Author Topic: The Heroes of New Arcadia - RPPR Superheroes campaign - Wild Talents  (Read 578726 times)

beej

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
Re: The Heroes of New Arcadia - RPPR Superheroes campaign - Wild Talents
« Reply #330 on: August 18, 2011, 02:44:54 PM »
No idea what 'Breaking Dawn' is.  The eclipse stories are fun to listen to but all the mechanics sounds super complex and pain in the cyber sleeve butt to run.  CoC, MoaCT and WT sounded alot simpler, which is why I picked up the books and started running them.   Half the reason I listen to the APs is to learn the system.  I learned how to GM through the New World game and regular shows.
"Old R'lyeh Brewery. Enjoy a cold one on the Great Old One!"

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #331 on: August 18, 2011, 03:11:24 PM »
Breaking Dawn is the fourth book in the Twilight series, Eclipse is the third. I was drawing the parrallel as a humorous aside since you said "eclipse" and not "Eclipse Phase".

hi Tad! I was the one shocked to see you in the Unspeakable Oath AP. you didn't sound spacey.

I cover it well then. It was about midnight when we started that game and it was the second game we'd run that night AFTER having a huge italian dinner. I was tired and a little less on the ball than normal. I was also trying to behave like a skeptic through the whole thing, which got really hard towards the end. I was also trying to throw out amazingly unlikely theories.

=3 where's that name come from?

Short version: a character in the Usagi Yojimbo comics: Oyama Tadanori. I reversed the naming (since the comics use Japanese naming conventions I reversed it since I was American). Liked the character for his title: Lord of Owls. I love owls. I've stuck with it since high school. People generally call me Tad or Oyama to shorten it and I decided to use "Tad" at the Cons because it doesn't sounds as pretentious as a clearly American voice using the name "Oyama".

crawlkill

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • helo
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 18, 2011, 03:37:54 PM »
I was also trying to behave like a skeptic through the whole thing, which got really hard towards the end.

I felt your skepticism! I didn't realize you were just a friendly until late in the scenario (or maybe I'm misremembering?) and it was a great 'oh whoa right' moment. and the strange background screamish sounds were the best possible backdrop to STALKER, as I mighta said in that Unspeakable Oath comment.

Short version: a character in the Usagi Yojimbo comics: Oyama Tadanori. and I decided to use "Tad" at the Cons because it doesn't sounds as pretentious as a clearly American voice using the name "Oyama".

This! I was mostly wondering if you were one of those hidden Bay Area Japanese dudes I grew up around or something. I agree that Tad fits bettah as a face to face name.

<QUOTE ROSS TONMONEY> ABLOO BLOO </QUOTE> yeah sure holding out for those RPPR episode ransombucks. the first pod is always free. unrelated: do you have a donation jar? this is a thing I'm looking into right now.

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 18, 2011, 07:55:50 PM »
Breaking Dawn is the fourth book in the Twilight series, Eclipse is the third. I was drawing the parrallel as a humorous aside since you said "eclipse" and not "Eclipse Phase".

Who here has actually read all four twilight books?

Raises hand cautiously

Moondog

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 18, 2011, 08:18:34 PM »
I read the 4th one. Out loud. Because it has: vampire fang c-section, psychic-human-vampire-god telepathic adult-intelligence baby (strong enough that it breaks Bella's spine when it kicks as all infants do), creepy pedowerewolf, and just for the simple fact that Edward's super powered thrusts knock Bella into the headboard of the bed so hard she gets knocked unconscious (but he keeps going anyway).

And she comes back for more.

It's just so stupid it must be read, like watching a slow motion, Michael Bay trainwreck.
Currently Reading: FIGHT!: The Fighting Game RPG! (it owns)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #335 on: August 18, 2011, 11:09:05 PM »
I read the 4th one. Out loud. Because it has: vampire fang c-section, psychic-human-vampire-god telepathic adult-intelligence baby (strong enough that it breaks Bella's spine when it kicks as all infants do), creepy pedowerewolf, and just for the simple fact that Edward's super powered thrusts knock Bella into the headboard of the bed so hard she gets knocked unconscious (but he keeps going anyway).

It's just so stupid it must be read, like watching a slow motion, Michael Bay trainwreck.

And their making the movie. It's gonna be the most awesome train wreck ever. It won't even need the Rifftrax to be sidesplitting.

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 19, 2011, 01:57:51 PM »

And their making the movie. It's gonna be the most awesome train wreck ever. It won't even need the Rifftrax to be sidesplitting.

I hope they play it totally serious and include everything in the movie. Because it will be the best thing.

beej

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 19, 2011, 02:29:01 PM »
Granted moondog's description is hilarious; you all disgust me with your reading of twilight.  A pox on all your houses!

Z

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 19, 2011, 03:49:23 PM »
if you have not read every good book why would you dedicate time to reading bad books

"yeah i didn't improve my life but at least i got to laugh and compare myself favorably to a 14 year old"

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #339 on: August 19, 2011, 04:22:25 PM »
A good book might change my outlook on life. A really good book might make me rethink my life and change my perspective. What if I don't like my new perspective from my current perspective?

That's why I always have a Beta Fork read my books for me. If I think he sounds like a prick afterwards than I don't reintrigrate him.

Moondog

• A soul in polyhedron
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 19, 2011, 04:36:31 PM »
Granted moondog's description is hilarious; you all disgust me with your reading of twilight.  A pox on all your houses!

Well having recently re-read the Altered Carbon trilogy, I had to read a terrible book so as not to ruin myself for future books you see.

Vega Baby

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 19, 2011, 07:35:33 PM »
if you have not read every good book why would you dedicate time to reading bad books

"yeah i didn't improve my life but at least i got to laugh and compare myself favorably to a 14 year old"

Yes, because every moment of our waking lives should be spent improving ourselves constantly, and just doing something for fun means you are a terrible person.  :P

Also, why can't reading a bad book improve your life?  It at least improves your writing if you learn from the author's mistakes. Laughter is good for you anyway.

BenignSpy

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 19, 2011, 08:30:17 PM »
That's why I always have a Beta Fork read my books for me. If I think he sounds like a prick afterwards than I don't reintrigrate him.

Awesome.
Who Dares, Wins

Z

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 20, 2011, 09:34:40 AM »
encoding new episode on the rppr mainframe

:I

beej

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 20, 2011, 01:29:18 PM »
I improve my life with scotch, the community APs and fat bottem girls.