Many RPGs use d20s for resolving combat, like D&D, 13th Age, and Lancer. Caleb and I have been playing a lot of d20 games recently and we wanted to talk about the nature of d20 combat. It’s a very swingy system, where every combatant can miss in a single round, resulting in nothing happening. Can this problem be fixed?
Caleb is running a Red Markets 2E playtest campaign. Go to Hebanon Games to listen and access the beta draft rules. Caleb’s also running a bunch of Delta Green on Dead Channels.
- Deadly Dowagers: A fun board game about marrying rich men and murdering them for their estates.
- Monk and Robot: A novel series about a traveling robot and monk.
- Shiny Happy People: a documentary series about the evils of the Duggar family.
- How to Blow Up a Pipeline: a film based on the book of the same name.
- Worst of the Worst: A Youtube video essay series about the bottom level of combat sports.
- Starship Troopers: Extermination – a co-op shooter about blowing up alien bugs and building bases.