Author Topic: Where do you listen to RPPR?  (Read 56451 times)

Herrigold

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Where do you listen to RPPR?
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2011, 12:50:53 AM »
You know that may be true. There's a related new form 'Let's Play' guided walkthroughs of video games. They are getting to be quite popular and some LPers have extremely dedicated fanbases. I find it fascinating that interactive storytelling forms have become linear storytelling forms through APs and LPs.

Yeah, but I think it's the fact that you're witnessing the way a story develops, even though it turns out linearly, and knowing it could have happened differently. There's a creative element that's really important. I like listening to the birthing of ideas and creativity, it really gets my mind going.
It's too late to be clever. I'll try being adventurous.

Charlie72

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2011, 01:00:28 AM »
You know that may be true. There's a related new form 'Let's Play' guided walkthroughs of video games. They are getting to be quite popular and some LPers have extremely dedicated fanbases. I find it fascinating that interactive storytelling forms have become linear storytelling forms through APs and LPs.
This reminds me that I need to get caught up on Let's Play Dungeons and Dragons.

Kristastic357

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
    • http://facebook.com/doctorbludgeony
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2011, 01:16:16 AM »
I just saw a topic asking how one found out about RPPR, but it was approximately a year old, and I decided that thread necromancy wasn't something to practice, especially when one is brand new to a forum. So I'm glad to see something like this. :D

Anyhoo, I listen to RPPR while I'm at work. I recently (beginning of Feb) began a security position, where my job is literally to sit in a little shack by a gate and write down license plates while people drive in and out. That's it. So, my first day on the job I downloaded the Listen app for my Android. I actually did a search for "World of Darkness", and I ended up stumbling across the Morality episode of RPPR. After giving it a listen, I found out that I thought Ross and Tom were genius, hilarious, and quite interesting to listen to.

I continue to listen because .. quite simply, they keep me enraptured. The topics they discuss are interesting, and I've heard a lot of ideas on their podcast that never would have come to me otherwise.

Hell, I just bought Monsters and Other childish Things because Ross kept mentioning it, and I've fallen in love with the book so far!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 01:19:17 AM by Kristastic357 »

Flawless P

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2011, 12:52:19 AM »
I just saw a topic asking how one found out about RPPR, but it was approximately a year old, and I decided that thread necromancy wasn't something to practice, especially when one is brand new to a forum. So I'm glad to see something like this. :D

Anyhoo, I listen to RPPR while I'm at work. I recently (beginning of Feb) began a security position, where my job is literally to sit in a little shack by a gate and write down license plates while people drive in and out. That's it. So, my first day on the job I downloaded the Listen app for my Android. I actually did a search for "World of Darkness", and I ended up stumbling across the Morality episode of RPPR. After giving it a listen, I found out that I thought Ross and Tom were genius, hilarious, and quite interesting to listen to.

I continue to listen because .. quite simply, they keep me enraptured. The topics they discuss are interesting, and I've heard a lot of ideas on their podcast that never would have come to me otherwise.

Hell, I just bought Monsters and Other childish Things because Ross kept mentioning it, and I've fallen in love with the book so far!

I found RPPR through Google Listen on my Android as well! Good stuff.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
If you can't fix it with duck tape you haven't used enough.
I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.

Kristastic357

• View Profile
    • http://facebook.com/doctorbludgeony
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2011, 08:56:30 PM »
It is indeed! I have no idea what I would have done with my life were it not for RPPR!

Z

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2011, 05:35:43 PM »
i recently discovered that rppr is a great soundtrack for gettin' swole

NOTHING PULLS ME OUT OF A DEEP SQUAT LIKE AN ECLIPSE PHASE ACTUAL PLAY

Shallazar

• Oregon Trail 13 Superstar
  • I AM TOM!
    • View Profile
    • Never do Nothing
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2011, 03:01:39 AM »
Put some APs on my Kindle... that's cool right? I listened while gettin' my bronze on by the ole above ground pool.
I wish I was Tom.

Granted, you are now Tom.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2011, 03:46:58 AM »
IT IZ VERBOTEN

nah j/k lol

Jbreuhan

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2011, 03:05:21 AM »
I listen to RPPR when I am falling asleep, causing some surreal dreams some times, I can tell you. I also listen to them on my long commutes to university. There is a small, yet vital part of me that dies each time I realize I've run out of RPPR...

- Jonas

Salkovich

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
  • Concupiscent Piranha of the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2011, 03:30:07 AM »
I listen to RPPR when I am falling asleep, causing some surreal dreams some times, I can tell you. I also listen to them on my long commutes to university. There is a small, yet vital part of me that dies each time I realize I've run out of RPPR...

- Jonas

I've said this before: I do the same exact thing. Which doesn't turn out well when it's an Eclipse Phase AP and my dreams become weird as shit.
"It's heresy. Burn the heretics." - Ross Payton NEVAR FORGET
"If you are asked, 'Would you like Abraham Lincoln', your answer is always YES."

Dawnsteel

• Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2011, 10:10:59 PM »
I listen to RPPR any/everywhere that I can use headphones. Not at work, so much, because I have to answer phones, talk to customers, vendors, and so forth. At the gym, at the grocery store (any large store, ally, because what better projects the signal, "leave me the fuck alone" than wearing headphones?), doing cleaning or housework. Lover in the Ice was my companion while I refinished my kitchen walls. Ben Baugh's Candlewick Manor helped me phase in-and-out of sleep on the overnight flight to Paris. Don't Rest Your Head entertained me on the drive from San Antonio to Austin a couple of months ago.
When I was hospitalized last summer, I had a William Gibson novel and my iPod: I listened and re-listened to a LOT of RPPR while trying to sleep, or doped up on painkillers.
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2011, 10:49:56 PM »
... re-listened to a LOT of RPPR while trying to sleep, or doped up on painkillers.

Sweet Jesus, what does RPPR sound like on morphine?
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Dawnsteel

• Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2011, 11:48:00 PM »
Sweet Jesus, what does RPPR sound like on morphine?

My memories are hazy and unreliable, from the combination of drugs and delirium. I remember laughing loudly enough (i don't remember the specific line) that a nurse came to check on me. I think Candle Cove was among the podcasts I listened to, and I can categorically state that narcotics take a lot of the sinister edges off the game, yielding a funhouse-like dreamscape of cheerful pirates and strange puppets.
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

doctorscraps

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2011, 08:22:52 PM »
Usually on my ipon while I'm cleaning up the apartment, thinking of ways of why I disagree with whatever nonsense Ross just happened to say.
When the GM can't roll higher than a ten on the D20, he see's his plot points flash before his eyes.

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2011, 10:58:48 PM »
Been listening to the podcast, AP, Community AP and Unspeakable Oath pretty intensely over the past few weeks whenever I got the chance.  Finally I am basically all caught up after listening mainly while riding the bus to campus and then walking around campus between classes...

Oh, and when I cook and wash dishes, that's a good time too...