job markets as required to stay globally competitive.  
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 02:48:12 AM by Arje »
My new goal in life is to play D&D with Judi Dench

Atlas

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Skype game. Monday 7/26
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 01:22:55 AM »
Definitely interested, just let me think up a character and I'll get back to you on Steam.

Arje

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 01:27:01 AM »
to be clear, the M&M template I would like you to use is in the Resources and Templates section of the forums.

Arje

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 05:53:37 PM »
We have two so far, someone contacted me by email.

So if you were waiting, come dip your toes in! 1 more and I can just add an NPC character for an even 4.

But i'd like 4-6 players.

....Its uhhh....a thankyou, yes, a thankyou to the Codex of War contributers.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 07:27:52 PM »
I wasn't originally going to do this because I have done too much RPG and other stuff lately, but it appears that the Infrno game that Ean is running won't allow all players, so if I end up passing on that, I will check on joining up with you tomorrow.  I'll know by later this evening.  I don't suppose there would be any way to push it back a bit or be able to show up late (7:30-8:00 your time would be a great deal easier for me to make)?  I don't want to inconvenience you, but it would help me be able to make it (assuming I end up being able to that is), but if not, I'm cool.

Arje

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 07:40:00 PM »
That would be fine. I can work it into the story.

Atlas

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 09:12:36 PM »
This is what I have.   

Growing up, Harrison Bailey had always lived a sheltered, stable life with his parents Jonathan, and Laura Bailey. Early in his life, Harrison developed a fascination with buildings and their structure, admiring how every piece was designed particularly for a specific goal in mind and never straying from it's purpose, this blueprint ideal translated to Harrison's philosophy, and outlook on life.
     Harrison was home schooled until the age of 18, where he scored exceptionally well on his college entrance exams and was accepted by Cornell University for an undergraduate degree in architecture. Pursuing his life goal was easy for Harrison, absorbing himself in his studies and ignoring the outside world was even easier for him.
      Recently  Harrison's family life has become destabilized, his parents fight more often causing stress, and confusion to the young man. Harrison understands that husband and wife are supposed to be a cohesive team, a loving pair, he does not understand the concept of lovers quarrels, that is not in the intended purpose of having a spouse so it should not exist.
   Thankfully, Harrison has garnered a work placement in a very successful company, hoping this will take his mind off his troubles at home.

Harrison Bailey

PL: 7 (87/105)

Abilities: STR: +1 (12), DEX: +3 (16), CON: +1 (12), INT: +4 (18), WIS: +0 (10), CHA: +1 (12)

Skills: Computers 5 (+9), Diplomacy 4 (+5), Drive 1 (+4), Knowledge (architecture ) 5 (+9), Notice 10 (+10), Search 10 (+14), Sense Motive 2 (+2), Swim 2 (+3)

Feats: All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (melee), Defensive Roll 3, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 3, Fighting Style: Karate, Genius, Improved Block 2, Improved Disarm 2, Improvised Weapons, Instant Up, Power Attack, Quick Study, Stunning Attack

Base Attack and Defense: Attack + 7, Defense +9

Combat: Attack Bonus - +7 (Ranged: +7, Melee: +8, Grapple: +9), Defense + 9 (+5 flatfooted) Initiative +3

Saves: Tough: +1/+5, Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +4

Abilities 20 + Skills 10 (39 ranks) + Feats 19 + Powers 0 + Combat 32 + Saves 6 + Drawbacks 0 = 87

Arje

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 09:21:33 AM »
This, This I can work with.

Arje

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 12:55:41 PM »
Fuzzy Dan will be joining us.

We have 4 players currently.

There is room for 2 or 3 more.... Spots are filling up fast, come one, come all and all of that.

Cody. CODY. COOOODY.

Dude you should totally play with us.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 12:59:32 PM »
Cody is in Alaska.

Arje

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 01:43:46 PM »
Shooting wolves from helicopters? I know that's been a dream of his since he first heard about it.

Arje

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 02:12:33 PM »
I just realized I never posted the backstory. I feel a fool.

It's 2010 in a world nearly identical to the real one. No super powers, and no real super science to speak of. Veritas Pharmaceuticals, part of the Dreyland-Magnus portfolio, (Dreyland-Magnus is a Fortune 10 holding company and multinational investment firm) is hiring. Stock options, Health, Dental, 3 weeks paid vacation, and 120,000 dollar salary out of the gate. They have two dozen of these "internships", and as you can imagine in this rundown economy, the competition  is fierce. They've received tens of thousands of applicants, because their application was vague, unspecified, and mentioned specifically that they would "Seriously entertain all inquiries. No medical experience necessary. Applicants from all fields and levels of experience needed." It seems too good to be true, but the last time they did this was in the late 80's, and those interns went on to become titans of industry, CEO's and celebrities. They all credit Veritas with their success.

You have been selected. The job offered seems tailor made to your skills and interests.

Welcome to Veritas Industries. Veritas. Truth. Health. American IngenuityTM solving the World's Problems.
Veritas Industries is a subsidiary of Dreyland-Magnus. Warning: "Truth" may differ from objective facts in our rational universe. Disclaimer: American Ingenuity, a trademark of Dreyland-Magnus, may be exported to overseas job markets as required to stay globally competitive.  

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 03:29:49 PM »
Shooting wolves from helicopters? I know that's been a dream of his since he first heard about it.

From the video posted ealyer I do belive hes shooting bears with sara pallin from a helicopter.

FuzzyDan

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • Official Keeper of The Line.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 06:53:05 PM »
Trying to keep it simple, and I still suck at writing.

Little Joey got into fights.  Quite often.  His parents were incredibly concerned about this tendency and spent a small fortune on one of the best child psychologists in New York.  Joey was mentally reconditioned to turn this energy into a competitive tendency that tended to be compulsive.  As he got older, his parents directed him to wrestling and an eclectic sampling of martial arts.  He won match after match and took first place in state contests all four years of high school.

After high school, Joey was accepted to Columbia for a wrestling scholarship.  Always concerned that "Little" Joey would regress to his more violent tendencies, Mama Girabaldi kept close tabs on her son while he was away from home, even going so far as to influence his academic curriculum to major in Human Rights, hoping that her son would find a cause to fight for as opposed to a person to fight against.

As he ended his college career, Joey came to a sudden realization:  Not everyone is willing to fight, but they are willing to pay people to fight on their behalf.  He spent the summer before his senior year as working for a Security firm, and was assigned as part of a backup security detail for one of the firm's VIPs.  Joey happened to be at the right place and the right time and took out a would-be attacker before any of the veteran guards even noticed.  After that, Joey secured a big enough reference to land any job he could ever want.

Joseph Girabaldi II

PL:7 (90/105pp)

Abilities: STR: 16 (+3) DEX: 16 (+3) CON: 16 (+3) INT: 10 (-) WIS: 14 (+2) CHA: 12 (+1)

Skills: Acrobatics 7 (+10), Bluff 2 (+3), Climb 7 (+10), Computers 1 (+1), Concentration (+2), Craft, Diplomacy (+1), Disable Device (0), Disguise (+1), Drive 5 (+8), Escape Artist 7 (+10), Gather Information 2 (+3), Handle Animal (+1), Intimidate 7 (+8), Investigate 2 (+2), Knowledge  (Behavioral Sciences) 1  (+1) (Business) 2  (+2) (Civics) 1 (+1) (Current Events) 1 (+1) (Pop Culture) 2 (+2) (Streetwise) 2 (+2) (Tactics) 3 (+3), Language, Medicine (+2), Notice 5 (+7), Perform, Pilot 4 (+7), Profession, Ride, Search, Sense Motive 3 (+5), Sleight of Hand, Stealth 5 (+8), Survival 5 (+8), Swim 5 (+8)

Feats: Combat Feats -: Melee Attack Focus +2,  Blind Fight, Chokehold, Critical Strike, Defensive Roll 2, Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Improved Pin, Improved Throw, Improved Trip, Prone Fighting, Redirect, Improved Initiative, Stunning Attack (16) Fortune Feats -: Luck (1) General Feats -:  Ambidexterity, Assessment, Diehard, Fearless, Instant Up (5) Skill Feats -:  Hide in Plain Sight, Startle, Skill Mastery (Acrobatics, Climb, Escape Artist, Swim) (3)

Powers:

Base Attack And Defense: +4 Base Attack Bonus and +5 Base Defense Bonus

Combat: Attack Melee + 9, Ranged +7 Defense +8 (+5 Flat-footed) Init +7

Saves: Toughness +3(+5) Fortitude +2(+5) Reflex +0(+3) Will +1 (+3)

Abilities 24 + Skills 20 (80 Ranks) + Feats 25 + Powers -- + Combat 18 + Saves 3 - Drawbacks 0 = 90 pp's
- Dan, Adding one to his Darkspiral Aura.

mrlr

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 07:06:47 PM »
Aww, If only I had seen this earlier I would have been all over this.

Although I don't know the system...

or how to make a character...

or have any of the books...

BUT if it weren't for those three things, I would have been totally up for it.  Have fun, though.