Red Markets has a whole line of supplements, such as Veblen Goods and Trabajo, an enclave book. Sean Farris, one of the writers behind the Veblen Guide, visited Springfield and talked to Caleb and I about Red Markets. We discussed the challenges writing supplements for an existing game and collaborating with others, among other topics.
Synopsis:Thad and I both recently played Control, a new video game about a secret government agency that tries to protect the world from supernatural forces while also trying to exploit that power for their own ends. Obviously, this is a riff on the SCP Foundation, but even that is part of a larger tradition of giant and usually evil (or at least corrupt) bureaucracies in horror games. Whether they are corporate or governmental, these bureaucracies wield as much power as an elder god and cannot be easily stopped or slain. We talk about how to subvert or change these tropes to make your next game or player character more interesting.
- Ballad of Black Tom: a brilliant Lovecraftian horror novella
- Astral Chain: a new beat em up from Platinum Games
- The Hitcher: a horror film starring Rutger Hauer as a terrifying hitchhiker
- Mob Psycho 100: A new anime series from the creator of One Punch Man
- The Dead Don’t Die: A zombie film directed by Jim Jarmusch
- The Wind: A Western horror film about life out on the Prairie
Jeff Barber – Get the Quickstart guide for Blue Planet: Recontact for free!
Caleb Stokes – Get Trabajo now!