A cluster of enclaves in Missouri faces annihilation at the hands of a massive horde of the undead. Their only hope is to prepare for war, a job for their preeminent taker crew, the D4s. The crew uses an armored vehicle to take the largest scores of valuable goods they can find, no matter what gets in their way, whether it’s undead, human, or mother nature. In this episode, Jason B, Aaron, Maddy, David, and I talk about this campaign. How did Jason get the idea for it, how it was run, what we liked and what we would have changed, if anything.
Synopsis: Thad and I both have ideas for scenarios. I got an idea for an investigative scenario (probably Delta Green) after I watched a series called Fear City. It focuses on the FBI’s prosecution of the mafia in the early 80s and how wiretapping was a key component. So I thought why not build a scenario around wiretapping? Thad recently read a book called Strike about the history of labor organizing and thought that would be an interesting challenge for a Red Markets game. In this episode, we talk about our ideas and how to structure them as adventures.
Follow Thad’s Twitter profile to keep up with his latest work, including his upcoming Twitch stream!
- Collection of Saga Final Fantasy Legend: The old gameboy FF games brought to the Switch
- Come Drink With Me: A wuxia classic. Kung fu and amazing storytelling.
- Strike: A history of labor organizing.
- Bar the Windows, Bolt the Doors: a story telling horror game.
- Sensor: The newest Junji Ito horror masterpiece.
- Grave Encounters 1 and 2: Architectural horror films. A very niche subgenre but I love it.
- Streets of Rogue: An action roguelike video game with surprising complexity.
- Psychonauts 2: An incredible platformer video game about healing trauma.
Red Markets has a whole line of supplements, such as Veblen Goods and Trabajo, an enclave book. Sean Farris, one of the writers behind the Veblen Guide, visited Springfield and talked to Caleb and I about Red Markets. We discussed the challenges writing supplements for an existing game and collaborating with others, among other topics.