Author Topic: Rogue Trader game. Not play by post exactly.  (Read 226040 times)

Dawnsteel

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader game. Not play by post exactly.
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2010, 02:38:26 PM »
My new favorite Tadanori line:
"You encompass the alien in the gentle caress of your hand, which is large enough to crush its entire torso..."
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2010, 02:45:15 PM »
Well when your decked out in Powered Armor...

I'd forgotten about Neil's new "in your face" style of command. Keepin' that Navigator in line.

nbneil

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2010, 04:36:28 PM »
I decided I need more Hitler in the character since he's become "unsettled". Also, it was the guy's first trip and he really f-ed it up. I wanted to just crush his neck after his comment but he had me on the need for a Navigator. Just wait until I can replace him. Then we'll see how mouthy he is.
Check out the NerdBound podcast on iTunes or at NerdBound
Follow me on Twitter @nbneil

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2010, 05:01:33 PM »
I'm looking forward to it. You should know that Navigator's operate in Houses (similar to guilds) and have long running bloodlines with rivalries and allies.

Because they are essential to continued space travel they are vital. But because they have seperate houses they don't have a true monopoly.

Before the next game your Navigator is going to change because after what you did to the guy he isn't gonna stay on your ship (our of equal parts humiliation and fear). Also, his Navigator House may or may not Black Ball you with their allies. This, in turn, makes you appear more attractive in the eyes of his House's rivals.

We'll have to have Trask do some Navigator negotiations before the next session so you can actually select a Naviagtor NPC with some personality (and all the complications connected with such).

nbneil

• View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2010, 05:42:30 PM »
Heh nice. I'm not sure more personality is better in this case. I guess I should do some damage control with his house's allies. The guy did seem a bit high and mighty. Are they all that way or just him? And does everyone tip toe around them? I guess I need some more background in some cases. If everyone just lets them get away with anything I can adjust my actions accordingly.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2010, 05:57:39 PM »
Bear in mind, most of the information that follows is my interpriation of the Imperium. Not every last bit of it is totally canon.

Navigator Houses are varied. They divide themselves into rough collections: noble, common, and rogue. Noble Houses operate like royal families and deal like them. Common Houses are closer to guilds, they function like businesses. Rogues are highly suspect, bordering on hersey in many places, at odds with more upstanding Houses.

All Navigators are human but only in the sense that mutants with stable mutations are human. Like many things within the Imperium, mutants are grey. Useful, longterm, stable mutation is often allowed to pass by without burning, especially when it is useful. Navigators all develope the same basic mutation: a third eye on their forehead which allows them to "see" the warp.

As they age their bodies alter farther, generally becoming tall and thin with clawed hands. There is variation in this mutation but it is consider stable enough that it doesn't require purging (and besides: they need Navigators).

A Lord Captain who gets blackball by a Royal House is basically shut out. As much as the Royals might feud but they all recognise one another's nobility and one who snubs a Royal is not to be dealt with again. The Commons are businessmen who have alot of pride but respect coin far more. Rogues are a fairly random element.

Your old Nagivator is a member of a Royal House. Depending on what he tells his family, Captain Trask may find himself locked out of the Royal Navigator option.

Dawnsteel

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • Dispensing indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2010, 06:55:34 PM »
Oh, right, forgot about this one:

Gearus: Captain, this door appears to be sealed with a technical lock.
Trask: No shit!
Gearus: No, sir, absolutely no biological excrement at all.  Definitely a technical lock.
I didn't come here to win. I came to make friends.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2010, 07:07:45 PM »
And, because it's Gearus, there's no way to tell if he's joking or not.

nbneil

• View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2010, 07:34:57 PM »
I guess further commentary should migrate to the other thread.

See posts there.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2010, 10:18:02 PM »
So, for the next episode I'm thinking sometime in April. Febrary and March will be very busy for me.

nbneil

• View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2010, 11:56:06 AM »
The play by post will have to keep me occupied, but I totally understand. I hope the move goes smoothly. This sounds ludicrous but April 22 and 23 should be good for me. I could play before that also. The 23rd in particular won't have any time constraints which is great for me. We can coordinate closer to the date as well. In the meantime, one of the NerdBound crew, Jason (Errador), expressed interest in being the Navigator. He's reading up on the rules now. Let me know what you think.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2010, 01:24:08 PM »
I know it's way for off but hopefully I can get it in sooner. If everything lines up right with the move than we could play in March.

More PCs is fine with me. Navigators have alot of fun powers AND they get freaky ass mutations too.

nbneil

• View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #132 on: February 11, 2010, 05:17:22 PM »
No big deal on the timeline. I was just pointing out how crazy it was that I have specific days that I am really open for playing.

nbneil

• View Profile
    • NerdBound
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2010, 12:14:19 PM »
Session 2 finale is up now! Everyone can catch up and check out the play by post between session thread. It's going well so far.

ShotgunSurgeon

« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2010, 08:53:46 PM »
As evidenced by my post numbers, I'm a bit of a noob on the forums, but I've thoroughly enjoyed the APs. So much so that I picked up the books. I'm still trying to familiarize myself with the mechanics, but I was hoping to jump into the game if any spots are still open.

If you've got room, just let me know. I'm willing to play anything and have a fairly good understanding of the 40k setting. I'll be glad to PM my contact info. Also I'm on EST, but my schedule is fairly flexible.

If there isn't any room, no worries... I'll just cry in this corner over here :'(