Jeff Barber recently spoke to me about his new project, Blue Planet Recontact. It’s the new, updated, definitive edition of the classic science fiction roleplaying game set on the wild, frontier waterworld of Poseidon. Blue Planet is a compelling RPG journey into humanity’s precarious future on a distant waterworld where political unrest and a hungry alien ecology threaten the nascent colony effort. ‘
We talked about writing a new edition of the game, planning the Kickstarter, and the kind of work that went into it, from research to finding sensitivity readers. It was a great discussion and if you are thinking about running a RPG project on Kickstarter, this is the episode for you.
The first full Delta Green campaign, Impossible Landscapes, is finally out. I’ve long awaited this book, as I have been fascinated with Carcosa and surreal horror since I first read Night Floors years ago. I caught up with Dennis Detwiller and Shane Ivey of Arc Dream Publishing to learn more about the book. Read the essay that began it all, the Road to Hali.
Caleb also joined us to talk about his new project, Dead Channel, an upcoming Patreon focused on Delta Green products.
This episode will spoil some of the contents from Impossible Landscapes
News: RPPR episodes are going to be a bit slower because I want to ensure quality episodes. We should have some game designer workshops this year because Caleb and I are both working on various projects. Our weekly livestreams (every Sunday!) on the RPPR Patreon Discord are going strong with better quality audio. Join the Patreon to get an invite to the Discord!
Synopsis: One page games are only growing in popularity but what makes a good one? Baz has an idea for his own one page game so Birk and I talk to him about it. We discuss some one page games and what we like in a good one page game. Some of our examples are:
- Teardown: a game about destroying things and speedrunning.
- Pawn Sacrifice: a film about the 1972 World Chess Championship.
- Unemployed Wine Guy: An alcohol review and discussion Youtube Channel
- Monster Train: a deckbuilding video game that is very addictive
- tardiobscurus: a great Japanese music mix Youtube channel
- Tasting History: a food history and cooking Youtube channel
- Goodbye, Dragon Inn: a film about the last screening at a rundown theater in Taiwan.
- Cola Splash: an EDM DJ
- How the ‘Layers of Fear’ Dev Copy/Pasted Their Way to Notoriety: A video explaining what Layers of Fear ripped off