Author Topic: The Corrupt A Wish Thread  (Read 375580 times)

beowuuf

• I dream in graph paper lines
    • View Profile
    • DM.com - forums dedicated to a 25 year old PC game.
Re: The Corrupt A Wish Thread
« Reply #195 on: April 25, 2010, 02:27:30 AM »

Wish granted! Except you land on Boyos's head, corrupting his brain. When you explain the situation, he uses his incorruptable wish to fulfil yours. Unfortunately, that means his corrupted brain lands you perfectly ontop of Borat.

I wish that my power supply actually had a working fan, as I hadn't realised "it'll be the hottest day today" meant, in weather forecaster speak, "haha, you will be walking an hour to the computer shop in the rain."

acronomicon

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 26, 2010, 11:31:56 PM »
I wish that my power supply actually had a working fan, as I hadn't realised "it'll be the hottest day today" meant, in weather forecaster speak, "haha, you will be walking an hour to the computer shop in the rain."

Granted.  Your fan works great, but due to poor mechanical engineering there's no actual path for air flow through the supply.  You'll spend twice as long troubleshooting random problems as some voltage rails sag when the regulators are pushed to the limit, all the while *knowing* it can't be your supply because the fan is obviously working.

I wish I had more time to read about Malifaux to decide which faction to play.

siriq

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 30, 2010, 02:11:40 PM »

Granted.  Your fan works great, but due to poor mechanical engineering there's no actual path for air flow through the supply.  You'll spend twice as long troubleshooting random problems as some voltage rails sag when the regulators are pushed to the limit, all the while *knowing* it can't be your supply because the fan is obviously working.

granted you had all the time to read about Malifaux, and you finally decide what faction to play, but by the time you figure it out they game is played by no one.

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 30, 2010, 02:19:26 PM »

granted you had all the time to read about Malifaux, and you finally decide what faction to play, but by the time you figure it out they game is played by no one.

And, what is your wish?
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Kroack

• I walk between the rain drops, tommy gun and katana in hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 30, 2010, 04:01:56 PM »
I wish he had a wish.

beowuuf

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 01, 2010, 01:24:04 AM »

Wish granted, he does have a wish, he just doesn't tell anyone.

I wish I hadn't fallen asleep at 9pm yesterday, I've been far too productive since 4.30am :(

Setherick

• Administrator
  • Cosmic Horror: 1d10/1d100 SAN loss
  • Economies of Scale
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 01, 2010, 07:29:46 AM »

Wish granted, he does have a wish, he just doesn't tell anyone.

I wish I hadn't fallen asleep at 9pm yesterday, I've been far too productive since 4.30am :(

Granted. You are now a chronic insomniac, so you can't fall asleep. The closest you get to sleep is advanced relaxation exercises, but you never achieve REM.

I wish I had fallen asleep before 11:00, and that the cats hadn't woken me up four times, so I wouldn't be a zombie come 6:00.
"Something smart so that I can impress people I don't know." - Some Author I've Not Read

Mckma

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
  • Sometimes Murphy's Law needs to be enforced
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 06, 2010, 11:07:36 PM »
I wish I had fallen asleep before 11:00, and that the cats hadn't woken me up four times, so I wouldn't be a zombie come 6:00.

granted I have killed your cats and unplugged your alarm clock you sleep in untill 11am and miss all your plans for that day

I wish I had been posting the last couple weeks
Granted, everyone hates you for it.

I wish I didn't have to do my homework right now...

ugnis13

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 06, 2010, 11:32:41 PM »

I wish I had a personal vocano in my honor that when it erupts it spells "fuck you" in lava

granted, you now have a personal vocano, whatever the hell that is. Too bad you'll never get a real volcano though.

i wish that AP testing was easier than it is

acronomicon

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 07, 2010, 12:00:57 AM »
granted it is only very slightly easier and there is basically no differance

I wish for an orange

Granted.  However an OCD level urge to find something that rhymes with orange, coupled with the urge to kill anyone that tries to tell a knock-knock joke for fear it might be the "Orange you glad I didn't say banana" one, causes you to go insane.  You're gunned down in a produce section by police after attempting to hold someone hostage with an orange zester.

I wish that IC test sockets could perform more test cycles before going flaky.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 12:04:28 AM by acronomicon »

Boyos

• President of the Apparatus of Kwalish fan club
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 07, 2010, 12:35:41 AM »

Granted! But due to the fact I have no clue what an IC test socket your talking about does and why its flaky in its current state your now siting 300 feet below water Good luck!

I wish I new what he was wishing for!

siriq

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 07, 2010, 11:55:57 AM »

Granted! But due to the fact I have no clue what an IC test socket your talking about does and why its flaky in its current state your now siting 300 feet below water Good luck!

I wish I new what he was wishing for!

granted you now know everything to know about integrated circuits but your brain in incapable of learning anything else for the rest of your life.

I wish i had remembered to make a wish the last time i replied to this thread

JonHook

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 07, 2010, 12:01:59 PM »
I wish i had remembered to make a wish the last time i replied to this thread

Granted! Unfortunately, you wished for pork chop underwear in a room full of pittbulls!

I wish I could afford to go to GenCon this year.
"Isolation on a ship like this can breed heresy in the dark unwashed corners. I won't find evidence of heresy here, will I?" - Festor Sorebol (an Imperial Psyker in Tadanori's Dark Heresy game: House of Dust & Ash)

beowuuf

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 07, 2010, 02:00:36 PM »

Wish granted! Scandal and corruption destroys the integrity of gencon, everyone pulls out, and the shattered husk that is left of the convention is now very affordable. It consists of two World of Synibarr stalls.

I wish the UK didn't have a hung parliament.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #209 on: May 07, 2010, 04:22:52 PM »
Wish granted. V blows up parliament. WAY TO GO MR. ANARCHIST

I wish I had regeneration powers like Wolverine.