Author Topic: The Heroes of New Arcadia - RPPR Superheroes campaign - Wild Talents  (Read 580167 times)

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
Re: The Heroes of New Arcadia - RPPR Superheroes campaign - Wild Talents
« Reply #480 on: October 06, 2012, 01:47:41 AM »
are you using the basic setup of "all the superheroes and villains disappear overnight" ?

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #481 on: October 06, 2012, 10:43:18 AM »
I am. I ran a World War 2 Mutants and Masterminds game before this so I'm using the world they created in that game (which was filled with extremely powerful supers) as the history for the Base Raiders game. Basically their old characters and some of the NPCs they worked with became the Ideal. It seemed to make a bit more impact on the players since they actually care (out of character) about the world since they helped build it and where their old characters have gone.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #482 on: October 08, 2012, 09:56:33 PM »
Something for my upcoming game of Base Raiders. It struck me in the moment and I continue to find it humorous.

Attached: a depiction of "Dr. Zoidberg", a Lootian character in the animated series "Futurama". The show is both praised and derided for the character. It was the first prime time network show to feature a Lootian in a non-villainous role. Even though if the voice actor is human the animations for the Zoidberg character are model captured from a Lootian performer to capture Lootian emotional expressions then adjusted to fit the more humanoid frame of the character. Hidden "claw sign" in the character design is especially entertaining to the fans of Lootian culture that have flocked to the show.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #483 on: October 08, 2012, 10:31:10 PM »
hahaha nice. I dig it.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #484 on: October 09, 2012, 02:42:16 PM »
<a href="" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"></a>

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #485 on: October 11, 2012, 11:40:26 AM »
We had our first session Tuesday. They managed to make peace with the other group who was stealing from the base and split the stuff they were able to get loose from it's holding cells. However the security systems got hold of them and they almost got trapped in the underground facility with no air but managed to get out just in time. They also burned down their office building in the process so they didn't get their last week work of pay.

They pooled the money they had left to rent some lab space and used it to cobble together the stuff they found into things they could use.

So we have a hyper-coordinated sharper shooter; a mystical martial artist who can teleport to block attacks; a psychic that people think is a magician; another psychic, this one because he got exposed to an alien organism that bonded to his brain; and finally a guy with a lucky medallion that is, in reality, a leprechaun who was dropped into his own molten gold.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #486 on: October 12, 2012, 12:57:02 AM »
this would have extremely useful if I had it for the new arcadia campaign http://arcdream.com/home/?p=1323

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #487 on: October 17, 2012, 06:21:45 PM »
Okay so the first real session with their abilities and the players managed to get jobs, all of them crappy, and start renting a warehouse to use as their secret base.

One of them had to move back in with his parents, one couldn't get hired by a gunstore so he ended up working at a gun range, the martial artist is working under the table as an athletics instructor at a community college; their about as street level as you can get.

Best part: they are starting to explore the idea of selling off the rest of their super-stuff stash. They've already sold at least one dose of super soldier drugs over the internet (and then laundered the money through DeviantArt and PayPal). This is shaping up to be glorious.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #488 on: October 17, 2012, 11:03:13 PM »
Awesome! In other good news, I plan to launch the Kickstarter in the next day or so. It was approved by the staff so I just need to proofread it one last time and then post it.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #489 on: October 18, 2012, 11:18:38 AM »
What's the developement time looking like for Base Raiders, Ross? We've got 30 days for the Kickstarter (I assume) followed by the actual writing and then the formating and illustration layout. It's probably going to be a big project. Are we gonna be able to get hold of Base Raiders before, let's say, Feburary?

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #490 on: October 18, 2012, 01:25:39 PM »
I'm looking at July of next year for publication - I have to commission a lot of artwork and that takes a long time. Plus printing the books of course.

However, I plan to have a playtest PDF for high end backers by February. I'm basically stapling the powers rules from Kerberos Club FATE edition to a reworded Spirit of the Century SRD and adding a few new systems and rules. Nothing too revolutionary. 

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #491 on: October 18, 2012, 02:16:22 PM »
You need a marketing guy to spice that pitch up for you.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK

Review Cultist

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 18, 2012, 09:27:58 PM »
Yup, your getting my money Ross.