News: If you haven’t listened to Night Clerk Radio in a while, check out our most recent episodes. We’ve fine-tuned our editing, so they’re even better than before! The RPPR Patreon is back on track, after a slight delay last month. Be sure to check out our latest After Hours episode where we playtest a game about making up bad game ideas.
Synopsis: I am running a Blades in the Dark campaign so I got Aaron, Bill and Jeff Barber (who has run his own campaign of Blades in the Dark) to discuss the system and setting. We talk about our favorite parts, least favorite, and ideas for other games. If you’re curious about this game, give this episode a listen!
- He is a Good Boy: a weird epic comic from KC Green about a lil acorn.
- UVG: A weird fantasy RPG about traveling across a weird world.
- Lord of Light: A Rober Zelazny fantasy novel
- The Other Side of the Mountain: a weird fiction novella about a doomed expedition to the New World
- Tabletopia: A virtual board game app with support for many board games
- Rwby critique: Hbomberguy discusses the animu series for 2.5 hours 😮
- The Edge Dawnfell: a tabletop wargame with cool factions and rules
- Odin Makes: a cosplay crafting Youtube channel
- Paratopic: a short weird horror video game stylized as a PS1 game.
Synopsis: We are preparing for a Blades in the Dark campaign, so Caleb, Birk, and I talk about planning heists as players. Heists are harder for some players to comprehend because force isn’t always an option. Discretion and cunning are harder to learn than murderhoboery, but hopefully this will help!
- Sun Down Motel: A novel about a haunted motel and two women who investigate it
- Sentient: a comic about a generation ship, its AI, and the children it raises
- End of Policing: a nonfiction book about changing how we think about the police and the legal system
- Midnight Ultra: a psychedelic FPS about killing cultists and monsters in acid Quake graphics
- The Shallows: a book about how the Internet is changing us.
- Floor is Lava: A silly obstacle course show on Netflix
News: If you like this episode, consider backing the RPPR Patreon to get 4 years of After Hours episodes, plus early access to Actual Plays, and access to our Discord. I am streaming weird videos like my movie Motor Home from Hell!
Synopsis: Our listeners have been sending in some great review fodder, so Caleb reviews Cyberskelter, a scenario anthology for Cyberspace, the same RPG that was responsible for Death Valley Free Prison. I review part of the Future King, a batshit insane RPG/adventure that takes six very specific heroes from history to save King Athur. We also discuss some Kickstarter-related topics, such as a certain con artist and the practicality of Chaosium’s Horror on the Orient Express.