News: Base Raiders is almost done. The books will be printed and shipped soon. There are new videos on the RPPR Youtube channel, including a new improv comedy with Thad.
Synopsis: If you have an unusual idea for a campaign setting, then it’s often better to take a toolkit game system like GURPS for the rules instead of building your own system for it. In this episode, Tom and I discuss the topic of world building, game systems, and picking the right game for your campaign. What rules match the important elements of your campaign? Find out in this episode. Also, instead of a letter, Tom has an improvised rant, plus shout outs and an anecdote.
- Outlast: Scary PC horror game in the vein of Amnesia. Investigate an insane asylum but don’t fall prey to the horrors that lurk within it.
- Sense of the Sleight of Hand Man: An excellent open-ended Dreamlands campaign for Call of Cthulhu.
- Accursed: A Kickstarter for a new horror RPG setting, where the PCs are all monsters who fight
- I Drink for a Reason: A new comedy book from David Cross
- Chivalry: Customization patch is the best patch. Sandwich knights for life!