Role playing is a collaborative hobby but conflicts between players and the GM inevitably arise. Cody, Dan, Tom and I discuss how adversarial gaming can affect your game and how to deal with it. RJ and I also talk about the new online tabletop section of the RPPR forums and we get into a discussion of the differences between long standing campaigns and shorter ones. We also have a few anecdotes and shout outs:
- The RPPR Steam Group: If you play games over Steam, then join us and play l4d2 or other games with Ross or other RPPR fans.
- Battlefield Baseball: A crazy Japanese action movie about baseball and zombies.
- Coup de Torchon: A brilliant crime movie and an “engrossing and unsettling meditation on moral collapse.”
- Rocket Knight: vidya game about a steam powered opossum knight.
- The Hidden: Great HL2 mod. One invisible monster vs a team of commandos. Who will win?
- Player Strategy Guide: A 4E book for players new to the game. Good advice on tactics and role playing.
- Joe the Barbarian: Grant Morrison written comic of a child’s fantasy world. Think Narnia but crazier.
Music: Joe’s Confession by Game Over
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:40:36 — 69.1MB)
Subscribe: Android |
In this episode, we have a special guest: Mike from Bear Swarm. We discuss why edition wars and hating on games in discussions is a pointless endeavor and why people endlessly flame each other over them. We also talk about Catalyst Game Labs and of course, Tom has a letter.
- Triangle: A great horror film that is better the less you know about it before you watch it.
- Pandemic: A board game about stopping a global pandemic. You usually fail.
- Imaginary Monsters: A web comic about monsters and dungeons.
- Poo: A card game about monkeys flinging poo.
- Casshern: The live action Japanese 2007 sci-fi flick. Crazy effects and nonsensical plot.
- MD Geist: Ultra violent 80s anime that features gamer logic.
- Iron Tyrants: ROBOT SMASHING FIGHTING TIME
- Sin Titulo: Eisner nominated web comic. Very creepy and a great read.
Music: Cataclysmic Crash by Game Over.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:23:00 — 67.4MB)
Subscribe: Android |
We have switched our forum software from BBpress to SMF. Check out the new forums and rant about Rifts and old Genesis video games. I’ve posted some bits from a new dark superhero campaign I’m working on, inspired by the Watchmen.