In this episode, we talk about potential games to make about Rio Olympics, plus part 2 of the Future King review, a review of Glory Hole Dwarven Mine from Judge’s Guild, and Tom brings in Mutazoids. We create a PC, Terry.
News: Check out the schedule for our schedule for livestreaming on the RPPR Patreon Discord! Also, we’ve been posting some banger episodes on the Mixed Six, so don’t forget to check that out if you haven’t already!
Synopsis: Caleb and I have recently watched the classic Argento film, Deep Red, and it sparked a discussion on investigative games. It demonstrates the challenge of interpreting clues versus finding clues. It also shows the perils of chasing red herrings. If you’ve struggled to run a good mystery game, especially a Gumshoe Engine game, this episode is for you!
- Slay the Spire: An addicting deck-building roguelike game
- Hades: An addicting action RPG roguelike
- Carrion: An excellent horror-themed metroidvania game
- The Invitation: a thriller about a dinner party
- The Beach House: a horror flick about cosmic horror and awkward dinner parties
- The Wide Carnivorous Sky: a collection of horror short stories
- Radiant Dawn: A Delta Green-esque horror novel
Caleb has restarted work on Slingstone, his superhero-slaying RPG. We have some playtests of the first version of Slingstone on RPPR B-Sides volume 5 if you want to hear that. I have an idea for a zine system-free version of Night Clerk, one of our more popular AP episodes. We also talk about creativity in the age of Covid-19.