News: RPPR episodes are going to be a bit slower because I want to ensure quality episodes. We should have some game designer workshops this year because Caleb and I are both working on various projects. Our weekly livestreams (every Sunday!) on the RPPR Patreon Discord are going strong with better quality audio. Join the Patreon to get an invite to the Discord!
Synopsis: One page games are only growing in popularity but what makes a good one? Baz has an idea for his own one page game so Birk and I talk to him about it. We discuss some one page games and what we like in a good one page game. Some of our examples are:
- Teardown: a game about destroying things and speedrunning.
- Pawn Sacrifice: a film about the 1972 World Chess Championship.
- Unemployed Wine Guy: An alcohol review and discussion Youtube Channel
- Monster Train: a deckbuilding video game that is very addictive
- tardiobscurus: a great Japanese music mix Youtube channel
- Tasting History: a food history and cooking Youtube channel
- Goodbye, Dragon Inn: a film about the last screening at a rundown theater in Taiwan.
- Cola Splash: an EDM DJ
- How the ‘Layers of Fear’ Dev Copy/Pasted Their Way to Notoriety: A video explaining what Layers of Fear ripped off