Author Topic: The Heroes of New Arcadia - RPPR Superheroes campaign - Wild Talents  (Read 560547 times)

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
Re: The Heroes of New Arcadia - RPPR Superheroes campaign - Wild Talents
« Reply #540 on: November 27, 2012, 06:04:56 PM »
Big event coming up this game, the Quetzalcoatl worshippers are finally having their big meeting and it's basically shutting down part of town because it turns out there's about fifteen thousand of them.

Issue #5 of the Neo-Detroit Tribune

Should be exciting.

Guy

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 27, 2012, 11:44:23 PM »
Well I'm leaving the Paypal page up for one week to catch any stragglers or people that can't use Kickstarter. So far I've gotten an extra $45 from it. I'll post the total amount once that ends.

Anyway, I want to thank everyone that backed this project. Once Amazon clears the money, I'll start sending out the download login details for the preview AP episodes. I plan to send out the ebook for the short story Pariah around December 10 or so.  It's 10k words in length and Ean Moody is doing cover art for it. Playtest is scheduled to go out sometime in February.

Hey Ross, when the kickstarter finished I got an email about how my transaction didn't go through - Amazon had the incorrect card info, blah blah - and I took corrective measures, getting the contribution sent through. Point here is, I just wanted to ask if the preview links had gone out yet because I'm an AP fiend, or if you're still handling shit.

clockworkjoe

• BUY MY BOOK
  • Administrator
  • Extreme XP CEO
    • View Profile
    • BUY MY BOOK
« Reply #542 on: November 28, 2012, 12:38:08 AM »
Well I'm leaving the Paypal page up for one week to catch any stragglers or people that can't use Kickstarter. So far I've gotten an extra $45 from it. I'll post the total amount once that ends.

Anyway, I want to thank everyone that backed this project. Once Amazon clears the money, I'll start sending out the download login details for the preview AP episodes. I plan to send out the ebook for the short story Pariah around December 10 or so.  It's 10k words in length and Ean Moody is doing cover art for it. Playtest is scheduled to go out sometime in February.

Hey Ross, when the kickstarter finished I got an email about how my transaction didn't go through - Amazon had the incorrect card info, blah blah - and I took corrective measures, getting the contribution sent through. Point here is, I just wanted to ask if the preview links had gone out yet because I'm an AP fiend, or if you're still handling shit.

I've waited on releasing the AP preview episodes because of you and some other people that failed their payments. I'll post them tomorrow.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #543 on: November 28, 2012, 01:58:48 AM »
We had a full set of adventures tonight. I'll update this tomorrow after I get some sleep.

EDIT: Okay, slept and now the details.

The players found an underground fighting arena had opened up in a warehouse not too far from their own secret warehouse base. That means more people around and possibly having police searching warehouses. One of the PCs managed to sneak in, which is to say he went to the door and was let in. He found about sixty people and several guards inside of the warehouse betting on bare knuckles battles involving what he eventually found out where Talents. So he stayed for awhile, lost some money wagering, and then left before the champion was brought out because that fight wasn't bet on one or the other. It was "guess how many seconds it takes for the champion to break the other guys limbs" and he didn't feel that was in his moral realm.

The big event of the session was that they were present for the followers of Quetzalcoatl's big celebration. In fact, they helped prevent the deity itself from manifesting by stopping an inpromptu mass minor blood sacrifice from spreading beyond a few hundred individuals. As a result only a single coatl (you know, the D&D monster) came through and proceeded to inform the gathered followers that next year, when the ages turn and it becames the year of the snake, a new chosen of Quetzalcoatl will be selected and given godly powers. In the meantime, it wants the factions to unite and prepare rites to summon more coatls into the world and prepare to allow Quetzalcoatl to return in the flesh. This resulted in alot of chaos but no riot.

Before the portal opened one of the PCs managed to get himself into a Facebook group with several female amateaur super-scientists. He was trying to get a girlfriend but lacked the charm to pull it off and ended up as the group's token male member, wedged firmly in the friend zone.

Finally two of the players went back to the Behemoth mountain digger because they think AEGIS might have discovered a hidden hero base and they want to get to it first. They don't listen very well when they were warned (by their own allies no less who tried to sneak in last session) that the place is heavily guarded. They managed to sneak in past the outer defenses but get spotted by the AEGIS sniper when they entered the main work area and got surprise attacked by guards and an AEGIS super soldier using less than lethal weaponry. They managed to escape but both got shot in the leg by the sniper (who was on orders not to kill). They also badly mangled the super solider (a grenadier) because he was wearing light armor only and wasn't expecting Talents to attack him with magical lightning.

So they've basically called AEGIS out by outright attacking them. AEGIS has been trying to get special permission to get access to heavy weapons for its super soldier special units using the justification that dangerous Talents have begun to appear since Overwatch vanished but they weren't able to point to specific examples were military arms and armor would have made a major difference. This event is likely to serve as the example they can now point to.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 12:20:51 PM by Tadanori Oyama »

SageNytell

• I dream in graph paper lines
  • We're the Tusken Sound Raiders... start the rave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 02, 2012, 10:35:56 PM »
Maw ha ha ha!
Victory!

I'll be waiting the spoils of war...well maybe not war...

Also happy that Baseraiders did better then I expected.

You were insufficiently optimistic, I was insufficiently pragmatic. What matters is the Kickstarter did well and it sounds like there'll be more for Base Raiders in the future via splat books, so I still get what I want.  ;D
My game'll seat a max of 5 players, Monsters and Other Childish Things for the system, pregens provided, and it'll probably take place sometime in early December if that's at all possible for scheduling and early January if not. Gorkamorka and Tad already have spots, sound off here or PM me if you'd like a spot.

Alright, quick update. I've got 4 people so far - GorkaMorka, Tadanori Oyama, Dom, and Teuthic, and a friend of mine might be joining us so I'm calling it there. Game'll be held sometime in January because fuck trying to schedule things in December. We'll be playing Monsters and Other Childish Things in a setting inspired largely by EarthBound. Any further nonsense will be posted in the thread I started in RPGs.
You may now return to your regularly scheduled Wild Talents.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #545 on: December 05, 2012, 01:41:20 AM »
Whole lot happened today. The team managed to agree they didn't want to be international terrorists hunted by the state so they didn't attack the huge mining machine and instead tried to delay it by sending political objections towards it.

They met the Arcane Underground, which I'm spinning like an Underground Railroad for magical beings since we have a solid wizard base in the city so there's lots of summoning and binding. I went with their "leader" being the Personification of Death. One of the players failed his Stability roll and ran away from the enchanted woods that they found the portal in. They also found out that Demon Arm is working with the Underground against the drug sellers in the Magic District and now they want to try and make friends with him.

The martial artist discovered awhile ago that he's been learning Atlantian Spider style but couldn't read the manual, he's been looking at the pictures. He's learning to read it and discovered that he's actually learning the style wrong by using it to defend people: it's supposed to be used to kill people. He's now trying to learn it his own way but the style dwelling in his subconcious is fighting to be the one he uses by attacking his dreams.

The scientist managed to not only complete his super soldier formulation but got the team shooter to shot the drug into all the senior staff at the super-scientist academy. Shortly the entire super-scientist staff will become linked by a hive mind psychic bridge.

The group still isn't sure what they want to be. Some want to try to be heroes, or at least improve their public image, and one refuses to commit to a moral statement because it's a gritty game and trying to be purely good or bad is going to bite them hard.

And finally they turned down negotiations from the drug cartel, including unnecessarily punching the messenger in the face.

Another great game.

Froggycleric

• Slayer of the Dread Gazebo
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 05, 2012, 09:32:43 PM »
Shortly the entire super-scientist staff will become linked by a hive mind psychic bridge.
That seems like it will end wonderfully.

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #547 on: December 12, 2012, 11:26:13 AM »
Well this session was kind of screwed up, and not in the usual intended way. We had a new player interested in the game who had no idea what he was doing and caused alot of disruption in the game. He robbed a bank and I eventually just had him get busted by the police and taken to jail to remove him from the game. We're going to try him next week with a pre-built hero built by one of the other players and see if he's learned his lesson.

The group itself also had some splitting. After the end of the last session, when two of the players pissed off the drug cartels, one of the other PCs has been keeping them at arms length because he doesn't want to be linked with them when the cartel enforces show up.

This resulted in two of the PCs basically running a two player game for the first half of the session and three of them running as a small group for the second half.

They managed to climb up the partly completed space elevator and discovered a very advanced machine lifeform was using bronze materials to patch an upper section of the tower. This allowed it to turn the upper areas of the elevator into a massive static electric generator, collecting static power and strikes of lightning and storing them in a massive battery, which it had hooked up to a transmitter.

The robot's last operational orders had been to reestablish contact with Overwatch, shortly before they vanished. It's been trying to do that for the last year and has been building this device to do so but now realizes that in 4 of the 5 scenarios it has forecast, extremely large numbers of people will die and is at an ethical quandry.

Enter the players, who manage to get an old Overwatch certified person on the phone with the robot so it can override it's existing order and fire the energy off into space, causing minimal harm to the elevator and the city below (only a few hundred thousand in property damage and a dozen or so deaths).

Next session will be when they finally manage to dig all the way down to the first base they discovered and begin exploring it.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:25:32 PM by Tadanori Oyama »

QuickreleasePersonalitY

• I am worth 100 points in GURPS...ladies
  • if you see your self on the road, kill it
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 12, 2012, 06:13:48 PM »
sounds like they ran afoul of the guy with the power 'Bradbury Fetish' and 'Channel Social Angst'
pretentious i am
lest pretentious i become

Tadanori Oyama

• Extreme XP CEO
  • The Full Time GM
    • View Profile
    • Full Time GM
« Reply #549 on: December 12, 2012, 07:36:01 PM »
Yeah, it got a little heavy in real life, which isn't what I'm going for. I want the social tension to be in character.

Leviathan

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
  • Back-up singer for the Tusken Sound Raiders.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 19, 2012, 06:40:45 PM »
Not sure if you guys have seen this, but I noticed it in the gas station where I picked up my copy of Eclipse Phase;

It's real. Going to watch it tomorrow, I think. Anyway, this is how I'm going to imagine The Samaritan each time he's mentioned in the future. Pretty sweet to have Sammy L as a father.
Railroad Diary, a place where I occasionally put words.

Teapot

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 23, 2012, 10:45:24 PM »
Not sure if you guys have seen this, but I noticed it in the gas station where I picked up my copy of Eclipse Phase

Gas stations sell Eclipse Phase now? Man the world's changed.

Review Cultist

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 23, 2012, 10:57:24 PM »
I hear that! lol I wish any of the Gas stations near me sold RPG books.
Liquid Water?

Teapot

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 31, 2012, 10:14:16 AM »
I didn't see this elsewhere and even though the game is over it's still an interesting thing for supers games in modern times: http://lawandthemultiverse.com/

Mixmastermax

• Zombie Apocalypse Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 25, 2013, 04:25:04 AM »
Can we get all those commands there were for the Leviathan, game.
The Full Commandment list. And hopefully what they did.
Please Caleb!